Page 88 of 161 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2405

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You know as I looked back on the issue's final panels where Xavier's guests arrive and we see the Marauders, Acolytes, Hellfire Club, Externals, Morlocks and so forth I am suddenly hit with a question? They got all these baddies but where is Cassandra Nova? I don't ask because she deserves to be there but because she sets out to destroy anything Xavier creates so where is she in all this?
    I think she isn't even mutant

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I don't think this is what's happening.

I think *you* have Fear of a Mutant Planet, though!
    We are supposed to be scared of that, don’t you think? This issue plays to those fears and seductions.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    So Krakoa is basically Israel?

There's a very similar ideology at work.
    There are very deliberate and specific elements that support such a reading. We have the nation building, the open invitation and the UN recognition. However I don’t believe this is supposed to be a direct analogy of any specific nation. Israel, like any nation contains multiple views about itself. We can see this right now in the news.

Krakoa seems to have a single viewpoint right now.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

So, I finally read the masterpiece and LOVED every part of it.

One of the strongest strength of the comics is giving every character a different voice. Wether you like it or not. I can actually hear individual voices every time I read a speech bubble.
    And they ring true. There have been intense character development behind the scene.

I love with all my heart this Cyclops. He encompasses every aspect we had from Scott since his inception. A great leader, with fragility and insecurities, always learning and evolving, a good soldier ready to die for his cause and who can stand eyes to eye (pardon the pun) with the Fantastic Four.

Storm is I think one of the only X-men who hasn't been dead or believed dead for an extended period of time(I don't count the outback era since at that time she died ten minutes and came back).
    She's seen M-Day, Genosha, the death of Nightcrawler, Kitty, Colossus, Wolverine, Angel, Banshee, Thunderbird, Psylocke, Longshot, Cyclops, Jean, Bishop, Charles, Dazzler, Polaris, Havok, Sunfire, Magneto, Beast... and we're not talking about every group or every recent X-men. I think Iceman is the only she hasn't think dead at one point.
    Storm is also very immerged in spirituality since the beginning. She often spoots a "Godess" here and there. She was also very enthusiastic and passionate until the 00's where X-men characters started to lose their personnality and to be just generic heroes.
    She was surprising but not that out of characters considering what she's been through and what we know of her.

I loved also how they created a plot device (resurreXions) but also limited it so hard that it can"t be a deus ex machina for long. But loved it and love they are bringing back so many great characters and give us a lighter and softer mood.

Hickman so far doesn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    So, I finally read the masterpiece and LOVED every part of it.

One of the strongest strength of the comics is giving every character a different voice. Wether you like it or not. I can actually hear individual voices every time I read a speech bubble.
    And they ring true. There have been intense character development behind the scene.
    I think this is a well made and key point. As I said early on, it feels like something has happened. Something big that has made everyone act in a radical manner. We now know that the thing that has happened is partly Moira, but we don’t quite know the full shape of that thing. We are seeing people acting after the fact. We are seeing the results of a reactionary choice but we haven’t got a complete handle on what is being reacted against.

There’s an important part missing. Just as there is a timeline missing from Moira’s life. Just as Moira herself is missing from current events. What makes this necessary? Is it about mutant survival at any cost? That seems unlikely. This is probably a transitional stage. A reactionary stage. Again, a possible Golden Path stage. This may be a geopolitical stance for the sake of something else. A hidden agenda still.

Moira suggests in her ‘it’s not a dream if it’s real’ that coexistence is the endgame, but what we are seeing doesn’t look like coexistence because it has formed into a Cold War. We are missing a piece of the puzzle.

Coexistence with people that will eventually turn on you is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I think this is a well made and key point. As I said early on, it feels like something has happened. Something big that has made everyone act in a radical manner. We now know that the thing that has happened is partly Moira, but we don’t quite know the full shape of that thing. We are seeing people acting after the fact. We are seeing the results of a reactionary choice but we haven’t got a complete handle on what is being reacted against.

There’s an important part missing. Just as there is a timeline missing from Moira’s life. Just as Moira herself is missing from current events. What makes this necessary? Is it about mutant survival at any cost? That seems unlikely. This is probably a transitional stage. A reactionary stage. Again, a possible Golden Path stage. This may be a geopolitical stance for the sake of something else. A hidden agenda still.

Moira suggests in her ‘it’s not a dream if it’s real’ that coexistence is the endgame, but what we are seeing doesn’t look like coexistence because it has formed into a Cold War. We are missing a piece of the puzzle.
    What I love is that, it's subtle. it's not like Revolution or One Year Later where there was a lot of In your face changes. Here, the characters seem a bit off.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    So the "human reservation" future is the only optimum outcome?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    So the "human reservation" future is the only optimum outcome?

I'm just confused as to how having your own country where your safe isn't coexisting especially when your trading with the rest of the world. I guess every country needs to open their borders and fire all immigration agents right now so we can all coexist because right now something is missing. Why can't I see and touch Russia nukes. Why isn't America just letting everybody in. Why aren't we coexisting.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Amazing Member

88 pages of comments and most seem to be “THIS IS FINE”.

”Xavier” hides his face, the man that destroyed Angels and Scott’s life to some extent and is a known genocidal maniac “joins” the X-men, The X in Xmen now stands for Xerox. We now have boy scout Scott and teen Jean back and everyone else acts like an exaggerated caricature of themselves . But yeah. Morrison went too far but THIS IS FINE?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think she isn't even mutant
    This is my big question and probably why she would never be allowed there. This isn't about just being a mutant, like Danger and Broo, but about having the X-gene. It doesn't matter if you're some sort of "mutant," what matters if the X-gene. If you don't have it, you will never learn the island's language and you will simply never be a full citizen.

Does no one else find that disturbing?
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    So they invite Apocalypse and all his crazy friends to coexist with them! Why do these awful people get a pass, but no proven human ally does?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is my big question and probably why she would never be allowed there. This isn't about just being a mutant, like Danger and Broo, but about having the X-gene. It doesn't matter if you're some sort of "mutant," what matters if the X-gene. If you don't have it, you will never learn the island's language and you will simply never be a full citizen.

So they invite Apocalypse and all his crazy friends to coexist with them! Why do these awful people get a pass, but no proven human ally does?

There's a image of jubilee with shogo walking through a portal so we know atleast one human gets a pass. But then we haven't even gotten any real story yet in this world so most are just assuming the worst before anything gets to happen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    88 pages of comments and most seem to be “THIS IS FINE”.

”Xavier” hides his face, the man that destroyed Angels and Scott’s life to some extent and is a known genocidal maniac “joins” the X-men, The X in Xmen now stands for Xerox. We now have boy scout Scott and teen Jean back and everyone else acts like an exaggerated caricature of themselves . But yeah. Morrison went too far but THIS IS FINE?
    Oh, it’s creepy as ****. But I’m willing to see how it plays out.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

Krakoa is for mutants and mutants only.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There's a image of jubilee with shogo walking through a portal so we know atleast one human gets a pass. But then we haven't even gotten any real story yet in this world so most are just assuming the worst before anything gets to happen.
    A human baby-even Magneto tends to not hate those-a d his mother is one of the premier X-men. Would someone else get that chance?