Page 31 of 161 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by agkagk47 View Post
    how are the pod people xmen any different than sinisters mauraders -- i could be wrong but dont sinisters clones retain their memories too?
    I expect we'll find out once a duplication happens, and two iterations of the same character encounter each other.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hmm, I could see Moira dying and we get to see her next life as, like, a coda. I have a hard time imagining it in a fashion where it would effect continuity. We'd get a glimpse of life 11, but life 10 continues on.
    mmmm idk I still think Moira resets everything with her mutation which is why her dying would be detrimental to everyone. Maybe Moira finally decides that she’s won and quits while she’s at it to prevent screwing something up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When did Daken die? He was alive at the end of Blue
    The end of Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I keep seeing people say Daken, but where has he shown up? I'm sure he would be resurrected, sure, but where would has he appeared here?
    Yeah, what Beetle said. He was on the villain splash.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Same page as Frenzy and Marrow, top panel. He's beside Forearm
    Damn, it took me forever to find that! Well, that should be fun.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I was thinking.. now that Disney owns X Menīs movie rights.. Wouldnt it be clever of them to make the next set of movies based on Krakoa HoX? it has all the right ingredients...
    Early on, Hickman talked about the vertical integration opportunities with X-Men that weren't available the first time he was at Marvel as being attractive. I always took that to mean video content, either movies or streaming. This could be that pitch. No one would mistake anything here for FoX-Men, that's for sure.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I guess its just me... maybe a few others...

but this issue and just this issue (not the entire narrative that hickman is weaving)

Its poison.

This issue for all its awesome appearances and some of the coolest uses of powers since... hell just SINCE!

Its the story about the subjugation of the X-mens ideology, and the adoration of 1/2 everything they've stood against for all these years... the other half being staving off endless
    and needless editorial driven extinction plots.

Metaphorically its offensive, and maybe a bit "disgusting" if I'm honest.

So... the dream of MLK was wrong, the dream of the every Separatist Fredrick Douglas to Richard Spencer was right.

If that statement starts to build rage or contempt in you after a couple of moments consideration, then for quick second realize its good be alarmed.
    A feeling of outrage at your favorite heroes and their franchise being compared to the worst of the modern facists means youre still saying sane.

See I love the X-men, always have... the struggle to do what right even when the odds were against them is what made them heroes.

And I never understood why soooo many people would come and bitch about the characterization of the Illuminati in time runs out. I get it now though.

Hickman is a genius. Powerful writing. Elicits powerful emotions.

I didn't like seeing it.
    I didn't like seeing storm give a speech with all of mutantdom responding "SIEG HEIL!" (MUTANT!!!) but I could hear it NOT in Reverend Ororo T. Jakes speech but in that full old german shout back.

I didn't like the thing that unites mutantkind being

"I know lets just give our mutant villians everything they want!"

Magneto "Separatist Supremacist Nation"
    En Sabah Nur - Mutants United for Dominance of Earth
    Sinister - All the genetic engrams of all the mutants to "play with" ...

and yeah... there's mad men and cult leaders, cannibals, and vamipres... but hey we're all the same RACE!

Not like those filthy human* cockroaches outside. *but you can insert any people who were stepped on after a vengeful regime took power.

So as of right now this story... is about the Unified Fascist Mutant State. See... historically most fascism start with the justification "We are the injured party! So whatever we do from here is just come uppance"
    Followed by "HERE IS THE SUPERIORITY OF OUR CULTURE!"
    and then... the conflicts start... but you can tell by magnetos previous speeches he's still the same old tyrant thinking of mutants as "...their new Gods"

and yeah. . . I get it...

The Xmen needed a WIN... BADLY.

But ideologically, and dare I say... Heroically...

This is probbably the worst defeat I've EVER seen Xaviers dream suffer.*

... and I owned THIS book pretty early on
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_13

Well... at least wakanda is unconquered.

(X)
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    So, how are they going to explain Wolverine having adamantium from here on in ('cause you know he's gonna)? Shouldn't he be back to bone?
    Questions that need answers.

Also the fact that they can resurrect at will completely erases the stakes. Not particularly keen on that decision.

Extraordinary Member

This issue was so creepy that it's almost a relief to know that Apocalypse is only going to play nice until he gets what he wants-his Horsemen and maybe Evan. And then he'll get to wrecking some **** up

Spectacular Member

Too much illogical things in this issue! This is what I think about it
    . Logan' adamantium, Scott's visor, Selene/Apoc/Exodus and others who join the X-Men, come on! It's BULLSHIT! Any criminals can join them if they are mutants if I understood? Rapists? Pedophiles? Cannibals, maybe? All their crimes are forgiven, seriously? How many times they created a nation? Utopia? Genosha? ZERO of these mutants sided with them at these occasions!
    I don't have nothing against Hickman wanting a development of mutants' culture but not this fucking cult/sect we saw!
    So, the big thing I don't understand is CABLE: why Xavier didn't resurrect him??? And ALL THE EXISTENCE/HISTORY of Cable is USELESS WITH NO PURPOSE now because of this! Yes, Hicky destroyed this character's history with Apoc being a good guy! Kid Cable battles against Apoc's ideology and I don't see HIM being OK with that, nor Rachel aka Mother Askani!
    The X-Men have always fighting against mutant's supremacy ideology and now ALL OF THEM are OK with that??? It's a big NO for me! If Xavier doesn't control them, it's not possible to think they would side like that with Xavier! Also, I don't recognize them: their personality, their act and statements. Sorry but this is a dark era for X-Men's characterizations so far. Hicky needs to change his way of writing them at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by agkagk47 View Post
    ya im pretty sure after cult leader storm stopped screaming they all drank the koolaid and got freaky.

Where is everyone getting this cult leader business? Sounds like classic Ororo to me. To each his own tho...

Extraordinary Member

Daken was unkilled in Return of Wolverine, another really weird story about bringing everyone back from dead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I guess its just me... maybe a few others...

but this issue and just this issue (not the entire narrative that hickman is weaving)

Its poison.

This issue for all its awesome appearances and some of the coolest uses of powers since... hell just SINCE!

Its the story about the subjugation of the X-mens ideology, and the adoration of 1/2 everything they've stood against for all these years... the other half being staving off endless
    and needless editorial driven extinction plots.

Metaphorically its offensive, and maybe a bit "disgusting" if I'm honest.

So... the dream of MLK was wrong, the dream of the every Separatist Fredrick Douglas to Richard Spencer was right.

If that statement starts to build rage or contempt in you after a couple of moments consideration, then for quick second realize its good be alarmed.
    A feeling of outrage at your favorite heroes and their franchise being compared to the worst of the modern facists means youre still saying sane.

See I love the X-men, always have... the struggle to do what right even when the odds were against them is what made them heroes.

And I never understood why soooo many people would come and bitch about the characterization of the Illuminati in time runs out. I get it now though.

Hickman is a genius. Powerful writing. Elicits powerful emotions.

I didn't like seeing it.
    I didn't like seeing storm give a speech with all of mutantdom responding "SIEG HEIL!" (MUTANT!!!) but I could hear it NOT in Reverend Ororo T. Jakes speech but in that full old german shout back.

I didn't like the thing that unites mutantkind being

"I know lets just give our mutant villians everything they want!"

Magneto "Separatist Supremacist Nation"
    En Sabah Nur - Mutants United for Dominance of Earth
    Sinister - All the genetic engrams of all the mutants to "play with" ...

and yeah... there's mad men and cult leaders, cannibals, and vamipres... but hey we're all the same RACE!

Not like those filthy human* cockroaches outside. *but you can insert any people who were stepped on after a vengeful regime took power.

So as of right now this story... is about the Unified Fascist Mutant State. See... historically most fascism start with the justification "We are the injured party! So whatever we do from here is just come uppance"
    Followed by "HERE IS THE SUPERIORITY OF OUR CULTURE!"
    and then... the conflicts start... but you can tell by magnetos previous speeches he's still the same old tyrant thinking of mutants as "...their new Gods"

and yeah. . . I get it...

The Xmen needed a WIN... BADLY.

But ideologically, and dare I say... Heroically...

This is probbably the worst defeat I've EVER seen Xaviers dream suffer.*

... and I owned THIS book pretty early on
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_13
    I mean, this issue was creepy. I don't think we're supposed to really see this as a true win for the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah, I think people want classic X-men done well and not this brand new concept
    I thought the same but I think if this is received well and we're a few years into it by the time movie production starts, we may see this take. But for now I agree and I would prefer the classic X-Men.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

CultLeader!Storm was effin' awesome, lol. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Daken was unkilled in Return of Wolverine, another really weird story about bringing everyone back from dead.
    He was zombified but Persephone’s powers meant they are dead after she’s done with them IIRC.

BANNED

Had a dream where somebody used Frederick Douglass in the same breath as Richard Spencer.