Page 63 of 161 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Interesting take. I wasn’t sure the attempt at ascension failed and/or it was no longer the long-term goal. So it sounds like they are attempting to emulate Phalanax characteristics?
    That's what i believe. They are trying to become a super powered organic collective. Which is also why Xavier specifically stated everything will be organic. IN the end Xavier is proably preparing for the Phalanx coming to judge earth and that will be mutant kinds last big ostacle. and thats the last piece of pertinent info of moira's to act on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's what i believe. They are trying to become a super powered organic collective. Which is also why Xavier specifically stated everything will be organic. IN the end Xavier is proably preparing for the Phalanx coming to judge earth and that will be mutant kinds last big ostacle. and thats the last piece of pertinent info of moira's to act on.
    Hmmm. Interesting. POX4 seemed to show the Elders are proactively seeking Phalanx ascension, not trying to prevent it. But the normal process doesn’t work with biological entities mutant or human. For some reason, I think the Elders include at least Moira and Xavier. Maybe Apocalypse.

So, in this era, is Xavier’s “organic” mandate and integration with Krakoa intended to inoculate mutants against Phalanx ascension? Or prepare them?

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

i love how the Five resurrected the fallen X-Men and Monet's interaction with Storm was hilarious. Lorna loathing humans was cool as hell to me and it was nice seeing Sage, Regan, Joanna, and Granny Selene. Mama's interaction with Charles was my favorite part in this issue. I really can't wait for Marauders to come out in October
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member

Wasn't x-23 literally trying to stop people from using this style of resurrection in tamaki's first arc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Wasn't x-23 literally trying to stop people from using this style of resurrection in tamaki's first arc ?
    well she wont be on Krakoa

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also notice the russian ambassador face she was pissed which is more in line with being influenced rather than controlled.
    Mind control has a limited lifespan because Emma’s not going to keep doing it. Especially one bureaucrat who answers to a larger government. Influence can last much longer with the right leverage.

This issue ressurection ritual was pretty weird oh and Wolverine has a nice butt

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting. POX4 seemed to show the Elders are proactively seeking Phalanx ascension, not trying to prevent it. But the normal process doesn’t work with biological entities mutant or human. For some reason, I think the Elders include at least Moira and Xavier. Maybe Apocalypse.

So, in this era, is Xavier’s “organic” mandate and integration with Krakoa intended to inoculate mutants against Phalanx ascension? Or prepare them?
    And that really depends on if they are accepted or rejected by the Phalanx. If rejected like i think it makes the most sense mutants simply can not exist in a future where robots are the dominant species or Ai. As such the only way to combat a technological collective is with an equally or more powerful biological one.

I think the most sinister minute detail of it all though that most are missing is how does the collective influence the individual mutant. Like we saw with the five they are becoming very close from using their powers together and describe it as fulfilling a puprose, one could compare that to the cuckoos who have been using their powers together all their life and how a dominant personality had influence over their actions. So what if you get a mutant like Exodus using his power in union with a Hellion or someone else and that connection starts to influence the others actions. The line truly starts to blur between heroes and villians and wants and desires.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-18-2019 at 07:47 PM. Reason: meant exodus not emplate
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

This does make sense as to why she's not been around. It's nice to think that Laura will be one of the sane ones.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Mind control has a limited lifespan because Emma’s not going to keep doing it. Especially one bureaucrat who answers to a larger government. Influence can last much longer with the right leverage.
    I meant influenced in the way that she got dirt on her from reading her mind that she threatened to bring up at the U.N that would have shown Russia in a bad light so she abstained rather than directly influenced her. Also it touches on what Charles said because pulling someones darkest secrets and living with that and tolerating that person (Depending on how vile) probably takes a tole on anyone, so especially a telepath.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    I'm confused by all this talk about them being a cult.
    To me, it's them embracing the culture they are in the process of forming.
    They're different from humans. Why not act differently.

Also, and maybe it's just because I'm a terrible person? But so far, I feel like every choice they made with the exception of the Emma mind control, has been justified.
    At a glance, probably not, but if taken within the context of everything we witnessed mutants go through, because of humans since the X-Men started in 1963, including all the previous lives of Moria that Xaiver and Magento have knowledge of, well, I feel like they're justified this, and so much more.
    Yeah, it all seems very acceptable to me.

I love that we see them embracing their mutant identity and forging a culture that's unique to them.

We're so used to seeing mutants as underdogs and trying to assimilate. This change of status quo is both jarring and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    i love how the Five resurrected the fallen X-Men and Monet's interaction with Storm was hilarious. Lorna loathing humans was cool as hell to me and it was nice seeing Sage, Regan, Joanna, and Granny Selene. Mama's interaction with Charles was my favorite part in this issue. I really can't wait for Marauders to come out in October
    Same. I found the character work with Emma/Charles and Erik/Lorna very strong. I loved how Storm sounded. It was surprising but it worked for me and I'm glad she was sent out there. They are a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This does make sense as to why she's not been around. It's nice to think that Laura will be one of the sane ones.
    It was the Cuckoos she was stopping and you’re missing the very important fact that they were willing to kill Gabby in order to do so.

Comic Geek in General

Looks like Marvel was serious about putting the X-Men back into prominence as opposed to be the put upon team that was barely a afterthought a few years ago (back when the Inhumans where everywhere as Marvel was having their spat with Fox)........I just wonder when The Avengers, Alpha Flight (the actual team, not the Space Defense entity), the Squadron Supreme (they still active? I know they’re involved in Mephisto’s latest scheme) and the Fantastic Four would try to have a say in this......

Panther: what are you guys doing

Xavier: ...

Xavier: ...nothin'...

Panther: Fair enough. See you next event.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate