Page 50 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Legion's status was "unknown" in the omega mutants list so hes definitely not in Krakoa.

The resurrection is show like a ritual.
    The Five are worship like saviors
    Ororo acts like a televangelist.

It's clear Hickman's intention of make it a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This is insane. When I posted earlier this was at like page 17. You blink at there are 49 pages of material to get through now lol.
    Haha, that was me this morning. I think my post showed up 10 pages later.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also i would say a group of people singing the same song and then getting mad at one person for not singing that song because they don't feel their country represents them in the best way is far more cultish than what we see here.
    Lol I joked somewhere else that the next time this is exactly what's going to happen.

The thing is that they haven't shown anyone being opposed to anything that is happening at all. There's no disagreement about anything.

It will be interesting to see that play out with the "Villains" showing up, but again, the cult thing is very much in the fact that everyone is just willing to go along with everything. Some of these characters wouldn't be so quick to accept what is going on. Even wolverine was shown to be far to docile about those mutants showing up, but hey, I guess you don't bite the hand that resurrects you right?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Right. It was disheartening to see people focus on "death already doesn't matter in comic books" or "this makes death pointless" stuff, rather than see the new storytelling opportunities this provides. Fortunately, they number few.

Other ideas off the cuff: What if someone who was revived is conflicted about their authenticity?

What about the cosmic side of things? I imagine certain god(esses) (of death) will have an opinion about not receiving mutant souls. They might also have an opinion about losing souls they've had as Xavier plucks them out of the afterlife. (The language has been about backing-up essences of people like data, but we also know in the MU that there are souls and afterlives, so how might that figure into things?) Hela is quite familiar with the X-Men, and a Krakoan has served as a Valkyrie, so that call's probably coming.

I don't know. I mind reels.
    I guarantee you there were probably writers pitching that for the 2nd wave,I loved this issue, it was weird as hell but awesome, and takes this in a new direction that can lead to soooo many possibilities. They kind of mimicked moira's power slightly with this. I wonder where she is and what she thinks of all of this. I'm just excited about the future of mutants in general, everything feels so wide open, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Legion's status was "unknown" in the omega mutants list so hes definitely not in Krakoa.
    Didn't he retcon himself out of existence? Or did they retcon that?

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    He's had a Peter Milligan mini series since then plus appeared as one of the main characters in Disassembled.

I think each of the omega mutants on the list are important. I'm hopeful we'll see him eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    He was a major figure in Disassembled and Age of X-man

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Right. It was disheartening to see people focus on "death already doesn't matter in comic books" or "this makes death pointless" stuff, rather than see the new storytelling opportunities this provides. Fortunately, they number few.

Other ideas off the cuff: What if someone who was revived is conflicted about their authenticity?

What about the cosmic side of things? I imagine certain god(esses) (of death) will have an opinion about not receiving mutant souls. They might also have an opinion about losing souls they've had as Xavier plucks them out of the afterlife. (The language has been about backing-up essences of people like data, but we also know in the MU that there are souls and afterlives, so how might that figure into things?) Hela is quite familiar with the X-Men, and a Krakoan has served as a Valkyrie, so that call's probably coming.

I don't know. I mind reels.
    Except I'm not sure any of the death gods actually lose out on souls here. This whole way actually is rather interesting because it seems at least partially designed to fool those who might care and let them think that's nothing wrong for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Lol I joked somewhere else that the next time this is exactly what's going to happen.

The thing is that they haven't shown anyone being opposed to anything that is happening at all. There's no disagreement about anything.

It will be interesting to see that play out with the "Villains" showing up, but again, the cult thing is very much in the fact that everyone is just willing to go along with everything. Some of these characters wouldn't be so quick to accept what is going on. Even wolverine was shown to be far to docile about those mutants showing up, but hey, I guess you don't bite the hand that resurrects you right?
    I can see i though. If you have been in a revolving door of murder and experiments what do you have to lose.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    It will be interesting to see that play out with the "Villains" showing up, but again, the cult thing is very much in the fact that everyone is just willing to go along with everything.
    For now, anyway. But I'm sure people will be speaking up soon.

Now, when will Rictor be killed and resurrected so I can enjoy his glorious, naked return?

Storm is like Ezekiel from the Boys

Small thought. Is it confirmed Scott has control of his powers again or are we suppose think Xavier was holding back his blasts. I would go with control because i've only ever seen Jean stop his power and he always acted like she was doing something nigh impossible.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Storm is like Ezekiel from the Boys
    Storm also gives the rebirths qualification. Throughout her entire existence in marvel she has been known to sense the life force within people and things so having the goddess say they are real makes it very believable. She is connected to life and nature.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Small thought. Is it confirmed Scott has control of his powers again or are we suppose think Xavier was holding back his blasts. I would go with control because i've only ever seen Jean stop his power and he always acted like she was doing something nigh impossible.
    Good point...I guess it depends on his copy