Page 12 of 161 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Selene already tried sacrificing a whole island full of mutants to become a goddess lol. Her, Sinister and Apocalypse are the ones that would/could cause a lot of trouble.

Well we expected the team would be back somehow and I'm surprised they went the cloning route since that can be controversial to how people feel about clones.
    What i didn't expect was that Hickman would refurbish the Five Lights concept to make it work. I also liked Hickman included the five of them are growing closer which reflects Hope's empathetic bond that she forms with people that she jump starts with her powers.
    Since Proteus is involved I guess that can explain how, via a little reality bending, Wolverine can come back and stil have adamantium.
    And considering how important that helmet is, I hope Xavier made it out of the strongest materials he can find because if humanity finds out about the resurrection protocol and how it's tied to that helmet they're going to try to disable or destroy it.

Oh and yay Synch is back!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Oh, I didn’t think about this. You’d think Destiny would be at the top of the resurrection list.
    I’m guessing she has to ‘earn’ her back. A hostage for Madam’s good behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Magneto is in Xmen 1
    Is he? Sorry - I was just going by the cover. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    My quick thoughts while I post from my phone while at work...I loved the issue. I loved Storm’s speech. Storm is such an essential X-man character, and I’m glad she got plenty of panel time. I loved Polaris was in the issue. The rebirths were nice, loved Scott and Jean’s. Emma was used well , yet again. I’m almost willing to forgive Hickman for Jean’s portrayal last issue.

Yes everyone has drank Xavier’s kool aid, but think about going to a school or work conference. While there you have buy in and are energized. Right now mutants are excited for the future.
    I like that Storm is essentially being used as the "heart" of the X-Men. I see her like the emotional support for her fellow mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Magneto is in Xmen 1
    Wait, since when? I must have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Selene already tried sacrificing a whole island full of mutants to become a goddess lol. Her, Sinister and Apocalypse are the ones that would/could cause a lot of trouble.
    No, she didn't... she was planning on eating the souls of the entire world.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Ororo/Jean is such an underrated ship

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Yes Magneto, Polaris and Storm are in issue 1 doing stuff

I dont think he's going to have a huge role in that issue, but I believe Mags and X are going to make small appearances in all the books
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Magneto, polaris, cyclops and storm are the focus of X-men #1.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If this is posted too soon. Moderator will take proper actions.

Starts off with Magneto and Polaris discussing humans and Magneto states that the one good thing humans taught them was: Society. They are sitting in front of that huge tree with the pod eggs.

I really like Polaris disdain for humans. She is a good balance of her father and the X-Men influence.

Next page had Storm and Xavier entering the tree/egg pod area. So now all four of them are waiting for the arrival of something.

It ends up being Tempus, Proteus, Hope, Elixer, Goldballs.

Loved LOVED seeing lesser known characters. Wish we had this sprinkled throughout the entire series.

For an X-Men seminal moment it really is the Xavier/Magneto show.

Anyways finally some new faces. And people are either going to abhor, like, or tolerate what is being given to us with these five.

Fabio Medina’s power evolved from just ‘ploink’ balls to eggs.

Which Proteus warps into viable eggs.

Injected with the DNA of a mutant

With the touch of Elixir's life giving abilities

And Tempus time abilities speeds up the process.

And the most important is that Hope is the unifier that makes them all sync to make it possible. She gets their powers to work at their peak and in unison.

What I loved most about this scene is we got to see characters that haven’t been given any spotlight recently.

I hope X-editorial gets more on board with sprinkling lesser known characters in from time to time.

Also fyi as this is happening on panel for us Magento is explaining it to Polaris. So that the readers understand what’s going on.

And this harkens back to first issue.

The X-Men that died on the mission are all back now.

People that are complaining that they are just Pod People may have some leverage BUT Polaris basically calls that out. And that’s when we find out that Cerebro captured the essence, the anima, of any mutant. Which can now make them as they once were but in their prime optimal form.

This is the part people are going to have issues with. And honestly all they have to do is get rid of one of the 5 and resurrections will not be so easy.

There is this crazy scene where the resurrected mutants are presented to like a ton of mutants.

Reminded me of that Matrix Morpheus speech scene in the caves and then they have a big all sexy orgy rave. You’ll know it when you see it.

She introduces each one to show us that its the ones we know. I liked Jean and Monets part the most:

Jean "Oh…I’m the only “me” that ever was, Ororo”

Monet ”no touching”

Cuts to Magneto and Xavier talking about how there is much work to do. They are content and happy for the day. But the vote is upon them.

FYI Synch and Mimic are brought up in the wordy sections

So resurrections are happening on a weekly basis. I hope they do something about being depowered by the pretender. Bring back my Wind Dancer Venezuelan Goddess

The vote goes in the mutants favor. They have themselves a mutant nation.

Professor X seems to think that Emma Frost had something to do it with it. And they kind of leave it up in the air but kind of don’t.

So i’ll let others speak on that. But I was hoping that mutants wouldn’t need to use telepathy. But humans also suck in this universe so there’s that.

Ends with a splash page of a the baddies coming to Krakoa. Xavier saying that all mutants are welcome.

And Apoclypse at the head of the incoming group. Stating that yes they all will be abiding by Krakoan laws.

And that he always wanted mutant dominance and look at what they all accomplished.

I see Random, Lady Mastermind, Exodus, Selene, Mister Sinister, Marrow, Cargill etc….

Love that last page…

If you are us, then be with us…

There are alot of little things that go on that I may not have covered but just read it.
    I'm in the "tolerate" camp, since I like the concept but it also feels like Hickman giving his Big Daddy B his respect. The villains coming and figuratively bowing to Xavier in Karkoa reminds me of Magneto literally bowing before Cyke when Utopia was starting. That is, nothing we haven't seen before.

Overall, I am liking the new status quo for the X-Men. Guess the X-Office finally realized that after Utopia, returning the X-Men back to the school setting was no longer interesting to the readers or profitable, so they're doing a hard-reset back to Utopia but on a grander scale.

Now waiting for Extinction Team 2.0 to manifest.
    Last edited by xiyon; 09-18-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Somewhere in the world Ben Reilly is laughing his ass off and feeling vindicated and has no idea why.

I am however becoming deeply unnerved by the cult-like atmosphere going on here especially if that’s to be the status quo of the X-Men for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    No, she didn't... she was planning on eating the souls of the entire world.
    Oh, well that makes it so much better!

Seriously though, she Apocalypse and Sinister are going to be have their own agendas. Oddly enough I see Apocalypse at least likely to be a problem though, IF his little speech was truly how he felt.

BANNED

I said it weeks ago but Selene really should be one of the exceptions to Krakoan amnesty AFAIC, lol. Apocalypse can potentially be somewhat reasoned with as, for better or worse, the rise of Krakoan supremacy conforms to his ideology. But in terms of sheer evil and insane mayhem they don't come worse than Selene. You can't cure her mind like Proteus, she's built that way. Selene and Sinister are the ones I'd eliminate, but maybe Apocalypse can keep Selene in check.