Page 60 of 161 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 2404
  1. #886
    Fantastic Member RD155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The first is correct, but that's always been him. We don't know that Emma did mind control anyone for sure, and he was warning her of the consequences. She reacted coyly so it's left ambiguous. And where did you see Creed running free?
    I thought it was pretty much confirmed that Emma had mind controlled a few in that room and forced a decision. Xavier even confirms that “he knows” and is “grateful”. Sabretooth was part of the group Xavier sent out with mystique to gather the mother mold information earlier in the series. Maybe not running free but Xavier didn’t seem to have much of an issue using him to get what he wanted either.

  2. #887
    Incredible Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Gillen went in so raw; he's probably banned from X-Men.
    No, they want him back. I hope he does return.

    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1172003737289875456

  3. #888
    Fantastic Member RD155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just want to see one mutant just think this whole thing is insane. Someone has to think that, but who will it be?

    This is the part that’s kind of shocking to me. I mean it seems like everyone is on board. We saw some hesitancy from Wolverine in this issue in regards to the open invitation but other than that it’s been a pretty smooth ride.

  4. #889
    Mighty Member nightw1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,054

    Default

    This latest rebirthing of the X-Men seems to be a trend at Marvel where the original dies but a copy of the mind is used to somehow resurrect the character. The same thing happened with Black Widow (who died during Secret Empire) but she was reborn when a copy of her memories was downloaded into a new body. Iron Man also has had his mind and body rebooted multiples times, and they're addressing in his book right now whether he can even call himself the original because of it.

  5. #890
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This is the part that’s kind of shocking to me. I mean it seems like everyone is on board. We saw some hesitancy from Wolverine in this issue in regards to the open invitation but other than that it’s been a pretty smooth ride.
    This is what makes it so hard for me to buy that this is all on the level. Someone has to be freaked out and questioning what is happening. Someone has to think it's a bad idea.

    I get why the villains like it, because they're getting a free pass to do and a blank slate. But where is someone who sees how insane and stupid and bad this is?

  6. #891
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is what makes it so hard for me to buy that this is all on the level. Someone has to be freaked out and questioning what is happening. Someone has to think it's a bad idea.

    I get why the villains like it, because they're getting a free pass to do and a blank slate. But where is someone who sees how insane and stupid and bad this is?
    But how is it less insane than letting yourself be hunted and killed or experimented on because you don't have allies. Can any of really imagine a place in the marvel u where mutants can walk around freely without needing to be in a group for safety. Look at what happened to Rahne. Mutants are the woman of the marvel universe, probably explains why their strongest characters are female. And why can't i remember this question being asked so much about Genosha.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  7. #892
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    No, they want him back. I hope he does return.

    https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1172003737289875456
    Hickman wants him; not they (Marvel)

  8. #893
    Incredible Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I thought it was pretty much confirmed that Emma had mind controlled a few in that room and forced a decision. Xavier even confirms that “he knows” and is “grateful”. Sabretooth was part of the group Xavier sent out with mystique to gather the mother mold information earlier in the series. Maybe not running free but Xavier didn’t seem to have much of an issue using him to get what he wanted either.
    The Mystique/Sabretooth mission is what got him arrested but then last we saw was him escorted out in chains by the Cuckoos. We haven't seen him since and since amnesty was something Hickman pointed out as a concern to the ambassadors, I get the feeling we're not done with this part.
    But I'll give you the Emma part, just re-read it and it starts ambiguous but then he offers her a gift and she accepts.

    And I do think we'll see some mutants have issues with all of this. I don't think everyone is going to easily fall in line once the reality of everything settles. Especially with the villains hanging around.

  9. #894
    Incredible Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman wants him; not they (Marvel)
    Hickman is executive producing Dawn of X. His word is law.

  10. #895
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But how is it less insane than letting yourself be hunted and killed or experimented on because you don't have allies. Can any of really imagine a place in the marvel u where mutants can walk around freely without needing to be in a group for safety. Look at what happened to Rahne. Mutants are the woman of the marvel universe, probably explains why their strongest characters are female.
    Because this doesn't end well for everyone. This is just going to create more problems for mutants. And what if someone just doesn't want to go to this weird cult? What if someone just wants to be left alone? Never mind that this whole thing is just a bad idea.

  11. #896
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is what makes it so hard for me to buy that this is all on the level. Someone has to be freaked out and questioning what is happening. Someone has to think it's a bad idea.

    I get why the villains like it, because they're getting a free pass to do and a blank slate. But where is someone who sees how insane and stupid and bad this is?
    Fallen Angels is about mutants who don't feel like they belong on Krakoa (Kwannon who has a history of resurrections and body hopping, X-23 and Cable who both have had issues with mutant cloning, Laura has a history of wondering if she has a real soul and adult Cable has at least questioned whether he was the clone and Stryfe the original)

    And the leaked New Mutants #3 solicit mentions that there is going to be a youth group performing outreach to other mutants who choose not to live on Krakoa

  12. #897
    Incredible Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Because this doesn't end well for everyone. This is just going to create more problems for mutants. And what if someone just doesn't want to go to this weird cult? What if someone just wants to be left alone? Never mind that this whole thing is just a bad idea.
    The last three issues will be very telling. Something will go amiss for sure, then we'll see what the real status quo will be. It's all very spooky and I'm loving every minute of it.

  13. #898
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Because this doesn't end well for everyone. This is just going to create more problems for mutants. And what if someone just doesn't want to go to this weird cult? What if someone just wants to be left alone? Never mind that this whole thing is just a bad idea.
    The solicits say Armor has a party for young mutants that don't want to go to Krakoa. So no mutant is being forced to go there.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-18-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  14. #899
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Fallen Angels is about mutants who don't feel like they belong on Krakoa (Kwannon who has a history of resurrections and body hopping, X-23 and Cable who both have had issues with mutant cloning, Laura has a history of wondering if she has a real soul and adult Cable has at least questioned whether he was the clone and Stryfe the original)

    And the leaked New Mutants #3 solicit mentions that there is going to be a youth group performing outreach to other mutants who choose not to live on Krakoa
    Exactly. Beat me to it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  15. #900
    Sad & Brazilian PrezValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Perfectly said. You could make a supporting argument for humans or for mutants and that’s about as real world as a comic can get. There is no cut and dry hero or villain in this story. Hickman has done a beautiful job with that.
    Precisely. He's definitely not pulling his punches. And that's why every page of this has been delicious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Y

    Exactly! We finally have someone saying “what does it *really* mean to be a mutant?” And now we’ve got it. Other superheroes teaming up with mutants should be a big deal given the established prejudices in the MU vs an everyday occurrence. Now it’s coming together and I’m excited!
    It's really, really exciting. Hickman might have his flaws, but his grasp on the many topics surrounding the meaning of being mutant in the MU is absolutely inspiring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just want to see one mutant just think this whole thing is insane. Someone has to think that, but who will it be?
    I think right now, nobody has any reasons to think it's insane. Questionable, perhaps, but not insane. You might say Moira, but I think everything that's been happening is inspired by her, so for now, not her. It might be Cyclops or Storm down the line, depending on how far Xavier and Magneto's methods go. But the current situation doesn't really lend itself to people question it that much. Mutants are probably brimming with excitement and optimism. It remains to be seen if, by the end of HoX/PoX, something will change this point of view.
    Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •