Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Fight Club, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    If you don't see the beating of Angel as repressed homosexuality, I have to ask... why did he beat Angel till his face was deformed? Why did he watch Tyler and Angel chatting intimately, then suddenly want to beat Angel half to death when previously he had no problem with him? The superhero world of "male fantasy wish-fulfillment" is exactly why superheroes have big muscles, but (as has been discussed on the boards) it's very rarely sexualised. He imagined intimate times with Tyler, sitting with him naked in a bath (in fact a lot of his times with Tyler involved Tyler in few clothes). It was beyond "wish-fulfillment"; it was heavily focused on a sexual nature.

BR, as I said, they did not shy away from his being gay, they movie was about Queen an their music. Sorry if you wanted a movie about Freddy being Gay, but that is not what they focused on.
    The movie's driving force is Freddie and his life, in the nicest possible way it's insincere to pretend the film was purely "about Queen and their music." The remaining band members wanted it to be that, but the film wasn't. It was the Freddie show, and we all know it. AND WITH THAT IN MIND, it did a p*ss poor job focusing on his sexuality. Which was a huge part of his life, not a footnote of 5 minutes in a 2hr 14mins film. Also it's just a little bit disrespectful. He was a trailblazer and icon of the gay community, it's just wrong to do a film about that and brush that aside. "Could" you do a film about the day Harvey Milk went to buy groceries and chatted to his friends? Sure. Would it be bizarre to barely focus on the fact he was a gay trailblazer? Absolutely. Do you see what I mean?

Truthfully you could edit out a few minutes of "Behind the Candelabra", but Liberaci would still be Gay.
    Rubbish! If you edited out all the gayness of "Behind the Candelabra" they'd be barely anything left. That film was wall-to-wall gay. As it should be
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    If you don't see the beating of Angel as repressed homosexuality, I have to ask... why did he beat Angel till his face was deformed? Why did he watch Tyler and Angel chatting intimately, then suddenly want to beat Angel half to death when previously he had no problem with him? The superhero world of "male fantasy wish-fulfillment" is exactly why superheroes have big muscles, but (as has been discussed on the boards) it's very rarely sexualised. He imagined intimate times with Tyler, sitting with him naked in a bath (in fact a lot of his times with Tyler involved Tyler in few clothes). It was beyond "wish-fulfillment"; it was heavily focused on a sexual nature.
    I must admit you make good points here.

The movie's driving force is Freddie and his life, in the nicest possible way it's insincere to pretend the film was purely "about Queen and their music." The remaining band members wanted it to be that, but the film wasn't. It was the Freddie show, and we all know it. AND WITH THAT IN MIND, it did a p*ss poor job focusing on his sexuality. Which was a huge part of his life, not a footnote of 5 minutes in a 2hr 14mins film. Also it's just a little bit disrespectful. He was a trailblazer and icon of the gay community, it's just wrong to do a film about that and brush that aside. "Could" you do a film about the day Harvey Milk went to buy groceries and chatted to his friends? Sure. Would it be bizarre to barely focus on the fact he was a gay trailblazer? Absolutely. Do you see what I mean?
    QUOTE]The movie's driving force is Freddie and his life, in the nicest possible way it's insincere to pretend the film was purely "about Queen and their music." The remaining band members wanted it to be that, but the film wasn't. It was the Freddie show, and we all know it. AND WITH THAT IN MIND, it did a p*ss poor job focusing on his sexuality. Which was a huge part of his life, not a footnote of 5 minutes in a 2hr 14mins film. Also it's just a little bit disrespectful. He was a trailblazer and icon of the gay community, it's just wrong to do a film about that and brush that aside. "Could" you do a film about the day Harvey Milk went to buy groceries and chatted to his friends? Sure. Would it be bizarre to barely focus on the fact he was a gay trailblazer? Absolutely. Do you see what I mean?

Rubbish! If you edited out all the gayness of "Behind the Candelabra" they'd be barely anything left. That film was wall-to-wall gay. As it should be [/QUOTE ]
    Beyond the music they focused on Freddy, and the main focus was his life style. They just didn't show the sex. But they showed picking up men on the road, they showed him living with men at home. He says he is gay, they show him with AIDS. I don't get where they didn't deal with it. I get he is an Icon, but unlike Harvey Milk, he never came out. Sorry it wasn't the movie you wanted. But it was the movie Queen fans wanted.

But I suppose we are in the agree to disagree territory
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-20-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    How is Passion of the Christ gay?
    Attractive half-naked man with bondage S&M overtones. It actually had a pretty big gay cult following back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    How is Passion of the Christ gay?
    Jesus is Gay
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Attractive half-naked man with bondage S&M overtones. It actually had a pretty big gay cult following back in the day.
    Sooooo many times we had to watch (I slept) this movie in my Young Men's Devotion Group. Our Super Square Leader was all about the lessons it taught boooout 18 months ago After moving back home Guess who I see on Grindr
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

There’s also St. Sebastian, the patron saint of gays(unofficially).

looks like a lot of manscaping going on there.
    St. Sebastian could win for Gayest paintings.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Jesus is Gay

Sooooo many times we had to watch (I slept) this movie in my Young Men's Devotion Group. Our Super Square Leader was all about the lessons it taught boooout 18 months ago After moving back home Guess who I see on Grindr
    Mel Gibson?

Have to say, “Young Men’s Devotion Group” doesn’t exactly sound 100% straight to begin with.

James Whales' "Frankenstein" starring Boris Karloff.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Jesus is Gay

Oh, do go on...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    James Whales' "Frankenstein" starring Boris Karloff.
    Or "Young Frankenstein". I mean they even did a dance number with canes and top hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Or "Young Frankenstein". I mean they even did a dance number with canes and top hats.
    Show tunes do not make someone gay. And as Madeline Kahn found, he was all man and then some.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Batman Forever. I thought that frat boy relationship between Bruce and, ahem, Richard, had it's moments.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

300. Basically a bunch of ridiculously muscular men wearing as little as possible while they act as macho as possible and kill any guy who's ugly and/or covered up.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Batman Forever. I thought that frat boy relationship between Bruce and, ahem, Richard, had it's moments.
    Dick: Your looking at your new partner.
    Bruce: No!
    Dick: Bruce, whenever you go all night, I'll be watching and wherever Batman goes, I'm gonna be right beside him. I mean, how are you gonna stop me?
    Bruce: I can stop you.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Chris O'Donnell alone helped awaken a generation. It's why I named it two pages ago.