Page 66 of 161 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Does no one wonder how long they have collected DNA? If they can bring back Vulcan, it's not something recent.
    From Day One.

I'm pretty sure that's the ultimate reason for the Moira retcon; to have an impetus for this stuff from the beginning. Hickman said the point of making Moira a mutant was to make something later in the series easier to swallow. Pretty sure this is it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...orth-spoilers/

These are all just plot devices to tell a particular story. And while I hate to say this now as we’re only three issues into a twelve issue story, what we’re doing in the X-books isn’t a story about reincarnation. That’s just a plot device we stuck in there to make the first act retcon go down easier.
    The retcon, I believe, being "Xavier, Magneto and Sinister have been cataloguing all mutant DNA and minds the entire time we've known them".

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    This was a very interesting issue. You can tell a lot of thought went into this whole resurrection/immortality process.

Art was beautiful! I loved disheveled Monet. Paige needs to watch out though, she was sporting Illyana's signature bangs & length.

Also, what the hell was up with cult leader Ororo? Seemed very OOC :confused
    :
    That's because this isn't the Storm, nor the X-men, we know. These mutants from this lifetime are something far different than 616.
    And that is how I know a reset will happen because, and this is just me, but this issue is just giving me bad vibes all over the place.
    Something bad is coming over the horizon, I can feel it.
    The fact the Frost manipulated the UN representatives or that they list anyone who doesn't take their side as Adversarial (Wakanda being showed up as big red alert doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies) or the fact that they have people like Selene, Emplate, Sinister and Apocalypse there is just many examples of this.
    Hell, the way they say "human" is giving me the creeps all over the place...i can just tell Moira will reset one more time.

They already mention redundancy for the five with Mimic and Synch. Plus they have Reaper aka Rogue around. We all know the story isn't meant to be permanent between Krakoa, Cerebro and the five they are enough elements that can be taken away and things are back to normal dying. Let us just sit back and enjoy the beautiful mess that is Xavier, Apocalypse, Magneto, Mr Sinister and nearly every single X-villain and every strong X-men leader living on a island and those personalities clashing. They are 100s of stories that can be used from this set up.

Also lets sit back and give Hickman praise because he has restore the X-men franchise to completeness. Almost every character in the franchise history is available for use which is great. X-men had a villain problem and now every villain is alive or will be alive again and now writers just have sit down and flesh them out after this storyline is over. And Hickman did it with rebooting everything plus going forward you can already see they will be emphasis on dead being dead in the future. Even if you don't for some reason like the run so far the big picture stuff that Hickman has done is amazing.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-18-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think Moira resetting things is only one possibility and it seems more like Hickman's Red Button in case things aren't well received. If they are, then I think Moira will likely realized that she screwed things up and she can't reset things again.

The resurrection process as described doesn't really bug me. It sounds a lot like old argument about the transporters in Star Trek - in that case, the machine takes you apart on a molecular level, then reassembles you from a stored pattern. And it's really up to POV if the person who reappears is the original or a manufactured duplicate of the person who died on the transporter pad.

Anyway, I loved this issue and seeing mutants wholeheartedly embrace their otherness. I don't for a second trust Pocky and most of the others who showed up at the door, but waiting for the next shoe to drop is part of the fun. As often as the X-Men have been stabbed in the back by the likes of Creed, Mystique, etc., I hope they have some failsafes set up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The resurrection process as described doesn't really bug me. It sounds a lot like old argument about the transporters in Star Trek - in that case, the machine takes you apart on a molecular level, then reassembles you from a stored pattern. And it's really up to POV if the person who reappears is the original or a manufactured duplicate of the person who died on the transporter pad.

Anyway, I loved this issue and seeing mutants wholeheartedly embrace their otherness. I don't for a second trust Pocky and most of the others who showed up at the door, but waiting for the next shoe to drop is part of the fun. As often as the X-Men have been stabbed in the back by the likes of Creed, Mystique, etc., I hope they have some failsafes set up.
    We know not to trust the villains. It's the heroes I'm afraid of.

BANNED

Now that Mutants have their own nation with every amenity imaginable what possible reason would they have to ever leave Krakoa? I mean baseline humans can't get there and they have ample defences against aerial attack. What are they gonna do -- kidnap mutant teenagers from their parents and friends? I simply refuse to believe "all" baseline human parents hate their mutant offspring(s) -- its illogical even in a fictional realm such as Earth-616.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-18-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Now that Mutants have their own nation with every amenity imaginable what possible reason would they have to ever leave Krakoa? I mean baseline humans can't get there and they have ample defences against aerial attack. What are they gonna do -- kidnap mutant teenagers from their parents and friends? I simply refuse to believe "all" baseline human parents hate their mutant offspring(s) -- its illogical even in a fictional realm such as Earth-616.
    I don't think there's been much implication that Krakoa is something they'd force upon people anymore than they did with the idea of attending the School.

People need a change of scenery every once in a while. And weather. Ororo isn't going to be wasting her time controlling the weather all the time, and the place is a tropical island. It's gonna get hot and humid. What if you like snow? Sand? What about regional foods?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    They didn't kidnap Franklin so it is safe to say that,The X-men aren't going to be kidnapping people. In issue one Jean Grey stated in the rules that human could come in with a mutants through the portals. So we can assume they could make offers for the family to move to Krakoa for the children's safety. Is Krakoa all mutants? They have some options which is will make for good comic stories. The Moral grey Worse case scenario they can leave mutant with parents,Let what always happens in Marvel happens and resurrect them on the island. I mean there isn't as big worry with Cerebro is backing up every known mutant. Interesting new world of X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They didn't kidnap Franklin so it is safe to say that,The X-men aren't going to be kidnapping people.
    It's not that the X-Men won't kidnap Franklin. It's that the X-Men would be stupid to try.

Kidnapping a random mutant teen from Botswana is one thing. Kidnapping the most powerful being on Earth who lives with the Fantastic Four? A being whose genius sister can get her Uncle Doom to do almost anything for her? Even if the X-Men were to kidnap Frankie, they'd have one Hell of a time keeping him when the combined might of the FF, Avengers, Inhumans, every other non-mutant superteam, and a few cosmic beings come knocking on Krakoa's front beach... not to mention, again, that he's the most powerful being on Earth.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-18-2019 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It's not that the X-Men won't kidnap Franklin. It's that the X-Men would be stupid to try.

Kidnapping a random mutant teen from Botswana is one thing. Kidnapping the most powerful being on Earth who lives with the Fantastic Four? A being whose genius sister can get her Uncle Doom to do almost anything for her? Even if the X-Men were to kidnap Frankie, they'd have one Hell of a time keeping him when the combined might of the FF, Avengers, Inhumans, every other non-mutant superteam, and a few cosmic beings come knocking on Krakoa's front beach... not to mention, again, that he's the most powerful being on Earth.
    Didn't stop Xavier (I mean Onslaught ) in the 1990s.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I don't think Hickman really gets the motives of some of these villains. Selene wouldn't join, Apocalypse never wanted mutant dominance, but for onlythe strong to exist, and I hope Sinister has ulterior motives, otherwise...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That's because this isn't the Storm, nor the X-men, we know. These mutants from this lifetime are something far different than 616.
    And that is how I know a reset will happen because, and this is just me, but this issue is just giving me bad vibes all over the place.
    The fact the Frost manipulated the UN representatives or that they list anyone who doesn't take their side as Adversarial (Wakanda being showed up as big red alert doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies) or the fact that they have people like Selene, Emplate, Sinister and Apocalypse there is just many examples of this.
    Hell, the way they say "human" is giving me the creeps all over the place...i can just tell Moira will reset one more time.
    I hate to break it to you, but other comics (like Invaders last week) have references the current situation. This is 616, or else a bunch of other comics are now also existing in this alternate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It is real alright. I think that is the whole thing they were proving with the friends hug of Ororo and Jean, as well as proving Monet is the Monet we all knew and so on. So, this is reality now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Didn't stop Xavier (I mean Onslaught ) in the 1990s.
    Followed by an all-out assault of the aforementioned groups to free him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'