Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I’d have to agree. But when did story happen? I read all the S-titles from ‘85 through to 2001 and sure don’t remember that story line.
    Action Comics #719 by David Michelinie.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Just to clarify: I did say PURELY supporting characters, i.e. characters that were created solely to enhance another more prominent character AND whom have not been able to successfully establish a presence outside said prominent character.

STAR TREK, like STAR WARS, is an ensemble piece, with no true main character. Spock is at least equal to Kirk, and definitely exists beyond him. Dick Grayson stopped being a purely supporting character once the Teen Titans became a franchise. And Joker just proved he doesn't need Batman to successfully anchor a big story.

I stand by my assessment: Lois is Top 2, Selina is Top 20, and Steve is probably not even Top 200.
    Catwoman had her own movie in 2004. I know it sucked and all, but it was greenlit for a reason.

Being at the top of this list of yours is almost like being the basketball NIT champs. It's like if a character gets too popular, it gets ruled ineligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Lois isn't the one being badly mischaracterized in that story.
    I'd disagree. Everyone was in that story. The mischaracterization of Lois was starting well before then actually with finding ways to make her cranky to facilitate the upcoming break up. So it was more a cumulative effect thing rather than just the events of that particular issue. Like I said before, in different circumstances the shock and hurt would've been something interesting to explore. But for the entire break up scenario they chose a situation of making Lois look bad and Clark look weak to do it. It was just not a good few months from the perspective of their relationship situation. I know it wasn't totally their fault, they had to keep drawing things out because of the tv show, but in the end I think it could have been handled a lot better overall.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-20-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd disagree. Everyone was in that story. The mischaracterization of Lois was starting well before then actually with finding ways to make her cranky to facilitate the upcoming break up. So it was more a cumulative effect thing rather than just the events of that particular issue. Like I said before, in different circumstances the shock and hurt would've been something interesting to explore. But for the entire break up scenario they chose a situation of making Lois look bad and Clark look weak to do it. It was just not a good few months from the perspective of their relationship situation. I know it wasn't totally their fault, they had to keep drawing things out because of the tv show, but in the end I think it could have been handled a lot better overall.
    Regardless of what Lois was acting like prior to that story, it doesn't change the fact that Clark was willing to let her die to maintain his no-killing rule. Anyone would have been angry about that especially if they were being traded for a scum bag like the Joker to live.