Page 62 of 161 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Lol dude I had to re read it as well to confirm. I’m spending way too much time on this series. HOX and POX is life at this point lol.

The open invitation from Xavier just screams of desperation. I guess Moira wasn’t kidding when she said “break all the rules”. There has to be something more to this though. Unless Xavier plans to mindcontrol some of them 24/7 there’s no way these villains realistically fall in line. This is a terrible idea but at this stage with so many attempts through Moira failing over and over....I guess you’re pretty much out of options.
    You could say that having all those villains in a single place is an advantage for mutants in general. Xavier knows where they all are, for starters. It also prevents humans from getting some kind of leverage on Krakoan mutants. Do we know, for example, that Wolverine would sit idly if Daken was being tortured to gather information on Krakoa and Xavier? Are we sure people like Cyclops, Storm and Jean would accept knowing any of their enemies are being hurt to gain intel on them? The X-Men are, for what we know, still super-heroes and would fight for their peers if they were going under inhumane treatment. So, that's another thing to gain from gathering the villains. And, while people like Selene and Emplate might be hard to keep a leash on, I think Xavier has contingencies in place.

Of course, Sinister will find a way to disrupt everything LMAO But you can make up solid reasoning for Xavier's choices, even if the narrative demands that it ends badly.

I can't wait to see Synch and I'mma need all the original Hellions to come back. I hope when everybody is back Larraz or Silva get to draw everybody with their original team. That would be so beautiful and dope!

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    So you're saying in the face of white human supremacy the mutants decided to push back with their own brand of white mutant supremacy? Who knew that? And in what way does Magneto's threat on behalf of all mutant kind promote a sense of cooperation with within the human community? I'm still not sure what you're trying to say?
    How do you see the mutants have pushed back with their own brand of white supremacy? If we're only talking about Magneto then maybe, but he's always been that way. But we saw Hank, Emma, and Charles at the UN sipping drink and shaking hands. The humans want that medicine and some are willing to work with the mutants to have it. I haven't seen the supremacy that you speak of, yet. I see a lot of pride which could obviously go down that path, but not yet. It's clear to me - accept us as a sovereign nation and we will give you life saving medicine. I don't see supremacy there. Magneto's own words to his daughter: "What would happen when - like with man - the greatest necessary traits in mutantdom weren't strength and aggressiveness, but intelligence, ingenuity and creativity?". And remember, the people he threatened in issue #1 were not what they seemed and the Cuckoos exposed them. I think you're creating something that isn't there, yet.

In the solitics for X-Men #2 and 3 I believe, we see the X-Men traveling to the Savage Land to handle some threat. Hero'ing as they do.
    Last edited by JB; 09-18-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Amazing Member

I'm confused by all this talk about them being a cult.
    To me, it's them embracing the culture they are in the process of forming.
    They're different from humans. Why not act differently.

Also, and maybe it's just because I'm a terrible person? But so far, I feel like every choice they made with the exception of the Emma mind control, has been justified.
    At a glance, probably not, but if taken within the context of everything we witnessed mutants go through, because of humans since the X-Men started in 1963, including all the previous lives of Moria that Xaiver and Magento have knowledge of, well, I feel like they're justified this, and so much more.

Although this issue seems like a big change, I wonder how much of it matters in the context of year 1000? Meaning, the goal isn’t to establish a mutant nation and force others to accept trade treaties, etc. The goal seems to be to create a catalog worthy of ascension. With that in mind, why the resurrections?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    No, they want him back. I hope he does return.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1172003737289875456
    First Bendis Now Gillen. Hickman has me worried given the writers he seems to like / follow. Whew.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    EDIT: Found it.

Attachment 87260
    Thanks, I remember part of that, but wondered if there was more. Just that little conversation tells us it is more than just recognition as we have already seen how the amnesty clause has been a concern.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Between all the people present Wolverine has the best butt
    Wolvie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    I'm confused by all this talk about them being a cult.
    To me, it's them embracing the culture they are in the process of forming.
    They're different from humans. Why not act differently.

Also, and maybe it's just because I'm a terrible person? But so far, I feel like every choice they made with the exception of the Emma mind control, has been justified.
    At a glance, probably not, but if taken within the context of everything we witnessed mutants go through, because of humans since the X-Men started in 1963, including all the previous lives of Moria that Xaiver and Magento have knowledge of, well, I feel like they're justified this, and so much more.
    I agree they are embracing that they are a separate species and in order to survive they have to do things that fall in line with survival. It’s not a cult they are a unified people that have decided to put the interest of their species first...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said, but when it comes to the point where no human even wants to talk to a mutant, how can they acknowledge human relatives or friends that are nonexistent? There's the point of view that so many humans have treated mutants badly that the mutants couldn't even distinguish anymore. The mutant will try to tell themselves that "not all humans are like that", but when asked point blank which human isn't, they probably couldn't even think of a single name.

When every human a mutant meets tells him cruelly to get lost without even an introduction, at some point the mutant will just lump them in all together. As someone who had trouble getting friends/dates after reaching the working world, I know all too well that the extent of trying to make connections often ends in you receiving "I don't know you" and after a while it all runs together.
    You say that like it's an excuse. It's not.

When mutants stop judging humans as individuals and just as "the humans", they're doing the same thing that racist, anti-mutant humans have done to them. In other words, they're just as bad as their oppressors.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Although this issue seems like a big change, I wonder how much of it matters in the context of year 1000? Meaning, the goal isn’t to establish a mutant nation and force others to accept trade treaties, etc. The goal seems to be to create a catalog worthy of ascension. With that in mind, why the resurrections?
    I think its pretty much life 6 and the phalanx rejects them which gives Charles and Moira the idea of the mutant collective which can rival even that of the phalanx. Powers of X (an unknown, potentially limitless amount of mutants working as one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    First Bendis Now Gillen. Hickman has me worried given the writers he seems to like / follow.
    Well, I don't think he can help but love Bendis, since, as Hickman himself said, he's the one that got him his first "real gig" at Marvel. It's hard to be impartial when it comes to your friends.

With Gillen, it might be the same. I wouldn't put much stock into it for now lol

Did anyone else make the connection between the five and the scene where the phoenix five arrived. Even hopes costume was very Phoenix five to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think its pretty much life 6 and the phalanx rejects them which gives Charles and Moira the idea of the mutant collective which can rival even that of the phalanx. Powers of X (an unknown, potentially limitless amount of mutants working as one.
    Interesting take. I wasn’t sure the attempt at ascension failed and/or it was no longer the long-term goal. So it sounds like they are attempting to emulate Phalanax characteristics?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well, I don't think he can help but love Bendis, since, as Hickman himself said, he's the one that got him his first "real gig" at Marvel. It's hard to be impartial when it comes to your friends.

With Gillen, it might be the same. I wouldn't put much stock into it for now lol
    I don't mind, long as he doesn't write either of my other two favorites given his idols. lol

Then again, Kelly Thompson already has one of them, and I am not optimistic with her at the moment. Hopefully I'll be wrong for once when it comes to disappointment.