Page 9 of 161 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Do you want to know the real difference between them and us?

Until Now, we here never given a chance.

These words should be written in stone.
    I know some will never accept this side of the X-men that seems to give up on the dream but the truth is that no matter how beautiful a dream is, it is not possible to escape reality .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I loved everything about this. Out there and crazy, but so damn good. Death was pointless before in comics, and Hickman just gave a pretty solid reason as to why Mutants can avoid that fate.

Also, really liked that "Only me there ever was." comment Jean made. Nice reference to Inferno I believe when Jean said that to Ororo after meeting up again.
    Oh snap good catch! The hug was even reminiscent except in that scene they were in the air! 10 stars. I also loved her moment with Scott. Some of us were just having a convo about their closeness. I feel like Hickman was like yes, they are close. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm most interested in which mutants will be the dissenters. In anything there will always be at least one person not with the program. I hope it's not one of the villains who just arrived as that would be predictable and boring.
    Same! The fact that everyone is a "yes man" so far is turning me off.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it. But i think based on this issue it will come up in a way that paint's Madelyne as some sort of abomination. They went out of their way to say they are avoiding duplicates for a reason and Jean's line about being the only one that ever was. Madelyne will be seen as a clone imo and for that in mutant culture she will not be seen in a good light.
    Yeah, that line was not innocent at all. A failed duplicated without a soul that was promised one by demons. It needs a bit of polishing and retconning, but I can see it. Even more if Limbo is going to be tied to the other half of Krakoa.

Also confirms that the "pod people" are indeed the "best possible versions" of themselves. This explains Jean in Marvel Girl garb (pre Phoenix) and her behavior.

And yes, I love that Hickman has built in a stopgap of "deaths are meaningless now" because it requires the "5" to be present. You better believe this won't last long.

Selene?? ,............

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm most interested in which mutants will be the dissenters. In anything there will always be at least one person not with the program. I hope it's not one of the villains who just arrived as that would be predictable and boring.
    But you do know. They have a title. That is the premise of Fallen Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Omg lmao
    No you didnt 🤣
    No they didn't. lol And their little cheap territories. Storm need to let the orisha run free.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'm really not okay with the all the X-Men being cloned versions of themselves, if the originals all died. I'm hoping the original versions are still safe somewhere and it's only the clones that are dying. And I know, we technically have a few clones already - in essence, Professor X is a clone as his original body died when being taken over by the Brood. Psylocke is...complicated. Not her original body. just looks like her original body. Sort of a clone. I recognized that many X-Men have died to be resurrected - are Cyclops and Jean being resurrected could sort of be considered cloned DNA of their original DNA, just housing the original skeletal structure of their body. I'd almost say Wolverine as well but his healing factor throws a kink into that. So yes, I'm fine with a few clones. But I don't want everyone to be a clone.

The other thing that strikes me weirdly...all the villains are coming to Krakoa. You can't tell me there are not SOME villains that would be against this. I can't believe for instance that Selene would be welcomed. Apocalypse and Sinister, I still expect a twist there even though I know Apocalypse is in Excalibur. Maybe his speech was truth. But even if Sinister was involved in the DNA collection as heavily implied if not flat out spelled out, I still expect him to be shifty.

It was still a good book, but I'm seeing some chinks in the armor now and some things that just don't sit perfectly with me.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well one thing's for sure, them letting Emplate stay there is a huge WTF when he's a mutant vampire who HAS to feed on mutants to live. Interesting to see how they're gonna get around that.

I can't see any of the villains being an issue. They never were before. lol Outside of Sinister & Apocalypse. They would be the one to screw things up. Eventually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I loved everything about this. Out there and crazy, but so damn good. Death was pointless before in comics, and Hickman just gave a pretty solid reason as to why Mutants can avoid that fate.

Also, really liked that "Only me that ever was." comment Jean made. Nice reference to Inferno I believe when Jean said that to Ororo after meeting up again.
    "But hickman doesn't like jean"

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yeah, that line was not innocent at all. A failed duplicated without a soul that was promised one by demons. It needs a bit of polishing and retconning, but I can see it. Even more if Limbo is going to be tied to the other half of Krakoa.
    Exactly and it cleans MAdelyne up in a lot of ways and explains things. What can you expect from a souless copy running around. And it works there was always a part of madelyne that was detached and her only real emotion seemed to surface in her desires, be they good or bad. It would make sense she would want a soul of her own and would do anything to get it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

i get the feeling that what is really going on here is that Marvel had plans for the Inhumans. but the Inhumans proved to be unpopular. so instead of trying to supplant mutants with Inhumans, they are making the mutants more like the Inhumans. normally, i would be very much against this. but Hickman's a competent "big idea" guy. so i'll give him the chance to tell his story without too much prejudgment.

Mimic gets a new body and is team mutant, this would be the nice way to turn him into a version of exiles Mimic.