Page 8 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Flagrant nudity was the Claremont Way and forever shall it be

Amazing Member

What are you referring to? Xorn?
    I mean yeah we all accepted this when they grew a new body for Xavier way back when but this feels different. They are “back-up” copies and so many questions. When did he start “backing up”? How does this work with someone like Jean? The reference to dupes must mean something. ARe the “Real” X-men still out there?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    This issue establishes that having your mind/memories copied into a cloned body and having your soul transferred to it keeps you the exact same person as before.

The logic of this should put a certain retcon to bed for good. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so they not gonna give these people clothes? I didnt like how they were paraded around there naked
    I remember when they commented on Spider-Island that after so many years in spandex most of the superheroes don't care about nudity anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Was Maddie really a clon? Or was she a duplicate Jean?
    I would say she was a clone because Sinister used a different means and did not implant her memories. Perhaps the psionic make up of a mutant mixed with their x-gene is connects to their soul. As i've stated, anytime a mutant's body is restored or resurrected their soul and consciousness seems to return to it. Chaos war for instance.

In this case they are using mutant dna(sperm) putting it in eggs that are then fertilized by Proteus and Tempus ages it up. So these mutants are literally having their bodies reborn. That wasn't the case with Madelyne. I would say the inspiration for this probably came from Moira's mutant powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Love that Hope finally got a new costume and she has her own mini team that she leads
    The mutants are entering the age of free love & woodstock.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Is it the X-Men I wanted? Not really, but I'm onboard with this as the reset. I think there'll be a twist of some kind coming in PoX, but I can handle Mutants United for a while. When Hickman is done, I can already hear the next writer saying we've gotten away from the core of what made the X-Men and returning them to a school in NY as we get "back to basics".

There's an obvious "War for Krakoa" event coming. HiX has already positioned Krakoa's loyalties as more aligned towards Apocalypse than Chuck, Mags or Doug. And we have whatever Sinister's machinations for another big event. So that all sounds cool within the new paradigm.

This felt like the approach they should've taken with the Lights instead of randomly powered folks. Made them each have something that could've been an active catalyst to re-birth.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and Wakanda sucks. lol
    Not surprising. When faced with the same choice, Wakanda chose to keep their life-saving pharmaceuticals to themselves because they didn't want to help the world like Mutants are doing.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 09-18-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Aside from Goldballs new power coming out of nowhere, everything was good in this issue IMO.
    Last edited by Magneto; 09-18-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    Still processing this as well. After I read it two times. Ill read it again.

But Hickman/X-editorial have to know that they are writing the X-Men in a way that is not going to look favorable.

In regards to the cult ish vibes and dictator vibes.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-18-2019 at 06:38 AM.

I would say she was a clone because Sinister used a different means and did not implant her memories. Perhaps the psionic make up of a mutant mixed with their x-gene is connects to their soul. As i've stated, anytime a mutant's body is restored or resurrected their soul and consciousness seems to return to it. Chaos war for instance.

In this case they are using mutant dna(sperm) putting it in eggs that are then fertilized by Proteus and Tempus ages it up. So these mutants are literally having their bodies reborn. That wasn't the case with Madelyne. I would say the inspiration for this problem came from Moira's mutant powers.
    Yup, the means of creating Maddie were not the same, but Sinister had access to a "copy" of Jean and is a powerful telepath. I do not know, as Maddie was referenced last issue, I think something is going to be done with this.

Extraordinary Member

In regard to the resurrections i would argue those saying they are clones would mean Jean herself has always been a clone. Whether it is her hatching out of a phoenix egg or a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean healing a body that was completely destroyed. The five are doing no different than creating a phoenix egg that they are then incubating and reviving mutants. It's like embueing everyone with the phoenix force, something Hope did at one point possess as well. So i don't think they are clones, some how the mutant soul must imprint on their x-gene.
    This stunt might just have worked if only they were using the Phoenix Force which is already connected to 'the afterlife'.
    Last edited by cranger; 09-18-2019 at 07:19 AM.

I'm most interested in which mutants will be the dissenters. In anything there will always be at least one person not with the program. I hope it's not one of the villains who just arrived as that would be predictable and boring.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think she was the girl that showed up during Bendis run as a baddie, she controlled red constructs. But I do not remember her name.
    Suddenly I like her less.

Yup, the means of creating Maddie were not the same, but Sinister had access to a "copy" of Jean and is a powerful telepath. I do not know, as Maddie was referenced last issue, I think something is going to be done with this.
    I wouldn't doubt it. But i think based on this issue it will come up in a way that paint's Madelyne as some sort of abomination. They went out of their way to say they are avoiding duplicates for a reason and Jean's line about being the only one that ever was. Madelyne will be seen as a clone imo and for that in mutant culture she will not be seen in a good light.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh and Wakanda sucks. lol
    Omg lmao
    No you didnt 🤣

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I loved everything about this. Out there and crazy, but so damn good. Death was pointless before in comics, and Hickman just gave a pretty solid reason as to why Mutants can avoid that fate.

Also, really liked that "Only me that ever was." comment Jean made. Nice reference to Inferno I believe when Jean said that to Ororo after meeting up again.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-18-2019 at 06:45 AM.