Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I feel like more of these morally centered mutants...Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus...should be questioning Xavier's vision.
    Why? After the crap the X-men have gone through would any question a peaceful homeland for mutants? The fun questions begin Krakoa is full then what but right now bring back all dead mutants to life, A safe place for mutants, a united mutant nation. Why shouldn't everyone be on board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue but I didn't like that this basically made death meaningless.
    It is difficult to take risk serious now.

Mighty Member

I just want an end goal for all of this cause at the end of this my only consideration while reading this was "Okay, but what is actual point of this book?"

That and "Y'all really need to stop with the pages of nothing but text."

BANNED

Getting clone conspiracy 2 vibes and days of future past not that the later aspect played much of a role in this issue. However I do wonder how it will come crashing down. Rise of Krakoa podspeople? Surtur putting the whole place to torch using the twilight sword? Return of Arrako to assimilate Krakoa? Possibilities are endless....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I just want an end goal for all of this cause at the end of this my only consideration while reading this was "Okay, but what is actual point of this book?"
    A new status quo. Which would you prefer?

BANNED

I’m loving Jonestown X-Men.

Hickman’s Apocalypse is becoming a favorite. I loved the birds flocking to him as he came through the portal.

I thought this was interesting. Why Charles?

[NOTE: The Proteus problem[Where the powers of this mutant are directly associated with the destruction of its own body and are the direct cause of all physiological and psychological deviance over the years] has been solved by always having a backup mutant husk prepared for Proteus to inhabit when he burns out his old one. Depending on the frequency with which he is using his power, a Proteus body normally lasts one week but can last as little as one day during periods of excessive power use. Proteus’ backup husk is always created from the genetic base of Charles Xavier.]

The thing with cults is that they lie. Here they are literally bringing people back to life. I mean, that is way more Jesus than Koresh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I thought this was interesting. Why Charles?
    Maybe his is the only brain that can handle Proteus for long without Kevin going psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    Anyway, I also love the underused mutants taking the spotlight. Glad Mimic got confirmed as a mutant too.
    And I'm interested in the implications from now on. Can they grow a Hellion with hands? a Karma with a leg? a Cable without the techno-organic virus? Is Wolverine now adamantiumless?
    DNA has nothing to say about lost limbs, so sure, why not? Also, Apocalypse is handy with adamantium.

It's about damn time and I would be creeped out if the mutants havent been stepped on so much over time.

Long live Krakoa and stuff.

This was everything. EVERYTHING. I loved it all, i loved every last panel, every last detail, every last word. I just, i can't remember feeling this excited reading an issue. Hands down the best issue i can not wait to get this in a trade preferably a hard cover. I just. Storm came off like a boss queen. Everything made sense to me. Monet panel was stunning. The arrival of the villains. I would argue a mutant's soul is connected to their x-gene and memories. IT makes sense to me given so many mutants are psionic and how every time a mutants body is fully repaired they seem to somehow come back, like Jean for instance. So this is just like 5 mutants reproducing what the phoenix does in my opinion like cyclops resurrection recently. I'm still processing it all but man i am so excited for the future of mutant kind. Just beautiful.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Maybe I am just used to 80's Storm because I am reading through my backlog...but this did not seem like Ororo.

With her inate connection to nature & the earth, I just do not see her being so enthusiastic about such an unnatural process.

I feel like more of these morally centered mutants...Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus...should be questioning Xavier's vision.
    But it is a natural process. The mutants are only using their given gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I enjoyed this issue but I didn't like that this basically made death meaningless.
    They never stay dead anyways sooo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    A clone is a clone. Everyone on this board who has craped on clones and alternate reality versions of characters is hypocritical if they are okay with this.
    Calling them clones is the easiest way to describe them. But Hickman goes to great lengths to establish that these aren't "clones." They are, more or less, the original. Complete from cell to cell.

Actually, that is a good example. Cell from Dragonball Z wasn't a clone. He was always the original regenerated from a cell complete with memory of his death etc. Same applies to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    One of the Five is gonna die