Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So having just watched the clip/feat in question ...

Arby, my man. In context, it's not particularly a reflex feat. His eyes vibrate to speed with Quicksilver, yes, and it's obvious his mind operates that quickly ... but with the emphasis put on watching Quicksilver's movement, looks like he predicts where he'll step next and catches him out.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So having just watched the clip/feat in question ...

Arby, my man. In context, it's not particularly a reflex feat. His eyes vibrate to speed with Quicksilver, yes, and it's obvious his mind operates that quickly ... but with the emphasis put on watching Quicksilver's movement, looks like he predicts where he'll step next and catches him out.
    So because the effect was done 2 feet in front of the guy, it somehow discredits the feat as opposed to if he had broken his neck or something?

In your own words, his mind operates that quickly. He can use his powers at those speeds and move chunks of soil around at speeds visible in slow time. That's enough to blitz Strange imo
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So because the effect was done 2 feet in front of the guy, it somehow discredits the feat as opposed to if he had broken his neck or something?

In your own words, his mind operates that quickly. He can use his powers at those speeds and move chunks of soil around at speeds visible in slow time. That's enough to blitz Strange imo
    I don't disagree on the end result, I'm squabbling over how I think you're applying the feat

He can use mental **** that fast, he's not throwing a punch that fast, etc. If you're not saying that, then, well, I'm just bugging you.

+1
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I don't disagree on the end result, I'm squabbling over how I think you're applying the feat

He can use mental **** that fast, he's not throwing a punch that fast, etc. If you're not saying that, then, well, I'm just bugging you.

+1
    *facepalm*

Is that what this is about?? Well. Im sorry for not being clear - yeah, I do NOT think he can move all his limbs around at super sonic speeds. Just mentally activate his powers and work his brain at that level.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

If it's any consolation, Arby's definitely made me question whether I've made a stomp or not.

I always thought Quicksilver's speed blitz forcibly activated Apocalypse's adaptive mutant power as opposed to him making a conscientious choice. But then shortly after ensnaring Quicksilver, Apocalypse caught one of his punches at point-blank.

....But then Mystique (posing as Psylocke) slashed his throat.

*shrugs*

*facepalm*

Is that what this is about?? Well. Im sorry for not being clear - yeah, I do NOT think he can move all his limbs around at super sonic speeds. Just mentally activate his powers and work his brain at that level.
    Ah, it all becomes clearer now. We were arguing two different things. Lol

*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    We've made progress here, guys.

This is the humanity Apocalypse was afraid of !

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I actually think it was more him adapting briefly to QS and getting him, less him having that level of reaction speed consistently.

Which makes sense to me as he doesn’t show that level of speed standardly. He has to either ramp up to it or something like that.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post

Why do I feel like Cthulhu is some sort of marriage counselor who is dutifully repairing my relationship with Slade1? ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I actually think it was more him adapting briefly to QS and getting him, less him having that level of reaction speed consistently.

Which makes sense to me as he doesn’t show that level of speed standardly. He has to either ramp up to it or something like that.
    Two options. 1: PIS why he doesn't always move like that. Just like 99% of Flash showings. CW specifically lol. 2: He DOES need to "ramp up" which still wouldnt affect this Rumble because he showed he can ramp up in tiny fractions of a second.

What we CANT say is he was adapting. Adapting isnt his power. He doesn't have guided evolution. In fact it literally goes out of Its way to say he CANT adapt. He couldn't create healing abilities for one. Xavier style telepathy neither. It seems like his mutant power was "steal bodies/powers" at best, or "Has a boatload of un-announced swiss army knife powers at his disposal" at worst.
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 09-21-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Cthully working with Arby's is also the Apocalypse that humanity was afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Cthully working with Arby's is also the Apocalypse that humanity was afraid of.
    But it was also the Apocalypse humanity needed.