Page 27 of 161 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    This will all go upside down when it’s revealed Mystique planted a Krakoan flower in the Orchis Forge Habitat, thus establishing a network link between Mother Mold and Krakoa’s ability to locate / catalog / sustain mutants. Perhaps that is her leverage for getting Destiny back.
    Yes! I like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Wouldn't Charles already know that? Benefits of scanning the minds of all your people is that you know when someone's planning to betray you.
    One would think. But then again he seems to be resurrecting Cyclops w/his childhood brain injury in tact. That, and Mystique had to be warned before the mission’s take-off. Then got turned around on her way to the habitat (of all places to send her after warning her not to take flowers with her). Suspension of disbelief aside, all calls into question some judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's not a mutant in current continuity
    Wait, so they're still going with that "retcon" form Axis? Wack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Just gonna put this here.
    Attachment 87223
    Logan's ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I thought they went crazy because of the Hivemind, not because of their X-genes.
    Found it. They went crazy because their hivemind was defective. The flaw was planted by Sinister. Also found that chimeras do not have the full powers of their donors, so I do not know if a Chimera with both Hope and Proteus (and the rest) would be able to do what they do. But the idea is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Just gonna put this here.
    Attachment 87223

So... with this resurrection Warren is no longer Archangel?

Incredible Member

I was thoroughly entranced from cover to cover.
    The tease of pod people in the first issue, and now with this issue it fleshes it out even more. I feel that Hope has been a pointless character after her initial reveal, but this is a great use of her.

This issue had the first half being all hope and optimism for the future, followed by the second half more ominous tidings with the welcoming of the villains. It is kind of a meta-commentary on fearing immigration and reverse gentrification (not a perfect argument, as these truly are villains who have done heinous deeds). But, if Xavier is building something new for all mutants, then it needs to involve all mutants. I wonder if Moira's past lives have shown big failures if some of these villains aren't involved.

Although the 'pod people' idea could potentially result in writing oneself into a corner, since death is no longer a conflict one has to worry about, Hickman has already sowed the seeds for future conflicts. Sinister has been shown to be a saboteur (in Powers of X). Apocalypse has a cozy relationship with Krakoa that can alter the power dynamics quickly. We also now have to worry about the mechanism of resurrection now (the five - if any or a lot of them get killed or disabled, is there enough redundancies in place to keep that going? Aside from potentially Mimic).

This issue was very dense in texts, which I personally don't mind at all but could see others not enjoying it, as 'show not tell' is usually better.

Isn't it transformative now? He can will himself Arch-status, yes? That is his "optimal" existence.

He has metal wings, so yeah he is still Archangel

ETA: I guess we'll have to wait and see what Hickman does bc pre-Hox, the status quo was that regular Warren had white skin and feathered wings but could transform into Archangel with blue skin and metal wings. In this issue, he had white skin with metal wings. Whats unclear is if there is a transformation ability or if this is his new status quo
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-18-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Hickman is at the point now where this series is basically going to split people right down the middle. If this is the new status quo for the Xmen I could see why people would have a problem. Personally I’m loving the series and it’s one of the best things I’ve read in a long time but I have to admit “my x-men” are acting a bit too cult like at the moment. I feel a bit too detached from
    These characters knowing that they’ve basically just died over and over and in a sense carbon copies of them are being continuously remade. Hopefully Hickman has a few more tricks up his sleeves because at the moment this development kind of just makes the X-men appear as mindless pawns for Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Logan's ass...
    I'm a human attracted to mutants and I want on the island, what can I say.
    Discreet H4M.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Hickman is at the point now where this series is basically going to split people right down the middle. If this is the new status quo for the Xmen I could see why people would have a problem. Personally I’m loving the series and it’s one of the best things I’ve read in a long time but I have to admit “my x-men” are acting a bit too cult like at the moment. I feel a bit too detached from
    These characters knowing that they’ve basically just died over and over and in a sense carbon copies of them are being continuously remade. Hopefully Hickman has a few more tricks up his sleeves because at the moment this development kind of just makes the X-men appear as mindless pawns for Xavier.
    I hear ya. I’m rationalizing these aren’t the c-word. They are basically all mutants with an extreme healing factor; being regenerated from their DNA, kind of like Wolverine, but through the use of “teamwork.”

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

the dna used to clone him is archangel dna so he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Isn't it transformative now? He can will himself Arch-status, yes? That is his "optimal" existence.

I’ve lost track. I thought Psylocke had to reach in and induce that form, and he hated her for it. The wings in that panel look like feathers, not metal. You may be right. Maybe Hickman can reach a happy medium and return Angel to the O5’s resident impulsive / ego-driven / hothead without Apocalypse’s tinkering.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 09-18-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Am I the only person with the “I absolutely love this series but can’t recommend it” mentality? I mean the more I read, the more I find it harder to recommend it to any casual superhero fans. It’s a very heavy series that was supposed to be a jumping on point for “new readers” but I could easily see people just being completely overwhelmed by everything going on especially the recent developments in this issue with the X-men being reborn.