Page 70 of 161 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2405

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    As I said earlier bad people do bad things, big surprise.
    Maybe putting good people instead of bad people in charge would have done a world of good for everyone at O.N.E, I don't think anyone would dispute the notion.
    Be that as it may, if you consider bad sapiens like Callahan who corrupted that initiative as the template from which sapiens need to be dealt with, surely sapiens should be doing the same with bad mutants, which gives even more of a reason for them to include Sentinels in their defence programs.

The X-Men are humans too, that sentence makes no sense as is.
    They are Mutants and identify as mutants not human.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I don't like how they made Hope's power so damn important. I never understood that she could sync powers or amplify them or whatever they are saying.

Also: how do they explain that Marvel Girl looked like a child with no experience at all?
    That was never a thing. That was just a bunch of fans screeching into the void because they didn't like how Jean was written in HoX #4. As we can tell from this issue she's very much all woman.

As a mutant on Krakoa, I would've been totally fine until Emplate and Selene rolled up. Hell and No!
    My first question: Um, where are these two staying on the island cuz I need to be away from these two weirdos at all times!!

When resurrected do they come back without vaccinations and immunity

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    As a mutant on Krakoa, I would've been totally fine until Emplate and Selene rolled up. Hell and No!
    My first question: Um, where are these two staying on the island cuz I need to be away from these two weirdos at all times!!
    If I was a mutant on Krakoa I would not have any of my comic book knowledge so I would not even know who Emplate and Selene are lol.

Dazzler is with Mortis most likely and they're keeping Wither, Magma and her from Selene

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    If I was a mutant on Krakoa I would not have any of my comic book knowledge so I would not even know who Emplate and Selene are lol.
    True, but Monet better tell everybody! Emplate walked in like he was walking into the buffet at Golden Corral. Larraz should've just drawn a bib on him.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    They are Mutants and identify as mutants not human.
    I can identify myself as a 7 feet tall Teddy Bear if I want, I'll still factually be a human being at the end of the day. Mutants are humans. Sapiens are humans. They are two sister branches from the same human tree, no matter the rhetoric being used by supremacists on both sides.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They could, they have a nation to protect now, if they want to make robots to protect themselves, good for them? There's zero issue in having tools and weapons at disposal to protect yourself, especially on this scale. Zero.
    The only Reason why I Don't think mutants would go for this kind of weapons is because mutants already ARE Tools and weapons in themselves. Sapiens aren't born with powers like mutants are, that's why they need to build and create their Tools and their weapons, that's all.
    And custody? Let's not kid ourselves, Xavier just welcomed the likes of Apocalypse, Selene and Emplate with open arms, there's no way Sabertooth is sitting in a prison on that island while this happen. He was even giddy being able to go away from this court with Frost because he knew perfectly well I wouldn't be punished for anything on Krakoa, he was on a "mission", wasn't he?
    As for Orchis, they are a rogue organisation, they and their plans needed to go.
    Doesn't mean no one should use Sentinels from now on. They are needed as deterrent to mutants going rogue, especially with the anti-sapien/ pro-mutant zealotry that seems to be developping on Krakoa.
    Their A.I. goes rogue? Again, Skynet cliché. Stark can create an A.I. while he sleeps, so can dozens of people in 616. The A.I. can be removed and the Sentinel made a drone to be piloted by an individual instead, we know it's a thing too... The A.I. become Skynet is a false issue.
    Even as an hypothetical, intellectual exercise, my point stands: sapiens needs to be able to protect themselves against rogue mutants, because there is bound to be rogue mutants in that crowd of Kraked if I dare say, the same way mutants will need to be able to defend their land now against rogue sapiens or invaders in general. Fair is fair.
    Just like real life nobody should use Nukes, Nobody should use sentinels in MU. period. We have seen the results.

And to be clear intellectual exercise doesn't hold up every A.I has been corrupted in Marvel by either outside system or itself going bad ,Yet here you are suggesting it. Humans are in as much danger from Robots as they are from mutants.The stance Mutants are "threat" is way different, Stance from Bad mutants are a threat. We know the stance is bs because where is the Sentinel program for Thor what logical reason do people have to believe that "god beings" aren't going to kill them how many invasions from Asgard and other Gods are they? What is the human protection program against Thor and Hulk? Why isn't their indiscriminate program against superhumans. Why do Humans have the common sense to know not all superhumans are bad, but not all mutants are bad. Why is counter measures for Thor and Hulk not good enough for "bad mutants". Humans already have countermeasure for mutants. It is called Shield and the Avengers. And they handle stuff on a case by case way not group everybody together as threat in stupid racist manner. They are no sentinel programs for Alien invasions which have happened multiple times or God invasions which has happens multiple times. Heck there isn't Sentinel Program for Atlantis who repeatedly attack the surface. Mutants aren't even on top of the scale for attacks against humanity but mutants have demand specific answer while other threat don't.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-19-2019 at 04:41 AM.

I'd expect Hickman to have already thought out some mutant "Megan's Law." No way you can have some of those villains just there without people having no information about what they've done or can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Just like real life nobody should use Nukes, Nobody should use sentinels in MU. period. We have seen the results.

And to be clear intellectual exercise doesn't hold up every A.I has been corrupted in Marvel by either outside system or itself going bad ,Yet here you are suggesting it. Humans are in as much danger from Robots as they are from mutants.The stance Mutants are "threat" is way different, Stance from Bad mutants are a threat. We know the stance is bs because where is the Sentinel program for Thor what logical reason do people have to believe that "god beings" aren't going to kill them how many invasions from Asgard are they? What is the human protection program against Thor and Hulk? Why isn't their indiscriminate program against superhumans. Why do Humans have the common sense to not all superhumans are bad, but not all mutants are bad. Why is counter measures for Thor and Hulk not good enough for "bad mutants". Humans already have countermeasure for mutants. It is called Shield and the Avengers. And they handle stuff on a case by case way not group everybody together as threat in stupid racist manner. They are no sentinel programs for Alien invasions which have happened multiple times or God invasions which has happens multiple times. Heck there isn't Sentinel Program for Atlantis who repeatedly attack the surface. Mutants aren't even on top of the scale for attacks against humanity but mutants have a specific answer
    The only reason people even hate Mutants is because of the Media. Sunspot kind of had a point when he said join the Avengers to be loved and adored but join the X-Men to be feared and hated Mutants simply suffer from a branding issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    True, but Monet better tell everybody! Emplate walked in like he was walking into the buffet at Golden Corral. Larraz should've just drawn a bib on him.
    Just park Selene and Emplate in Cannibal Cove offshore with a mountain of husks and call it a day

I'm still wondering if Synch is back thinking it's still like 1999 bumping '90s R&B.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Just park Selene and Emplate in Cannibal Cove offshore with a mountain of husks and call it a day

I'm still wondering if Synch is back thinking it's still like 1999 bumping '90s R&B.
    I think part of Selene' s appetite is about the screams of the victim. No husk will satiate her.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also Selene is like 3 times older then Apocalypse. Yet he seems like he has travelled more. I hope to see them interact
    It must of been retconned at this point. Apocalypse is clearly the first mutant according to this series. They should retell Apocalypse orgin story. Maybe have him grow up 1000s of years before Egypt, but make his Egyptian days important by implying this is when he discovered Alien tech and developed his core beliefs.

Astonishing Member

I don't know why people are trying to make it seem like Xavier wants to take over the world. It's outlined pretty well that the future security and sovereignty of Krakoa is reliant on the diplomatic relations with the human governments as well as their ability to produce the drugs that the humans want.
    Last edited by loke13; 09-19-2019 at 05:05 AM.