Page 7 of 161 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 2404
  1. #91
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Naked, flying Angel should be in every issue.
    Yes!
    10char

  2. #92
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    My baby Evan is about to have an interesting week.

  3. #93
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think she was the girl that showed up during Bendis run as a baddie, she controlled red constructs. But I do not remember her name.
    That would be Animax.

  4. #94
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I foolishly barely considered that.

    The real question here is why is Proteus onboard but #1 indicates Legion/David is not yet aligned with the mutants?
    They said his powers were causing his mental destabilization so it makes sense he would align himself with a place that can replace his body and basically keep him sane. It's like he's body polar and the replacement is his meds. Also now that he's hive minding with the others of the five (now that i think about it is this hope's new five lights? Didn't they feel drawn to her and follow her around. ) he has friends.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  5. #95
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Great issue! A few random thoughts:

    --Pretty much everyone suspected the strike team would be resurrected via Sinister's mutant DNA database, but the way it was actually pulled off is infinitely more interesting than I could have imagined. Also provides a pretty easy out so that death is a real possibility again given their reliance on the 5.

    --Jean's remark about there having only ever been one of her seems like a passive aggressive remark about Madelyne?

    --I wonder what the implications of the resurrection process are for Moira--could they, feasibly, keep her from resetting on death if her consciousness is returned to a cloned body?

  6. #96
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also now that he's hive minding with the others of the five (now that i think about it is this hope's new five lights? Didn't they feel drawn to her and follow her around.
    Yep, it's what Hope does apparently. As for the old Lights, Transonic and the rest of those characters I can't be bothered to remember stay left on read.

  7. #97
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    747

    Default

    This issue establishes that having your mind/memories copied into a cloned body and having your soul transferred to it keeps you the exact same person as before.

    The logic of this should put a certain retcon to bed for good. lol

  8. #98
    Astonishing Member AHRNIHAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yep, it's what Hope does apparently. As for the old Lights, Transonic and the rest of those characters I can't be bothered to remember stay left on read.
    Aren't they six including hope?
    "...For you to die you would have to be forgotten and no one forgets a founder of a nation..."

  9. #99
    Spectacular Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    That would be Animax.
    Right! Thanks.

  10. #100
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,981

    Default

    Love that Hope finally got a new costume and she has her own mini team that she leads

  11. #101
    Astonishing Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,026

    Default

    In regard to the resurrections i would argue those saying they are clones would mean Jean herself has always been a clone. Whether it is her hatching out of a phoenix egg or a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean healing a body that was completely destroyed. The five are doing no different than creating a phoenix egg that they are then incubating and reviving mutants. It's like embueing everyone with the phoenix force, something Hope did at one point possess as well. So i don't think they are clones, some how the mutant soul must imprint on their x-gene.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  12. #102
    Incredible Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    730

    Default

    It would have been fun if the Lights were doing the resurrections. It would have given them a purpose.

    But their powers are bit unrelated to this.

  13. #103
    Spectacular Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In regard to the resurrections i would argue those saying they are clones would mean Jean herself has always been a clone. Whether it is her hatching out of a phoenix egg or a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean healing a body that was completely destroyed. The five are doing no different than creating a phoenix egg that they are then incubating and reviving mutants. It's like embueing everyone with the phoenix force, something Hope did at one point possess as well. So i don't think they are clones, some how the mutant soul must imprint on their x-gene.
    Was Maddie really a clon? Or was she a duplicate Jean?

  14. #104
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,981

    Default

    so they not gonna give these people clothes? I didnt like how they were paraded around there naked

  15. #105
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Also, Magneto's line "They should have killed us when they had the chance" felt like a callback to Ian McKellen telling Stryker the same in X2. But with the obvious transition from 'killed me' to 'killed us,' fitting with the 'society' theme.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •