Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
Lol dude I had to re read it as well to confirm. I’m spending way too much time on this series. HOX and POX is life at this point lol.

The open invitation from Xavier just screams of desperation. I guess Moira wasn’t kidding when she said “break all the rules”. There has to be something more to this though. Unless Xavier plans to mindcontrol some of them 24/7 there’s no way these villains realistically fall in line. This is a terrible idea but at this stage with so many attempts through Moira failing over and over....I guess you’re pretty much out of options.
You could say that having all those villains in a single place is an advantage for mutants in general. Xavier knows where they all are, for starters. It also prevents humans from getting some kind of leverage on Krakoan mutants. Do we know, for example, that Wolverine would sit idly if Daken was being tortured to gather information on Krakoa and Xavier? Are we sure people like Cyclops, Storm and Jean would accept knowing any of their enemies are being hurt to gain intel on them? The X-Men are, for what we know, still super-heroes and would fight for their peers if they were going under inhumane treatment. So, that's another thing to gain from gathering the villains. And, while people like Selene and Emplate might be hard to keep a leash on, I think Xavier has contingencies in place.

Of course, Sinister will find a way to disrupt everything LMAO But you can make up solid reasoning for Xavier's choices, even if the narrative demands that it ends badly.