Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
I was with and going to say "There's different administrations and different writers who understand characters do different degrees" its been a long while but they seem to get batman "the most" and "the most consistently"

I also think there's a bit of a problem with superman and his universal appeal... and How he seems to comic readers who aren't 30+... He's just not their hero.

There's no more evolution to be had with this guy. He's Dad. He's dad and ... he's there to tell everyone that they're wrong, and that they need to be more like him.
Or he'll spank you ... and believe me he can.

He's not Saitama, nor Goku in appeal anymore and I often wrack my brain trying to figure that out but I boil it down to he's not that fun? Not sure. but d.c. has trouble bridging that gap.

Meanwhile... this...

Thats... kinda uncool.

MOVING ON!

I don't agree about, Grayson... I think the batman beyond is cartoon was a good comparative example of how it could easily be a thing, but Nitewing the brand really isn't bright and shiny even if his personality is.

Aside from that... to some undetermined large amount of people. . .

Sidekicks live in the shadows of their mentors.... and they OWE as a metaphor (a percentage of all their proceeds to their mentor.)

No matter WHAT Nitewing does... he's partially owned by batman and so his successes are batmans successes. Leading us to still say "DC only cares about batman"

---------

That being said. . . I think D.C. really cared about Constantine and If Im completely honest they likely cared about every property that ALMOST
broke through to be HUGE. Ryan Reynolds green lantern could have been deadpool "IF", but it wasn't.

I'm suuuure they'd like to have more billion dollar franchise players.

They DEFINITELY care ... but BATMAN keeps the lights on.

Period. Even his spin offs keep the lights on.
Goku is a father. Hell, Batman is a father ten times over Superman and how you described Superman is actually much closer to how Batman is written much of the time.