Page 14 of 161 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Like i said in another thread. If this is cult like mentality then every last political rally that ever was is a cult. This is a nation forming and it's people rallying behind something good that just happened.
    Until something happens to turn it on its head, such as a coup and being unsatisfied with just have krakoa. I mean we're talking about some mutants who wanted genocide, ruling galactic empires or godhood. When the insurgence happens, there's also an entire army of ex-(or is it X-?) villains all gathered together.

yeah I dont mind the whole "immortal mutants" thing, they've been dying way too much anyways
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So basically they've just made comic book death even MORE meaningless than it already is?
    At best it's temporarily meaningless though I don't know if I'd even say that. The whole system falls apart if one of the 5 dies, the genetic database is corrupted, or Cerebro blows. This is more or less a hard reset on all of the mutant deaths we've had over the years that have pretty much been meaningless and for the sake of shock and temporary drama.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    This was my first take too and I was less than thrilled with the idea (also gives clout to the "mutants are immortal" spoilers that were going around before HOX/POX started). But I think Hickman has built in two very clever stopgaps. One being the "5." Seems like a very fragile bunch if you ask me. Can they do this without eggs? Without time manipulation? Without the DNA? Without Proteus (who honestly feels like the most important... and dangerous... piece)? Also, you can't tell me this huge mess of villains that walked through the door aren't just ITCHING for some power. Apoc aside... not everyone here was in the bad guy game for the sake of mutantkind.

Also... where is Mystique?!?
    She was revived. We saw her and Paige in the background. Angel too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

AhhhhhhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa aaaa~!

BANNED

The conditional immortality makes the X-Men an existential threat to the MU on a level they have never attained before, so I am all for it. It makes the mutants that much more alien. And of course, the resurrection protocol has its aforementioned vulnerabilities. Stakes will still exist.

As for Mystique, she'd have to be crazier than usual to stir **** up now. I also suspect she has been promised Irene.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Until something happens to turn it on its head, such as a coup and being unsatisfied with just have krakoa. I mean we're talking about some mutants who wanted genocide, ruling galactic empires or godhood. When the insurgence happens, there's also an entire army of ex-(or is it X-?) villains all gathered together.
    Basically the same as any other nation with nukes. I think that's the whole point. It's a nation. Every country has it's villiains But how does that society deal with it and what does that society do. Every country has to start somewhere.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I have totally missed the point/connection people said the is with set up X-Force and Marauders.
    Maybe I just must the hints.

Fun fact is that Goldballs have been throwing eggs to peeps without anyone ever getting dirty.

Though I do think one of the Five will not make it out of HoX. My guess would be Proteus as he has a strong bound with Moira, the main character of this event.

I hope the Krakoa remains to be the mutant nation though. Judging from the #1 covers of DoX, I might get my wish granted.

Love that Hope gets to be the MUTANT MESSIAH once more, as that is what she basically is now again.

Astonishing Member

So basically they've just made comic book death even MORE meaningless than it already is?
    Don't worry, thell screw it up somehow. They always do, and speaking of that 10 krakon moneys on berserk mind controlled Logan being the one to screw up first or, moria

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    This issue (and every issue really) just makes me more certain this isn't happening in the 616. It's way too big of a change that won't be reflected in other books. I could be wrong, but I kinda hope I'm not.
    All the lives of Moira are 616. Resetting doesn’t make it not 616.

As a reality warper, couldn't Proteus just create cloned bodies on his own? Like when Jamie Braddock created a body for Psylocke?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    This was my first take too and I was less than thrilled with the idea (also gives clout to the "mutants are immortal" spoilers that were going around before HOX/POX started). But I think Hickman has built in two very clever stopgaps. One being the "5." Seems like a very fragile bunch if you ask me. Can they do this without eggs? Without time manipulation? Without the DNA? Without Proteus (who honestly feels like the most important... and dangerous... piece)? Also, you can't tell me this huge mess of villains that walked through the door aren't just ITCHING for some power. Apoc aside... not everyone here was in the bad guy game for the sake of mutantkind.
    Agreed.

I was thinking that too. What makes you think the rest of the Mutant Villains would Agree to abide by the laws of Krakoa?? I’m sure some of them want to cause some Chaos here. And have their own land or area.

I smell a Civil War coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    As a reality warper, couldn't Proteus just create cloned bodies on his own? Like when Jamie Braddock created a body for Psylocke?
    Entirely possible they'd be unstable or burn him out before he could finish.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    The entire race is a potential Extinction Team now.
    That is a very good point. Now I'm imagining all of the possible team compositions in the vein of Cyclops' "Plan 1, 2, 3, etc." from Fear Itself.

I like that it's acknowledged X-Men deaths are meaningless. Everyone just keeps coming back haha

At least, until Cerebro or one of the Five gets butchered, writers can't use cheap deaths to sell their x-men comics. It also elevates the relevance of the Resurrection Team, since anything going on with them now has a larger impact on the mutant society as a whole.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Is Jean the only X-Man that has hatched from a cocoon, an egg, and a gold ball? All three, baby!