Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2404

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,622

    Default HOUSE OF X [05] : Society *Spoilers*

    If this is posted too soon. Moderator will take proper actions.

    Starts off with Magneto and Polaris discussing humans and Magneto states that the one good thing humans taught them was: Society. They are sitting in front of that huge tree with the pod eggs.

    I really like Polaris disdain for humans. She is a good balance of her father and the X-Men influence.

    Next page had Storm and Xavier entering the tree/egg pod area. So now all four of them are waiting for the arrival of something.

    It ends up being Tempus, Proteus, Hope, Elixer, Goldballs.

    Loved LOVED seeing lesser known characters. Wish we had this sprinkled throughout the entire series.

    For an X-Men seminal moment it really is the Xavier/Magneto show.

    Anyways finally some new faces. And people are either going to abhor, like, or tolerate what is being given to us with these five.

    Fabio Medina’s power evolved from just ‘ploink’ balls to eggs.

    Which Proteus warps into viable eggs.

    Injected with the DNA of a mutant

    With the touch of Elixir's life giving abilities

    And Tempus time abilities speeds up the process.

    And the most important is that Hope is the unifier that makes them all sync to make it possible. She gets their powers to work at their peak and in unison.

    What I loved most about this scene is we got to see characters that haven’t been given any spotlight recently.

    I hope X-editorial gets more on board with sprinkling lesser known characters in from time to time.

    Also fyi as this is happening on panel for us Magento is explaining it to Polaris. So that the readers understand what’s going on.

    And this harkens back to first issue.

    The X-Men that died on the mission are all back now.

    People that are complaining that they are just Pod People may have some leverage BUT Polaris basically calls that out. And that’s when we find out that Cerebro captured the essence, the anima, of any mutant. Which can now make them as they once were but in their prime optimal form.

    This is the part people are going to have issues with. And honestly all they have to do is get rid of one of the 5 and resurrections will not be so easy.

    There is this crazy scene where the resurrected mutants are presented to like a ton of mutants.

    Reminded me of that Matrix Morpheus speech scene in the caves and then they have a big all sexy orgy rave. You’ll know it when you see it.

    She introduces each one to show us that its the ones we know. I liked Jean and Monets part the most:

    Jean "Oh…I’m the only “me” that ever was, Ororo”

    Monet ”no touching”

    Cuts to Magneto and Xavier talking about how there is much work to do. They are content and happy for the day. But the vote is upon them.

    FYI Synch and Mimic are brought up in the wordy sections

    So resurrections are happening on a weekly basis. I hope they do something about being depowered by the pretender. Bring back my Wind Dancer Venezuelan Goddess

    The vote goes in the mutants favor. They have themselves a mutant nation.

    Professor X seems to think that Emma Frost had something to do it with it. And they kind of leave it up in the air but kind of don’t.

    So i’ll let others speak on that. But I was hoping that mutants wouldn’t need to use telepathy. But humans also suck in this universe so there’s that.

    Ends with a splash page of a the baddies coming to Krakoa. Xavier saying that all mutants are welcome.

    And Apoclypse at the head of the incoming group. Stating that yes they all will be abiding by Krakoan laws.

    And that he always wanted mutant dominance and look at what they all accomplished.

    I see Random, Lady Mastermind, Exodus, Selene, Mister Sinister, Marrow, Cargill etc….

    Love that last page…

    If you are us, then be with us…

    There are alot of little things that go on that I may not have covered but just read it.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-18-2019 at 05:25 AM.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  2. #2
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    A couple things I was thinking:

    1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.


    2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.


    3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.


    4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.


    5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

    6. Sync is back ☺️

  3. #3
    Spectacular Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A couple things I was thinking:

    1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.


    2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.


    3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.


    4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.


    5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

    6. Sync is back ☺️
    Well, Emplate is evil because he needs to feed on mutants. Maybe he can just eat... eggs. lol.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Well, Emplate is evil because he needs to feed on mutants. Maybe he can just eat... eggs. lol.
    Well yeah they can make Proteust empty bodies, they can give him a couple. I still don't think Monet will be thrilled about this lol.

    I liked that Logan was the one who didn't want them on the Island because I could totally see him being the skeptical one when it comes to villains.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    So if a depowered mutant wants their powers back do they just have to die and be brought back?

    Does it bring them back in their most prime optimal age?

    I'm going to be the one man campaign for Wind Dancer.

    Also is Synch really back?
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So if a depowered mutant wants their powers back do they just have to die and be brought back?

    Does it bring them back in their most prime optimal age?

    I'm going to be the one man campaign for Wind Dancer.

    Also is Synch really back?
    I think they'd need to die.
    Sync is apparently back and Mimic has been retconned as a Mutant.

  7. #7

    Default

    A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    Anyway, I also love the underused mutants taking the spotlight. Glad Mimic got confirmed as a mutant too.
    And I'm interested in the implications from now on. Can they grow a Hellion with hands? a Karma with a leg? a Cable without the techno-organic virus? Is Wolverine now adamantiumless?

  8. #8
    Incredible Member Mr Cochese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    Anyway, I also love the underused mutants taking the spotlight. Glad Mimic got confirmed as a mutant too.
    And I'm interested in the implications from now on. Can they grow a Hellion with hands? a Karma with a leg? a Cable without the techno-organic virus? Is Wolverine now adamantiumless?
    DNA has nothing to say about lost limbs, so sure, why not? Also, Apocalypse is handy with adamantium.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    They are playing up the themes very loud and intentionally.

    I mean mutant controlled Genosha was a dictatorship with a cult of personality around Magneto and even then it was more of a straight mutant nationalist feel with a militarist component then a revolutionary or cult like mutant feel. This feels more like the revolutionary nationalism of young states that believe anything is possible and believe in themselves without question.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-18-2019 at 06:16 AM.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    Still processing this as well. After I read it two times. Ill read it again.

    But Hickman/X-editorial have to know that they are writing the X-Men in a way that is not going to look favorable.

    In regards to the cult ish vibes and dictator vibes.
    Last edited by CGAR; 09-18-2019 at 06:38 AM.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well yeah they can make Proteust empty bodies, they can give him a couple. I still don't think Monet will be thrilled about this lol.

    I liked that Logan was the one who didn't want them on the Island because I could totally see him being the skeptical one when it comes to villains.
    Monet would hate it. Because if they need Xavier genetic template for the eggs that house Proteus, for Emplate to eat they would have to use Monet DNA, because his own is magically mutated. Supercreepy.

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    111

    Default

    A clone is a clone.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 09-18-2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Too early for this type of snark

  13. #13
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Ooh I almost forgot. This explains why Jean couldn't stop the TP link to Earth to fight back. Xavier needed to know whether or not they were dying to avoid duplicate issues (it is made clear they cannot resurrect people they're not sure are dead).

    Plus Xavier might have been using her to download their memories of the mission.

  14. #14
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Hating this. What Iím fearing is the big twist is there is no twist at all. This is now the X-men. An amoral nation consisting of a cult of gods led by a cypher who seems to be literally masquerading as its founder. This canít be it, can it?

    Also from a pure storytelling POV Iím finding these exposition heavy issues tiresome. Claremont, Morrison even Bendis(mr slow burn decompressed exposition himself) did more with less.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A couple things I was thinking:

    1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.


    2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.


    3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.


    4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.


    5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

    6. Sync is back ☺️
    5 i wonder about. Like is proteus really charle's son and not Joseph. I only thought it because on the data sheet it says Proteus' back up bodies are all made from Xavier's dna.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •