Page 85 of 161 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2405

Layla miller should be here with the five

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    That would have made sense. Unless her powers specifically rob people of their soul. so she could actually hurt the process. Doesn't she bring people back emotionless? But then i guess Xavier could have put it back in them? But then her powers have seemed to change since then an even Peter David said in an interview the two laylas are not the same. I wonder what her exact powers are now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That would have made sense. Unless her powers specifically rob people of their soul. so she could actually hurt the process. Doesn't she bring people back emotionless? But then i guess Xavier could have put it back in them? But then her powers have seemed to change since then an even Peter David said in an interview the two laylas are not the same. I wonder what her exact powers are now.
    There two. Can you please explain this

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Usually, people that flee persecution don’t start religio-political movements that embrace extremists and create an all-embracing fascist state. It CAN happen in part, but not to this extent.
    I don't think this is what's happening.

I think *you* have Fear of a Mutant Planet, though!
    Last edited by Jness; 09-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.

There two. Can you please explain this
    When layal brought back guido he had no soul and as such had no empathy/emotion. Also wikipedia says

Writer Peter David addressed this disparity with Layla's powers in the letter column of X-Factor vol. 3 #231: "Layla... We've seen her powers spelled out more in the past few issues than any other time in the past. I wouldn't get too hung up on HoM (House of M) if I were you since she's very different from what she was."
    So the layla in the 616 and the Layla in House of M don't have the same abilities.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Bendis literally just created Layla to end that lame-ass event with no interest in what she was didn't he lol. That's when I knew he wasn't **** at events. HoM always sucked.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Who's excited about Mimic and the Resurrection 5 title?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Can Xavier use this resurrection procedure for humans?
    The old Xavier would have, the better question here is would the current Xavier do so?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Who's excited about Mimic and the Resurrection 5 title?
    That's the only title I'm looking forward to, actually!!

Fantastic Member

Calling it right now - we're going to get the classic

"But you died!"

"I got better."

exchange between Cyclops and the doctor on the space station.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No

100char

Layla has the mutant power to resurrect someone from death, at the cost of their soul. They retain their memories but experience a lack of empathy upon resurrection that is similar to sociopathy.
    The body also needs to be intact but lurker beat me to it.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 09-19-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Layla resurrects people without their soul, which eventually turns them into very amoral evil psycopaths, that is how Trevor Fitzroy went from hero and saviour of mutantkind, to evil murderer.

She also needs the body to be intact, if it has already begun to rot, then she can't

Mighty Member

It amazes me how easily some think a mutant can just walk away from their human family to go join a bunch of strangers who they have nothing in common with aside from a random x-gene. Let's say a young black man who is extremely close to his family, active in his community and fights for social justice and change becomes a mutant. Then Xavier, Scott or Magneto shows up and says come with us, we're your "true" family now, what is that new mutant suppose to do? Just leave his close knit black family, his black community to go live on white mutant island? His entire life was lived as a black male, all his experiences was as a black male, now he is suppose to put aside his blackness to live as a mutant first. He is now suppose to see his loving family as human enemies who want to kill him, he is now suppose to abandon his community where he fought for change and dignity (and where he could use his newfound abilities to benefit his community) to go become some foot soldier in a mutant army. Are we suppose to think that he would gladly accept that proposition, that any mutant in a similar position would so easily accept that? Black mothers and grandmothers are very close to black sons and grandsons, to think that a young black male would turn away from them or consider a bunch of predominantly white mutants as their true family over their real ones is absurd. This notion being presented that all mutants on earth is some giant hivemind that all believe the same thing, are all on the same page, that not one among them has any reservations about what's happening is hard to accept. Mutants are individuals with their own thoughts, desires and motivations. Not all will accept the Krakoa option, not all will follow or agree with Xavier, not all will leave their families and consider strangers their real family. Realistically that young black male mutant will not be on Krakoa, he will not accept that now that he has powers means he gives up all that he knows, all that matters to him and he holds dear. He may be mutant but he is a black man first and foremost, and no stranger who can read minds or teleport will ever be closer to him than his own human mother. HOX/POX is essentially saying mutants have to choose and I think objectivity many mutants would not choose Krakoa. This is why I can never accept that in the MU someone like white, rich, privileged, elitist Emma Frost or blonde haired blue eyed Alex Summers experiences more racism, bigotry and prejudice because they're a mutant than Sam Wilson, Rage or any black person. It dosen't hold up.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    It amazes me how easily some think a mutant can just walk away from their human family to go join a bunch of strangers who they have nothing in common with aside from a random x-gene. Let's say a young black man who is extremely close to his family, active in his community and fights for social justice and change becomes a mutant. Then Xavier, Scott or Magneto shows up and says come with us, we're your "true" family now, what is that new mutant suppose to do? Just leave his close knit black family, his black community to go live on white mutant island? His entire life was lived as a black male, all his experiences was as a black male, now he is suppose to put aside his blackness to live as a mutant first. He is now suppose to see his loving family as human enemies who want to kill him, he is now suppose to abandon his community where he fought for change and dignity (and where he could use his newfound abilities to benefit his community) to go become some foot soldier in a mutant army. Are we suppose to think that he would gladly accept that proposition, that any mutant in a similar position would so easily accept that? Black mothers and grandmothers are very close to black sons and grandsons, to think that a young black male would turn away from them or consider a bunch of predominantly white mutants as their true family over their real ones is absurd. This notion being presented that all mutants on earth is some giant hivemind that all believe the same thing, are all on the same page, that not one among them has any reservations about what's happening is hard to accept. Mutants are individuals with their own thoughts, desires and motivations. Not all will accept the Krakoa option, not all will follow or agree with Xavier, not all will leave their families and consider strangers their real family. Realistically that young black male mutant will not be on Krakoa, he will not accept that now that he has powers means he gives up all that he knows, all that matters to him and he holds dear. He may be mutant but he is a black man first and foremost, and no stranger who can read minds or teleport will ever be closer to him than his own human mother. HOX/POX is essentially saying mutants have to choose and I think objectivity many mutants would not choose Krakoa. This is why I can never accept that in the MU someone like white, rich, privileged, elitist Emma Frost or blonde haired blue eyed Alex Summers experiences more racism, bigotry and prejudice because they're a mutant than Sam Wilson, Rage or any black person. It dosen't hold up.
    So I guess if you didn't bring up the race card for this story, you wouldn't have gotten dinner tonight.
    "Cable was right!"

Krakoa is the future.
    "Xavier the villain!"
    "Genosha 2.0!"

Not quite.
    Whether other mutants run away in their teens or grow old, I'm sure the majority of mutants will end up walking through a Krakoan portal. and frolicking on the ground with
    Wolverine and a bunch of other mutant children.
    It's inevitable.