Page 73 of 161 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2405

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean sure but you also don't shoot lasers from your eyes, control the weather, or have blue skin and shapeshift. Those fundamental differences make the chasm between those sister branches even wider, yes they're biologically similar, but this book is about mutants creating their own culture and society away from the constant threat of humanity.

"Do you want to know the real difference between them and us? Until now, we were never given a chance."
    Their powers are specific traits to them, it doesn't detract them from being humans. There are various branches of humanity in 616, if the mutants want to consider themselves as non-human beings, they can, absolutely. That doesn't make it biologically true though.
    I don't see what culture and society have anything to do with what is biological in nature. Sapiens and mutants are two sides of the same coin that is humanity. It's that simple.

It's akin to you saying Neenderthals weren't humans, but Sapiens were. No. They were both humans, each kind with specific traits, that's the exact same thing with Sapiens and Mutants.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 09-19-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

I don't know why people are trying to make it seem like Xavier wants to take over the world. It's outlined pretty well that the future security and sovereignty of Krakoa is reliant on the diplomatic relations with the human governments as well as their ability to produce the drugs that the humans want.
    Well we know the ultimately that is the plan. Every timeline has always been about mutants being wiped out, so logically the only way mutants will be safe is if there are no humans.

With that said, with the statement from that Orchis member about the extent of Xavier's plan as well as Xavier's reply to Emma's comment (about wanting a province) about his plan being bolder, implies much more going on than just the island and some diplomacy. Plus, everything is just too intentionally sketchy for there not to be more going on.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Xavier just welcomed the likes of Apocalypse, Selene and Emplate with open arms, there's no way Sabertooth is sitting in a prison on that island while this happen. He was even giddy being able to go away from this court with Frost because he knew perfectly well I wouldn't be punished for anything on Krakoa, he was on a "mission", wasn't he?
    He was on a mission, but he screwed up that mission & they had to run for their lives or risk capture by the FF. He probably is in some kind of jail. I don't think it's coincidental that he was nowhere to be seen in this issue despite everyone else showing up.

I think fans are taking him more seriously than Hickman is. His part was to show some of the new laws of Krakoa & divide among mutants & humans.

He probably is locked up someplace so nobody has to be bothered with him, and now he's done. He did his part (badly) and they're keeping him stashed away unless they get desperate. lol

As for Orchis, they are a rogue organisation, they and their plans needed to go.
    Doesn't mean no one should use Sentinels from now on. They are needed as deterrent to mutants going rogue, especially with the anti-sapien/ pro-mutant zealotry that seems to be developping on Krakoa.
    Their A.I. goes rogue? Again, Skynet cliché. Stark can create an A.I. while he sleeps, so can dozens of people in 616. The A.I. can be removed and the Sentinel made a drone to be piloted by an individual instead, we know it's a thing too... The A.I. become Skynet is a false issue.
    Even as an hypothetical, intellectual exercise, my point stands: sapiens needs to be able to protect themselves against rogue mutants, because there is bound to be rogue mutants in that crowd of Kraked if I dare say, the same way mutants will need to be able to defend their land now against rogue sapiens or invaders in general. Fair is fair.
    The difference is, mutants don't seem to be going out of their way to attack humans. Magneto even said they only want a portion of the world for themselves and humans can have the rest. But the humans have a problem with that. For now, it seems mutants want their own land away from being hunted by humans who have killed plenty of mutants themselves in petty hate-crime. We can't forget Rahne getting beaten to death by frat kids when they saw her true form and she was trying to run while telling them to leave her alone.

And their more dangerous beings are on the island, away from humanity. So it seems they did humanity a favor there.

Now some wanna bring up "but Creed killed two guards." Everyone. was doing a job there. They had an infiltration mission to steal info and the guards had a mission to stop intruders. When the guards came after them, Creed dealt with them. Sadly in a fight someone always has to lose. And in this case, it was the guards. But mutants have lost plenty before. It's not like Creed was killing mothers & children on the street. Again, he did screw up because it was apparently him causing a ruckus that they got caught. So I imagine he probably is facing some kind of punishment from Xavier for being extra & making the mission more complicated & Messy than what was needed.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-19-2019 at 06:43 AM.

Perfect time to bring Tarot and Wallflower

Fantastic Member

Anyone translate the pages for the next issues?

Life 4 wasn't our 616 as evidenced by Moira and Xavier being married and no Proteus being born. From everything we've seen of Life 10 it lines up with our 616.
    How predictable

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Also, how many times do I have to say the whole Sentinel AI go rogues like Skynet is blown out of proportion? You can remove the AI component from the Sentinels and make them drones. Done. Where is that issue now? Nowhere. They can even have pilots like the old O.N.E.'s units. Again, that A.I. thing is a non-issue.

The same amount of times people have to tell you that "mutant threat" is blown out of proportion. X-men has proven over and over that it can police mutants and OH yeah also save the world as well. Once again you are missing the point of treating a group of people of like threat and individuals like a threat. The real-world equivalent is the US calling all Muslims and people of middle eastern descent a threat and putting countermeasures for them. That doesn't happen you treat Isis and Osma bin laden threats and have a contingency for them. There is no extra program need for mutants because every mutant like a superhuman is not a threat. Marvel by your admission has multiple groups to deal with superhumans. Targets "mutants" and not people who bad stuff is racist. Mutants aren't an innate threat to the survival of humans. You just punish the bad one the same way you punish other superhuman threats which establish by you they are plenty.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-19-2019 at 07:00 AM.

Can Xavier use this resurrection procedure for humans?

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Anyone translate the pages for the next issues?
    "For the children" and " I am not ashamed of who i am"

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Can Xavier use this resurrection procedure for humans?
    I think he can, but won't.

Does anyone else think they should have put some clothes on? I'm not a prude, but it was just weird for them to be naked the whole time. Put a robe on them, for Chrissake..
    Last edited by stwaz; 09-19-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Does anyone else thing they should have put some clothes on? I'm not a prude, but it was just weird for them to be naked the whole time. Put a robe on them, for Chrissake..
    Exactly! Being paraded around in the nude and not even a hint of anyone getting them a towel at the very least to wipe all the goop off.

Does anyone else thing they should have put some clothes on? I'm not a prude, but it was just weird for them to be naked the whole time. Put a robe on them, for Chrissake..
    The perversion is the most heinous thing. I understand that most of them are cynical, but why has Kurt abandoned the Lord?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well given Hickman's mention of orgies, JDW saying he's gonna redefine what X-Men style love is, and that Scott shouldn't need to chose between Jean & Emma, the X-Men have entered the age of free love.

Astonishing Member

Mutants shouldn't wear human clothes...