Page 126 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2405

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    You very much need to be missing a lot of the stuff happening in these comics to not get why people are saying these things and say the Xmen destroying a robot is the one thing they've done here.
    Okay so explain what else they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Yeah, deliberately posting signs in the native language is clearly offensive. Can you *believe* that Hong Kong often posts signs that *aren't English*!? The mind reels. How exclusionary. =)
    It's preposterous, right!?
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-22-2019 at 07:54 PM.

BANNED

The increasingly creepy cult like behavior, the granting of asylum to evil people, the weird ass superiority complex everyone seems to have now.
    There's no way to not see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Agreed!

For the record... Are you going to tell me that declaration won't be recognized as a direct threat?
    That textbook Magneto. Use fear as a form of deterrence to keep world governments from taking action.

The real question comes down how Krakoa interacts with the rest of the world. I can’t see some members of Krakoa not wanting a more shall we say proactive version of self defense then others.

The increasingly creepy cult like behavior, the granting of asylum to evil people, the weird ass superiority complex everyone seems to have now.
    There's no way to not see this.
    You say it's cultish, I say it's simply mutants finally expressing pride in who and what they are.

Would you rather the villains be out in the world running amok and tarnishing Korakoa's name in the eyes of the world? Not that Xavier and Magneto really care, but politics are politics. They'll handle their own like every other nation on the planet.

"Superiority complex" what do you mean Magneto calling himself a God? When has Magneto ever not seem himself as a god?

What else?

The increasingly creepy cult like behavior,
    A different culture that seems strange coming from your culture. if you went to the Amazon or Africa and lived with some tribes I am sure you will find some practices creepy or cultish.

the granting of asylum to evil people,
    Xavier taking ownership of mutant's "problem children" whose action often destroy the peace effort he has tried have with humans. How effective have the X-men been keeping peaceful relations with humans when they have run fighting other mutants doing dumb stuff. If Apocalypse does something wrong all mutants get the blame for it. So why not remove that problem?

the weird ass superiority complex everyone seems to have now.
    If some Mutants have a superior complex because they are superior , This is not a skin color thing. They can literally fight Gods and alter reality that is literally superior to what a normally human can do. But other Magneto and maybe Emma and Cuckoos who has shown a superiority complex. Now all joking aside Mutants are the future of humanity why wouldn't they be proud of it. If humans would treat them like that this wouldn't be an issue without mutants killing one human at some point every human will be a mutant.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-22-2019 at 08:19 PM.

BANNED

I'm not sure what's creepier how Xavier has been acting when this started or the lengths people here go to claim everything that Xavier and friends is doing are just fine without allowance of another kind of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    However you feel is totally fine. I'm just saying that after years of being tortured by the humans of the MU mutants have finally taken true a stance of solidarity and it confuses me as to why some people see them as villains, a cult, or my favorite "the thing they always fought against" when all they've done is play the humans political game and destroy a murderbot.

Nate? As in Nate Grey? The bearded weirdo who chose to run away from reality with his life seed?

I doubt he cares too much about anything other than his Disneyland mutants and god complex atm.

Rachel on the other hand hmm I would see her having more of a problem with Selene tbh.
    I think he meant Cable but the funny thing is that the Cable I see on the covers is the Cable Bendis dumped on us after his run ended.

Also anyone else finds it funny that Hickman is taking Bendis's characters (Tempos, Goldballs, young Cable.) and making them better and relevant? Or is it just me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Frost only messed with one vote.
    I don't know what country you live in but in the United States if a juror lies in court and or an official UN gathering (even if under duress) he or she is guilty of perjury.

Of course it was a threat – part of the foundation of a nation-state is based upon convincing others you have the power to defend your established territory against aggression and encroachment.
    If only that line of reasoning prevented war... It was an unnecessary threat -- baseline humans can not launch an effective assault against Krakoa and they know it. So, what to stop the Krakoans from succeeding in doing just the opposite?
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-22-2019 at 08:25 PM.

I'm not sure what's creepier how Xavier has been acting when this started or the lengths people here go to claim everything that Xavier and friends is doing are just fine without allowance of another kind of opinion.
    I mean no one is stopping you from having an opinion, but not everybody is gonna agree with that opinion you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I think he meant Cable but the funny thing is that the Cable I see on the covers is the Cable Bendis dumped on us after his run ended.

Also anyone else finds it funny that Hickman is taking Bendis's characters (Tempos, Goldballs, young Cable.) and making them better and relevant? Or is it just me?
    Oh Cable okay and at least SOMEBODY is doing something with them.

I'd really like to see him give Hijack some love though. Give him a defined purpose dammit.

Make him and Forge worship buddies or something . Those blackbirds won't build themselves.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-22-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Frost only messed with one vote.

Of course it was a threat – part of the foundation of a nation-state is based upon convincing others you have the power to defend your established territory against aggression and encroachment.
    I know one of them wanted the drugs so he was a no brainer, the Russian tattled on the French and she got her brain messed with but there was more than them and I can't just believe they would openly or silently agree after Lensherr's show of power and words. But again it doesn't matter if it was just the one or several because Frost does as she is known to do and got them in...for now at least (i can't be the only one who remembers what Xavier said about such actions leaving a mark on the recipient)

BANNED

I mean no one is stopping you from having an opinion, but not everybody is gonna agree with that opinion you know?
    Frankly I could also do without talked down to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

Bendis didn't make Young Cable, I'm pretty sure Bendis was already over at DC 6 issues deep into Superman when he was introduced.

Frankly I could also do without talked down to.

Alright.

Sorry if you felt that way from anything I've posted myself.

Fantastic Member

Where do you think the thinly veiled levels of intolerance displayed in this thread rank in terms of the above for creepiness? =)

It seems we've gone beyond the point of either side convincing the other to change their position. Everyone has dug in so I'm agreeing to disagree because we all love these characters and I'm at least happy to see the passion about them. Hickman has succeeded in my mind.

BANNED

Oh Cable okay and at least SOMEBODY is doing something with them.

I'd really like to see him give Hijack some love though. Give him a defined purpose dammit.

Make him and Forge worship buddies or something . Those blackbirds won't build themselves.
    Why would the X-Men need Blackbirds anymore? To kidnap newly emerged mutant children/teenagers from their baseline parents outside of Krakoa? Is Franklin Richards in danger of being abducted?
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-22-2019 at 08:40 PM.