Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Some people seem to like bragging about the successful movies Superman and Wonder Woman have been in and talk about trinities, but now that I think about it, I never really see people talk about the interesting and compelling storylines they’ve been in in their comics, at least not on the same level I’ve seen with Batman, who has had storylines I see talked about time and time again, even old storylines that go back as far as the 80s.

So sure, as recognizable as Superman and Wonder Woman are, when it comes to storylines and writers wanting to choose characters they feel they can do the most with, then I don’t blame them for caring about Batman over Superman and Wonder Woman in those respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Some people seem to like bragging about the successful movies Superman and Wonder Woman have been in and talk about trinities, but now that I think about it, I never really see people talk about the interesting and compelling storylines they’ve been in in their comics, at least not on the same level I’ve seen with Batman, who has had storylines I see talked about time and time again, even old storylines that go back as far as the 80s.

So sure, as recognizable as Superman and Wonder Woman are, when it comes to storylines and writers wanting to choose characters they feel they can do the most with, then I don’t blame them for caring about Batman over Superman and Wonder Woman in those respects.
    People talk about good Wonder Woman and Superman stories all the time. And how will they know how many good stories they can do with Superman and Wonder Woman (or anyone else) when they don't get used as often as Batman in adaptations?

The Hiketeia is a great Wonder Woman story that touches on themes even most "dark" Batman stories avoid but we won't see it if the suits refuse to see any value in a WW led story. And is Superman's case, most adaptations are either variations of his origin, his death or some original idea that doesn't get executed well.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-13-2019 at 09:09 AM.

I don’t see what’s wrong with building around Batman. When I think DC, I think Batman. I do think it’s good for other characters to receive more attention. Aquaman is hot now & should really get a push. I get Superman is their oldest character but he doesn’t need to be he focus. Fantastic Four was a big comic I guess years ago but they’re not particularly relevant today. DC needs to focus on what works. Put the focus on Batman, Harley, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, & Shazam. Obviously they can add in some other characters but it doesn’t have to be Superman. It definitely doesn’t need to be Hal Jordan Lantern. I’m hoping this 5g thing really shakes things up and some new characters really stand out.

The one interpretation of Superman I LOVED was MOS but it didn’t connect with a wide enough audience. That’s the character for me though. I can’t stand the old 70’s movies. I recognize their importance but to me they’re horrid. Superman definitely needs a fresh interpretation but if MOS didn’t work, don’t push the character so much. Maybe like the Hulk he works better in small doses.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    People talk about good Wonder Woman and Superman stories all the time. And how will they know how many good stories they can do with Superman and Wonder Woman (or anyone else) when they don't get used as often as Batman in adaptations?

The Hiketeia is a great Wonder Woman story that touches on themes even most "dark" Batman stories avoid but we won't see it if the suits refuse to see any value in a WW led story. And is Superman's case, most adaptations are either variations of his origin, his death or some original idea that doesn't get executed well.
    Fair enough perspective as well. lol