Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
Actually, I think some posters believe it's impossible for a clone to have a soul. I disagree, a clone is born with the spark of life and thus a soul. The Cuckoos, Nate Grey, Laura, Ben Reilly, Kaine, they all have souls.

The issue with Madelyne Pryor is that Sinister was trying to duplicate the essence of Jean's power and was having no luck with that. I suspect he was trying to duplicate the connection to the Phoenix force when he created Madelyne and she did get a shard of the Phoenix Force when it sent a portion of itself to cocoon Jean which split and a part went to Madelyne, and the core force then bonded with Rachel.

I think Madelyne has a soul too, it's just that Sinister wanted to accomplish more than just creating a clone, he wanted her to have Jean's connection to the cosmic Phoenix force too and that was the part he was having trouble creating.
Not at all. The point is that Krakoan society might frown upon clones of living people. At this point only ethics stop them from creating batch after batch of Wolverines and use them as cannon fodder.