Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's not. It's a weird fusion of post-Crisis and pre-Crisis. And those pre-Crisis elements, which are honestly a little fuzzy around the edges and harder to focus on for the most part, and probably why so many people think the New52 had such heavy influence on the book, since Morrison's run had so much pre-Crisis in its makeup.

But really, look at the timeline. MoS hit in mi-2013, and I forget the details but would've been filming and in production for at least a year prior to that (mid 2012) and the script and pre-production would've started before that. Work on MoS likely began before the first issues of the New52 were out. I very much doubt those comics had any significant impact on the film. Just a guess of course, if there's interviews where Zack Snyder talks about Morrison's Action being an influence I'm not aware of them.
    I have mentioned it earlier pages.
    zack's superman isn't based on golden age supes. It is based on amalgamation of postcrisis(man of steel byrne reboot) , for tomorrow , earth one, donner movie, couple of lines from allstar with alterations and maybe birthright (i say maybe because waid isn't a fan of zack's movie). Morrison's superman was based on the original guy. So, they are different characters altogether.He was a badass through and through. he is a bit aggressive. But, the smile on his will make good innocent people be relieved and make the corrupt fear
    These are influences i could find in zack's movies. The priest is from for tomorrow. Line during flight is from allstar superman. Clark being superpowered as kid comes from earthone and donner which is from older takes. Zod plotline comes from donner. The gravity thingys come from earth one and it causing clark damage comes from it as well. The bad guys trying to destroy earth with it is also from that. Kelex, many kryptonIan aspects such as birthing matrix, artificial births, dystopian society.. Etc come from post crisis. Killing of zod comes from post crisis.Hope symbol el family crest thing comes from donner. Lois naming clark superman comes from most modern takes. Man of steel title is similar to byrne reboot. Death Jonathan happens but in non donner purely original manner. Clark travelling the world comes from both postcrisis and birthright
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-22-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Which means there was one single issue of Action and Superman out on the stands when filming began. The odds of the New52 influencing the film seem pretty ridiculously low to me.
    Not even one. New52 started in September. 🤣

Honestly? If the movie had been inspired by the t-shirt and jeans Superman of Morrison's Action run.....the film probably would've been better.
    But with the same complaints from the critics: Too edgy. It's not Chris Reeve!!! 😜

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

And there isn't much of the New 52 guy in BvS either. That one was too busy cramming TDKR and DOS into one story to touch on much of anything else.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I have mentioned it earlier pages.

These are influences i could find in zack's movies. The priest is from for tomorrow. Line during flight is from allstar superman. Clark being superpowered as kid comes from earthone and donner which is from older takes. Zod plotline comes from donner. The gravity thingys come from earth one and it causing clark damage comes from it as well. The bad guys trying to destroy earth with it is also from that. Kelex, many kryptonIan aspects such as birthing matrix, artificial births, dystopian society.. Etc come from post crisis. Killing of zod comes from post crisis.Hope symbol el family crest thing comes from donner. Lois naming clark superman comes from most modern takes. Man of steel title is similar to byrne reboot. Death Jonathan happens but in non donner purely original manner. Clark travelling the world comes from both postcrisis and birthright
    I think you forgot the influences from Secret Origins like this one below and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think you forgot the influences from Secret Origins like this one below and others.

Yeah! I forgot about that. There might be more.thanks

It still blows my mind at what a crappy job DC has done at capitalizing on the success of the WW movie. Where the hell is her video game? Just look at the new GoW and use that to build a new game. But no instead we’re getting another freaking Batman game. Sometimes I just want to scream.

It's not up to DC to decide which character get a game, it's up the gaming company to choose which character they want and they want Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It's not up to DC to decide which character get a game, it's up the gaming company to choose which character they want and they want Batman.
    We need a new Batembargo then.

It's not. It's a weird fusion of post-Crisis and pre-Crisis. And those pre-Crisis elements, which are honestly a little fuzzy around the edges and harder to focus on for the most part, and probably why so many people think the New52 had such heavy influence on the book, since Morrison's run had so much pre-Crisis in its makeup.

But really, look at the timeline. MoS hit in mi-2013, and I forget the details but would've been filming and in production for at least a year prior to that (mid 2012) and the script and pre-production would've started before that. Work on MoS likely began before the first issues of the New52 were out. I very much doubt those comics had any significant impact on the film. Just a guess of course, if there's interviews where Zack Snyder talks about Morrison's Action being an influence I'm not aware of them.

Not even worth arguing about man. Like I've said in the past, people have a very firm idea of who and what Superman should be, even if their opinions aren't really supported by the history or the stuff that's in the page, even if they're just tunnel visioned on one single, narrow era. And even fewer people have a care for the journey that got us here, even though those early Superman comics are the entire reason we're discussing superheroes in the first place. That's the crisis Clark faces; so many people are so accustomed to the way DC has handled him in the last two-three decades, they refuse to accept any other idea....even though the way DC has handled him for the last two-three decades is largely why the character's popularity has fallen off. If the goal is to make Superman truly matter again, they need to get out of the mindset they've been in, and drag the fans along kicking and screaming. And that's no easy task for any business, much less a failing industry like this one, with people who have such a firm (if uninformed) concept of *what* Superman *has* to be.
    Snyder didn’t take anything from New 52, in fact he mocked it: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...again.amp.html
    When they try to dress him up,” Mr. Snyder said here a few weeks ago, “put him in jeans and a T-shirt or a leather jacket with an S on it, I go: ‘What? Guys, it’s O.K. It’s Superman. He’s the king daddy. You should all be bowing down to him.'
    Snyder took from Johns Secret Origin, Waid Birthright, and JMS Earth One for MoS and DoS/Injustice for BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It still blows my mind at what a crappy job DC has done at capitalizing on the success of the WW movie. Where the hell is her video game? Just look at the new GoW and use that to build a new game. But no instead we’re getting another freaking Batman game. Sometimes I just want to scream.
    I'm excited for the possibility of a new Arkham game (the king is back baby) but I also think there were rumors WB Montreal were also developing a Wonder Woman game as well.

And we still have no idea what Rocksteady is doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Snyder didn’t take anything from New 52, in fact he mocked it: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...again.amp.html

Snyder took from Johns Secret Origin, Waid Birthright, and JMS Earth One for MoS and DoS/Injustice for BvS.
    LOL. Morrison could write a better Superman than Snyder if he was bound and gagged underwater.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    LOL. Morrison could write a better Superman than Snyder if he was bound and gagged underwater.
    Morrison could write a better Superman than anyone, even if he were bound and gagged underwater. Dude is the king of modern Super-writers to the point there's not even any competition.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm excited for the possibility of a new Arkham game (the king is back baby) but I also think there were rumors WB Montreal were also developing a Wonder Woman game as well.

And we still have no idea what Rocksteady is doing...
    Haha well I’m happy for you man. Arkham Knight was it for me. Far as I know WBM was never making a WW game. They were at various points making a Damian Batman game, a Suicide Squad game, and a Superman game but they scrapped each one. Rocksteady is making a GAAS DC game from what I hear.

Like people wouldn't be crying for Snyder's blood if he put Superman in a jacket and jeans.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was talking about Smallville not Morrison's run in that interview.

Last edited by Agent Z; 09-23-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Like people wouldn't be crying for Snyder's blood if he put Superman in a jacket and jeans.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was talking about Smallville not Morrison's run in that interview.

I think what zack means is he is not ashamed of the strongman suit clark wears. He respects the s.