Page 15 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    As a reality warper, couldn't Proteus just create cloned bodies on his own? Like when Jamie Braddock created a body for Psylocke?
    But the bodies aren't being cloned. It's the same concept as Moira's consciousness going back to the womb when she dies. Where her body already exists in her mother's womb the mutant bodies don't exist. So in a way Moira's powers show that the mutant body in conjunction with their psyche is connected. So they are literally recreating the x-men as fetus' and forcing their consciousness back into it as oppose to how MOira's power does it automatically.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Like i said in another thread. If this is cult like mentality then every last political rally that ever was is a cult. This is a nation forming and it's people rallying behind something good that just happened.
    The difference there is in the way the scene is framed. The team are basically placed on display for everyone with Storm giving a speech in a way that doesn’t remotely sound like her. And just in the robotic way that each of the resurrected responds to Storm’s question of confirmation, it feels more like a response programmed in than any kind of actual human response. We’ve seen unity before, but it was never unnerving like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I have totally missed the point/connection people said the is with set up X-Force and Marauders.
    Maybe I just must the hints.

Fun fact is that Goldballs have been throwing eggs to peeps without anyone ever getting dirty.

Though I do think one of the Five will not make it out of HoX. My guess would be Proteus as he has a strong bound with Moira, the main character of this event.

I hope the Krakoa remains to be the mutant nation though. Judging from the #1 covers of DoX, I might get my wish granted.

Love that Hope gets to be the MUTANT MESSIAH once more, as that is what she basically is now again.
    I didnt notice the connection to X-Force either, but as for the Marauders when Emma tells X to compensate her with either a gift or to make her governor of a province. X states that as for her second option he has things in mind for her already
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Just thinking about the number of OP heroes and villains in one place makes me in awe and the pure amount of chaos they are likely going to give us going forward.

Also people, they aren't going to be killing off people willy nilly. They do still have to make danger a real thing in these books. There is PLENTY they can still do here to make us uneasy as readers...

Hickman has proceeded to give us X-Fans everything we've ever hoped and still manage to make us uncomfortable with the idea as it unfolds. Genius.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

OOOh. So, she was quoting herself from their discussion back in Inferno!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Just thinking about the number of OP heroes and villains in one place makes me in awe and the pure amount of chaos they are likely going to give us going forward.

Also people, they aren't going to be killing off people willy nilly. They do still have to make danger a real thing in these books. There is PLENTY they can still do here to make us uneasy as readers...

Hickman has proceeded to give us X-Fans everything we've ever hoped and still manage to make us uncomfortable with the idea as it unfolds. Genius.
    Saw your avatar and it made me think:

Yana's prolly kicking herself in the shin. If she waited just a tad bit longer, she wouldn't have had to go through the trouble of collecting her soul fragments xD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Ooh I almost forgot. This explains why Jean couldn't stop the TP link to Earth to fight back. Xavier needed to know whether or not they were dying to avoid duplicate issues (it is made clear they cannot resurrect people they're not sure are dead).

Plus Xavier might have been using her to download their memories of the mission.
    Yeah, I also think now that Jean was maintaining a complete uplink of everyone at the last moment so as many memories as possible would be transferred into the Cerebro storage for preservation. This tells me that the telepaths are probably all going to rotate on missions to ensure that everyone's mental engrams, anima, soul, etc... is always backed up during a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I'm okay this & I'm hypocritical.

"Who am I?"
    raises hand- "Hypocritical"
    hehe, you should change your board name to "Hypocritical" now!

This story also kind of explains how Xavier was still alive on the astral plane despite the fact that the Red skull was running around with his brain in his head. He just needed the body, also explains why he turned fantomex body into a version of his own when he took it over. Come to think of it Proteus was also in that Astonishing run.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-18-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

I live for Jean Grey and Storm

Cool that Synch is back but I need my NXAX kids back , Repower Aero , Prodigy and Wind Dancer plus resurrect DJ , Dryad and Icarus

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Saw your avatar and it made me think:

Yana's prolly kicking herself in the shin. If she waited just a tad bit longer, she wouldn't have had to go through the trouble of collecting her soul fragments xD
    Yana also makes me wonder about the "best version of themselves" comment. Make sense with Jean, but looking at the New Mutants cover she's wearing a more modest outfit and carrying a different sword. Could it be that she's no longer affiliated with Limbo and basically just a teleporter who knows how to use a sword now? They established that they can age her egg to the time when she's of age to manifest mutant powers but it would skip the entire Belasco kidnapping and teaching her dark arts? Would she remember how to use magic? Is there a Darkchilde version of her still stomping around the military base while the pod person her remains "normal?"

Hope,.... The MUTANT MESSIAH once more...!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Yana also makes me wonder about the "best version of themselves" comment. Make sense with Jean, but looking at the New Mutants cover she's wearing a more modest outfit and carrying a different sword. Could it be that she's no longer affiliated with Limbo and basically just a teleporter who knows how to use a sword now? They established that they can age her egg to the time when she's of age to manifest mutant powers but it would skip the entire Belasco kidnapping and teaching her dark arts? Would she remember how to use magic? Is there a Darkchilde version of her still stomping around the military base while the pod person her remains "normal?"
    I assume that Yana's still proficient with magic so she has more skills beyond teleportation, but maybe going Darkchilde is out of the picture now.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

How is Jean's Marvel Girl (go-go mini skirt) the best version of herself!? LOL

I mean I liked that version of Jean, but there are so many better versions-- Phoenix, X-Factor, New X-Men, Teen Jean, Red....Hell, even 90's.

I wonder if the magnetic "Ghosts" from Genosha Polaris was haunted by in Morrison run will come into play. Xavier was the one who calmed her mind.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.