Page 42 of 161 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why is Emplate there?

The guy eats mutants.

That's his power. Not people, specifically mutants
    Marrow and Emplate are the next cloak and dagger

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Marrow and Emplate are the next cloak and dagger
    Makes sense. They have just the right amount of psycho between the both of them to work out.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Because they are basically sounding like villains at this point.

Hickman is pushing them in to beyond Bendis level world conquerors. They're going to get kicked out at this point for being aggressively forward in their 'we are superior' stuff. However justified you may feel it is.
    I dont see how this is different from house of M or the Phoenix 5 really....

Its like... xfans need a win so bad well just become evil followers of Magneto and apocalypse.

And... of course Hickman's favorite self-insert"

THE MAKER.

Its hits me than this is almost beat for beat his
    Children of tomorrow storyline from Ultimate Comics...

anybody catch that
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sounding like villains? Have we been reading the same books?
    Agreed. Jean was saying how important it was to keep casualties to a minimum on the sun mission. Are there shades of grey with all of this? Of course, such is life. But calling the mutants world conquerors and villains is, to me, a stretch. At least for now. Let's see how this all plays out. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be thinking about peaceful co-existence if a vaccine was created to make sure more of me were never born.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Sounding like villains? Have we been reading the same books?
    This issue literally starts with Polaris talking about hating humanity. Xavier just made pals with Apocalypse and Exodus. Storm sounds like she is leading an extremist terror cell with the indoctrination ratcheted up.

That's a long way from sounds like heroes...
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    It is hard to accept that these "re-birthed" versions are the real deal when the concept of a soul has already been a pretty significant factor in some of the X-Men's history...Illyana & Kurt spring to mind.

Hell, Magik created a weapon out of her soul! The first half of New Mutants Vol 3 revolves around Illyana trying to get the lost pieces of her soul back.
    I think we know that Marvel has soula of some sort.

This whole thing actually reminds me not only pf what's happened in Spiderman, but also Loki.

Loki is reincarnated after he dies, he is usually treated as a different character. However, the new one has a personality based off of a cosmic copy of the others. The old Loki died and a new one took its place. So regardless of what Xavier and Magneto think, it's really hard to see them as right here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I dont see how this is different from house of M or the Phoenix 5 really....

Its like... xfans need a win so bad well just become evil followers of Magneto and apocalypse.
    And Apocalypse sounds like the less horrifying.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And Apocalypse sounds like the less horrifying.
    Edited my post. It's the maker reliving the children of tomorrow storyline beat for beat
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    They haven't really doing anything villainous yet. Their wrecking of the pharmaceutical industry is arguably one of the most heroic things they've ever done.
    This. So far they’ve:

• Destroyed an AI that, as soon as it was turned on, became hellbent on killing all mutants and humans
    • Destabilized Big Pharma
    • Gotten world-ending mutant villains off the humans’ lawn

.You think you're going to stop the singularity forever?

Only if there are no more humans...
    This is the Mutant Singularity. What happens when the people with diverse uncanny powers begin to work together in unexpected ways? Resurrection is only the beginning.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It's weird how Mutants even hinting at having any kind of pride in their identity makes it seem like they're villains. I guess it's not that different than the real world after all. As of now, Mutants have one small island, they've extended human lifespans AND eliminated the threat from every major Mutant villain. They've done more for humanity than 50 previous years of X-Men comics combined.

It's nothing like House of M as all humans remain free. And frankly the Phoenix Five was great until the Avengers started attacking them (as Reed even pointed out to them).

This issue literally starts with Polaris talking about hating humanity. Xavier just made pals with Apocalypse and Exodus. Storm sounds like she is leading an extremist terror cell with the indoctrination ratcheted up.

What I'm seeing is the mutants building a society as Magneto said. Remember, a death machine was just built by the sun that caused the lives of a powerful team of X-Men trying to dismantle it (and not kill humans). Not to mention the recent vaccine. So if Lorna and Erik were saying these things out of nowhere, I would understand where you're coming from. But the whole concept of Krakoa and the resurrections are surely from Moira having to die a whole bunch of times to learn that the mutants will always be hunted and eventually exterminated. This is what the book says.

Extraordinary Member

Xavier promising Emma something bigger than a province due his much bolder plans.

Extraordinary Member

Edited my post. It's the maker reliving the children of tomorrow storyline beat for beat
    Oh...Oh dear God it is.

Dammit, Hickman does like to save time.

Mighty Member

Oh, no question. HoX/PoX is definitely Hickman's most by the numbers(Hickman's numbers, but still the numbers) storyline.