Page 65 of 161 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    not really fair not to give someone a chance.
    They did in life 9. At least Pimp slap him or something. I hope Sinister and Apocalypse interact. That would be gold. For that matter Exodus and Apoc would be a fun scene.

Jean or Emma should keep tabs on old Essex though. That sneaky SoB.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I hope those of you who like Tempus, Goldballs, Hope, and Elixir make peace with the fact that this new status means they’re as good as dead in due time.
    No it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it doesnt
    They’re the weak spot for Xavier’s Krakoan initiative. Take them out, and the plan to restore/exponentially increase the power of Krakoa goes up in smoke.

Fantastic Member

I see a lot of people commenting on how the five will be in danger or how fragile they are, but they really aren't. You can't pick off just one of them, cause Elixer will revive them, or Hope will copy and revive him. They have a reality warped, and the X-Men know like three other of those (even if they arent loyal to Krakoa yet). Goldballs kicks off the process, but since his eggs are organic, I see no reason why Krakoa couldn't develop to grow them, given time and research. Not to mention they could have eggs of them ready in storage in case the worst happens.

Extraordinary Member

That's the beauty of the whole thing, you just need to kill one of them and there you go. So very easy.

There are so many fun character interactions we can get out of this that it's crazy to think about. And Apocalypse has been gone for so long. So much has happened since he died last time.

Edit: But you can kill one of them and it would be easy, you just have to pick the right one, like Eva Belle. Her power is fairly unique and without it, they would have to rethink their entire strategy.

The book does seem to imply that the X-Men are trying to find replacements for emergencies, but the other issue is the religious aspect of this all. They seemingly need to this process to have this magical, religious aspect of it to hide just how simple it is. Having tons and tons of people who can easily do it takes away just how special it is.
    Last edited by Rosebunse; 09-18-2019 at 09:29 PM.

Remember Fauna, the little green girl who Jean brought to Krakoa in issue #1 of House of X. She was part of the group of mutants who were surrounding the X-Men who had been brought back to life in the pods. While those X-Men were naked . It makes the old 14 year old Kitty and 19 year old Piotr romance look tame.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Remember Fauna, the little green girl who Jean brought to Krakoa in issue #1 of House of X. She was part of the group of mutants who were surrounding the X-Men who had been brought back to life in the pods. While those X-Men were naked . It makes the old 14 year old Kitty and 19 year old Piotr romance look tame.
    I don't think the nudity was really supposed to be sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't think the nudity was really supposed to be sexual.
    I was half joking.

I'm concerned about Xavier. In the final pages he mentions to Emma there is a personal cost when imposing your psychic will on somebody. We know he did the same thing to Sinister in Year 1 of year 10(current timeline). What kind of reckoning is coming for him? I don't think Hickman just threw that in there.

This felt very Ghost in the Shell to me... and I'm OK with that.

They’re the weak spot for Xavier’s Krakoan initiative. Take them out, and the plan to restore/exponentially increase the power of Krakoa goes up in smoke.
    Elixir can resurrect himself.

You left off Proteus though. He's not precious to most people and can easily go back into limbo

Did you read the "notes"? Not only are all of them backed up weekly with husks made on the ready as often as daily (as mentioned in solving the Proteous problem), they have a host of possible "upgrades/extensions/stand-ins" for the roles. You'd have to wipe all the DNA data centers simultaneously.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hope is back as the mutant messiah.

Glad they used these minor characters (except Hope I guess). Though I fear one will die.

Hope this pod thing will not remain active as then death would be nothing, just create a new one....

Still missing Iceman, Rogue, Dazzler, Psylocke, Bishop, Vulcan, Havok, Kitty and Gambit in this event.

Does no one wonder how long they have collected DNA? If they can bring back Vulcan, it's not something recent.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I want them all to stick around, obviously, but I do feel like I've reach a level of fulfillment with Goldballs. If he were to die, it would be too bad, but we'd always have this glorious moment of apotheosis.

Elixir couldn't stay dead if he tried. I guess the one I'd least like to lose is Hope.