Page 96 of 161 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2405
    Astonishing Member

I love the turmoil Hickman has thrown this X-Board into lol really reminds me of his New Avenger days. This is the most lively the board has been in years. And this is just beginning of his run lol

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love the turmoil Hickman has thrown this X-Board into lol really reminds me of his New Avenger days. This is the most lively the board has been in years. And this is just beginning of his run lol
    Oh you mean the political debate that the line has erupted on the forums?

Of course I am pro mutant myself, "Long Live Krakoa, home of the mutants!!"

I get the other side though, I think we are supposed to question everyone's motives. Are the mutants going to go too far building their nation, are they going to push some people too far in their push for world wide recognition. Probably!

At the same time do they have a right to try and build this nation after all the genocide they have experienced as a race? Most definitely, human governments of the Earth and the United Nations have all been complicit in the genocide of the mutant race. Even the United Nations supported the distribution of "The Cure", and not just to the select mutants who want to get rid of their physical deforming powers, they wanted to administer that cure to every single mutant on the planet and prevent any further mutants from being born. They intended to vaccinate every human on the planet to prevent any more mutants from being born. Now we can get into lots of debates here too about how stupid that is for the human race, that is a one way ticket to genetic oblivion because you are literally stalling the evolution of the human species from progressing forward. Mutants are an evolutionary progressive step forward and eventually the variety of power sets will probably stabilize into the ones that are most beneficial for the overall survivability of the human race.

There are lots of humans that did side with the mutants, but those people are not the majority, the majority of the human race sought to oppress mutants at every opportunity. Some humans desire only to enslave mutants and to profit from their powers at their expense.

I think we are supposed to see the nation building of the mutants as potentially inspiring but also frightening because there are so many ways that this can go wrong. You already have some differing opinions among the mutants themselves about interacting with the humans of the world. The mutants are becoming more alien because with their embrace of their own culture and language they differentiate themselves from the humans even more.

I am looking forward to seeing where it will go. There will be disagreements and contention even among the mutants. The Hellfire Club will have factions, Emma who is pretty much all in on being pro-Krakoa, and then there is Shaw who probably feels like his profit margins are being threatened because he isn't free to deal with the humans the way he wants, he has to adhere to Krakoan rules and regulations which pisses him off, so he is trying to undermine Emma's control of the Hellfire Club so he can control the trade of the mutant pharmaceuticals himself. Shaw would probably like nothing better than to kill Emma outright, but he has to be super careful because if he goes too far he'll be imprisoned by the Krakoan government.

Sinister is going to run his own game in the upcoming books and I don't even to read it to know that Sinister will up to absolutely no good. Selene, she is already involved in a world wide clandestine organization and she may bring that to Krakoa, she may keep her alliance with the outside organization in Captain America and bring that to Krakoa herself.

So yeah, things are not going to be perfect, opening the doors to all mutants as a method of reparation and forgiveness is well and good, a lot of the villains will be 100% on board. I could see several of the Acolytes having no problem joining Krakoa as valued citizens because this is what they always wanted, a nation for mutants. Some of these villains like to profit at the expense of mutants, like Shaw and Selene, and they would both sell out their own children for money and power, let alone their race which they have sold out many times before.

So :

- I don't think it's legitimate to compare fictionnal countries from comics (Krakoa, Latveria, Wakanda) with real countries. You can compare situation much like when Genosha was an echo to apartheid, but not whole countries, things are too complex for that.
    And I'm afraid people will start saying North Krakoa all over the internet just for the pun !

- On the clones debate, I can't really understand why people take issue with this when there has been a lot of cloning, resurrecting and all which could make us doubt ur heroes are the real deal. Xavier, Jean, Maddy, X-man have officialy been cloned.
    Colossus came back from nowhere and was like, yeah,I'm back.
    The Outback X-men got resurrected by Roma, who is with her father expert at manipulating people on a multiversal scale.

Ben Reilly was so popular they brought him back !

We're not even talking of captain britain who might be an alternate version of himself or every X-(wo)man who has been with the exiles.

It's a fine way to bring back characters who have been assassinated (sometimes litterally) restore missing eyes lost nipples and all. And it opens lot of scenaristic possibilities on if they have been tampered with.

People have been very vocal on how they don't like the cult like vibe. To me, it feels real, it looks like a minority who doesn't have to bend the knee to an oppressor and who gets a feeling of empowerement.

I think it's a nice update of the 63' underlying theme and a modern take on how to live in a world which fears and hates us.

Everything else aside i just want to know what mutants do all day. Like a day in the life of Krakoa. Because when i was reading and going through the magneto/lorna scene i was like "omg they must be so bored." I was scanning for books and tv screens in the panels. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Everything else aside i just want to know what mutants do all day. Like a day in the life of Krakoa. Because when i was reading and going through the magneto/lorna scene i was like "omg they must be so bored." I was scanning for books and tv screens in the panels. lol
    I imagine the same thing they did on Utopia and Genosha. They should have a hero villain day. 1 hero is randomly paired up with 1 villain for the day in order to build trust and get to know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think she isn't even mutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is my big question and probably why she would never be allowed there. This isn't about just being a mutant, like Danger and Broo, but about having the X-gene. It doesn't matter if you're some sort of "mutant," what matters if the X-gene. If you don't have it, you will never learn the island's language and you will simply never be a full citizen.
    That wasn't even my question, my questions were where could she be and should she appear what will she do to mess everything up given what she is.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Selene can be reasoned with! She and all the others came with good intentions. One big happy family.

At the end of the day we know how it ends. Humans one way or another kill all mutants. That is more important then Selene's crimes. Best try to get along. AS long as the big fish are around the small and medium fish won't do anything stupid. Magneto, Xavier, Apocalypse, the X-men, and Krakoa itself will keep them in check. Besides some of these guys like Exodus and Sinister have know better than to cross their former masters.
    So we are ignoring Necrosha or the fact that she keeps her health by sucking the life out of people then? Or that Emplate does teh same thing and tortured his sisters? We are going to give them a pass because they scored on the gene lottery and get to sit at the adult table?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To me, that’s the biggest problem with the villains. I can’t imagine they’ll be able to contain their energy for long. Like a bunch of ADD kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I read the arguments and I can't help but visualize the division of opinions on how the X-Men are like THIS TIME as...
    Attachment 87322
    Yes, I just cropped this image from the memetic source, but this is how I feel now whenever I read the commentary on the Krakoan X-Men. My mind loves to exaggerate and I have to exert effort to tone it down.
    Well played, well played indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    So we are ignoring Necrosha or the fact that she keeps her health by sucking the life out of people then? Or that Emplate does teh same thing and tortured his sisters? We are going to give them a pass because they scored on the gene lottery and get to sit at the adult table?
    As with Proteus Selene and Emplate can be bartered with.

Selene won't die if she doesn't absorb people. She just looks old. However she has an unlimited supply of fertilised gold eggs to feed off in exchange for God-tier magic abilities, soul manipulation and necromancy which is a major asset to Krakoa as that is where the X-Men are weak.

Emplate has an infinite supply of mutant marrow from Marrow herself in exchange for whatever supernatural networks he has for transport and Intel. Again an asset to Krakoa.

Everyone has a purpose for the betterment of society.

Gorgon is problematic. He doesn't really add anything that can not be offered by the numerous Wolverine clones and the Hellfire Club. He has the God Killer sword I guess.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 09-20-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Fantastic Member

I am fascinating by how many cross burners are evidencing themselves in this thread. . This comic is what Civil War *wishes* it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I wonder how this will affect the Captain America title since Selene is causing trouble over there.
    Depends on whether or not she got her Diplomatic Immunity in time I guess, then they had not been "given" immunity yet before Frost and the girls from the corn stepped in saying he had DP so there is that i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    We will have to wait and see. The book ended moments after they arrived.

BANNED

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1175211308230283266

lmao they coming for Snoop's thigh fetish

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1175211308230283266

lmao they coming for Snoop's thigh fetish
    ...I wish he wasn't joking lol.