Page 52 of 161 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    I am guessing he has control of his powers now that he has a new body. The only question now is how is Wolverine going to get his Adamantium claws back?
    i just assume proteus put them back in. Would also make sense if elixir did something about the adamantium poisoning. But then again he never pops his claws this issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

I feel like people who aren't familiar with Hickman are the most worried. The man does very good work, taking advantage of many comic book tropes and using them within a self-contained run.

Here, we'll see what will come of religion.

I just hate that we didn’t get Mystique’s “welcome home” moment with Storm.

Storm: Who are you?
    Mystique: I... (changes shapes) I... uhh...
    Storm: I don’t know this one. Back in the pod!
    Rogue: That’s mah momma!

There's a mutant for every question

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/chrome_acolyte.htm

Alchemy, then even Mr M and Jamie Braddock

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I just hate that we didn’t get Mystique’s “welcome home” moment with Storm.

Storm: Who are you?
    Mystique: I... (changes shapes) I... uhh...
    Storm: I don’t know this one. Back in the pod!
    Rogue: That’s mah momma!
    Omg I heard Rogue's Animated Series voice while reading that.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

A couple more thoughts:

I love Hickman's tendency to "cutefy" his villains. We've obviously seen it with Sinister last week, as well as with Nimrod in Powers of X, and now there's a tender moment with Apocalypse, with Krakoa's nature greeting an old friend. That said, knowing Hickman and the type of villains he can write, I can't wait to see what he will write in terms of smart, resourceful true antagonists going forward.

As the basic set up of the Dawn of X books starts to take form, I'm reminded of the Utopia days when you had one giant team of X-Men and smaller teams going on side missions. I always thought that had immense potential and I'm glad it's basically been brought back here. With Hickman & Yu's being the central book with a rotating cast, you can then have "mission based" spin-offs starting and concluding, or continuing if successful, but all operating within the same tapestry.

From December solicitations:

"EARTH’S MOST POWERFUL! CYCLOPS STORMS THE SAVAGE LAND!
    The most powerful heroes of the dominant species on the planet, the X-Men rise to protect the world against any threat. From a new foe in the Savage Land to an old nemesis’ surprising return…"

See? For all of ya worried that the X-Men are going to take over and oppress the world. :-)

I don't get why the debate is "The X-Men are the bad guys now" vs. "The mutants are only doing justifiably actions". I think the tone of the series is clearly meant to be omnious - I mean they just welcomed a bunch of murderers in the end of the issue. The actions taken in this series seem to be meant to be understood beyond the dualism of good/bad. It's not all framed as "the X-Men are doing this because this is the right thing to do", but the opposite.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I still don't get the cult thing. People calling this a cult i would say the founders of America were probably thought to have a cult like mentality when they decided they wanted to be treated better and create a new country.
    ...and then in turn killed/subjugated dozens of Native American nations and enslaved millions of Africans. Historically, pride plus hard power has tended to lead to nationalism which then metastasizes into supremacism, imperialism, and mass violence. Or, as we Americans have traditionally referred to it, Manifest Destiny. And, to be clear, America is far from unique in this regard; such pride is typical of most nations.

Imagine Storm was a white guy and the crowd was a bunch of white nationalists. Substitute "the negros" or "the Indians" for all references to "the humans".

The denizens of Krakoa, including the X-Men, no longer speak of "the humans" as people. They don't even separate them into "good humans" and "bad humans". It's all one broad brush of othering. No distinctions. No gradations. Not even any proper names. No references to or acknowledgments of human relatives or friends. No belief in universal rights. No peaceful co-existence. No integration. Just separatism and nationalism. This isn't Xavier's dream; it's Magneto's. And none of the X-Men are questioning it. At all. No debate. No argument. Other than Logan's quibble with letting in the villains, no dissent.

Pride cannot be trusted. Pride leads to hubris. Hubris kills.

I haven't felt so much positive energy from these boards in s long time. It must be how it feels to be resurrected

So if cyclops is prince then would that make Lorna princess

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh. Synch and Mimic are back.
    "Cable was right!"

Beautiful dreamer will be back too and peepers

Wallflower still dead though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I don't get why the debate is "The X-Men are the bad guys now" vs. "The mutants are only doing justifiably actions". I think the tone of the series is clearly meant to be omnious - I mean they just welcomed a bunch of murderers in the end of the issue. The actions taken in this series seem to be meant to be understood beyond the dualism of good/bad. It's not all framed as "the X-Men are doing this because this is the right thing to do", but the opposite.
    Yeah, you have Gorgon, Lady Mastermind, Daken...

42CE483F-DE3B-47E3-A38B-6E1E1F74954A.jpg

It’s inevitable, this plan has flaws.