Incredible Member

Default The Mandalorian on Disney+

I guess I had to start the thread since everyone else here was derelict in their duty.

I'm enjoying the show so far. Loved the second episode, and it's interesting that it really did have a star wars vibe, right down to the relative lack of dialog. It was a simple story with much of the meat shown rather than told, with music to go with it. I remember seeing George Lucas say as much about star wars, how it was not driven primarily by dense plot and exposition but more by larger sweeping themes. Of course, plot and intricate themes are fine too if done well. But I'm liking the show quite a bit. My main regret is I am watching it on my computer screen, an old sony 43" x800d. 4k, but not stunningly beautiful. I really need an oled. This is the kind of show, along with things like the expanse, where I want to see it in the most pristine display possible. Like that battlefront real life mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

I intend to replace my display next year when lg finally releases 48 inch oled displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I guess I had to start the thread since everyone else here was derelict in their duty.
    It's because everyone else knows Star Wars threads belong in the Star Wars forum.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...he-Mandalorian
    The thread is 8 pages long and everyone is loving the show so far. You'll get more chat over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post

I'm enjoying the show so far. Loved the second episode, and it's interesting that it really did have a star wars vibe, right down to the relative lack of dialog. It was a simple story with much of the meat shown rather than told, with music to go with it. I remember seeing George Lucas say as much about star wars, how it was not driven primarily by dense plot and exposition but more by larger sweeping themes. Of course, plot and intricate themes are fine too if done well. But I'm liking the show quite a bit. My main regret is I am watching it on my computer screen, an old sony 43" x800d. 4k, but not stunningly beautiful. I really need an oled. This is the kind of show, along with things like the expanse, where I want to see it in the most pristine display possible. Like that battlefront real life mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA

I intend to replace my display next year when lg finally releases 48 inch oled displays.

Come on over! It's good conversation and yes we love it!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....