Page 24 of 161 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Actually, I think some posters believe it's impossible for a clone to have a soul. I disagree, a clone is born with the spark of life and thus a soul. The Cuckoos, Nate Grey, Laura, Ben Reilly, Kaine, they all have souls.

The issue with Madelyne Pryor is that Sinister was trying to duplicate the essence of Jean's power and was having no luck with that. I suspect he was trying to duplicate the connection to the Phoenix force when he created Madelyne and she did get a shard of the Phoenix Force when it sent a portion of itself to cocoon Jean which split and a part went to Madelyne, and the core force then bonded with Rachel.

I think Madelyne has a soul too, it's just that Sinister wanted to accomplish more than just creating a clone, he wanted her to have Jean's connection to the cosmic Phoenix force too and that was the part he was having trouble creating.
    Not at all. The point is that Krakoan society might frown upon clones of living people. At this point only ethics stop them from creating batch after batch of Wolverines and use them as cannon fodder.

Would sinister be able to make a chimera with the 5s powers

For all the fretting I'm seeing about the 05 being pod people, folks tend to forget the numerous times Xavier had a cloned body on standby just in case things went south. Overall, I like the developments and having a proper mutant nation since Utopia and Genosha (Magneto Rex). That being said: This is gonna lead to krakoa getting razed by the Avengers/U.S. Government down the line, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Would sinister be able to make a chimera with the 5s powers
    I think in some chart it was said that Chimeras with more than one Omega code are highly unstable. Probably those were the kind of Chimeras who went crazy during life 9.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    For all the fretting I'm seeing about the 05 being pod people, folks tend to forget the numerous times Xavier had a cloned body on standby just in case things went south. Overall, I like the developments and having a proper mutant nation since Utopia and Genosha (Magneto Rex). That being said: This is gonna lead to krakoa getting razed by the Avengers/U.S. Government down the line, isn't it?
    James Cameron won't be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Let Wanda come. Guy fawkes won't just be a British thing

Selene will host orgies and parties and consume willing mutants. She'll be Krakoa's resident Maryanne Forrester. <3

Are we sure that's Selene? She looks... more dressed than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It is her Brian Woods costume with the skull I'm her hand

QUESTION (sorry if this was already discussed/proposed)

IF/WHEN they go and resurrect mutants long dead ..... with the option to, we'll say "customize" their optimal state, WHO decides how/when to age them and HOW do said resurrected folk react to such decision making on their behalf???

If a teen is resurrected, are they brought back AS the age they were when lost? Or are they cheated additional formative years and resurrected as an adult to join their now older peers?

I'm looking at you, Everett Thomas!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    who else would it be? It looks exactly like Selene from the Sisterhood

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Not at all. The point is that Krakoan society might frown upon clones of living people. At this point only ethics stop them from creating batch after batch of Wolverines and use them as cannon fodder.
    This becomes the same moral question in Blade Runner. Do clones or engineered beings have less value or rights than normal born people.

Krakoa has put in safeguards to prevent creating duplicates of anyone. Even people who are missing more than 30 days will still be investigated to make sure they don't accidentally create a duplicate of that person.

However, if you have someone who was cloned or engineered by an outside source, you might put a stop to that outside source while still embracing the need for this cloned/engineered living being to be treated with compassion, empathy, and humanity.

So if Madelyne Pryor shows up at the entrance and asks for admittance, as long as she promises to behave herself I think she would be granted citizenship just like Selene was. If anything Madelyne has kept a really low profile since she was resurrected by Arkea and she hasn't caused any problems for the X-Men since Storm let her go. So yeah, I think even Madelyne would be allowed to join Krakoa.

As a society the mutants of Krakoa have already established rules for the resurrection process. They did not bring back the crew of the scout ship until all the crew members were confirmed dead, thus there was no chance of creating a duplicate being.

In the end for me it's a comic book, people come back all the time. I think Rachel Summers has resurrected at least 12 times since she first died at the hand of Necrom. Admittedly that is the Phoenix Force bringing her back and restoring her body over and over, but still her soul came back every time, she is restored.

It's taking a combination of 7 people to restore the mutants who died. Sinister's genetic repository, Xavier's Cerebro memory and anima repository, and then it requires Goldballs, Tempus, Proteus, Elixer, and Hope to make it actually work successfully. In a way it's 7 people required to duplicate the same thing the Phoenix can do to restore the lifeforce to a reconstructed vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It is her Brian Woods costume with the skull I'm her hand
    Shame, I was hoping it was some other vampire stripper.

Mighty Member

Also why invite Emplate?

He's just as bad as Selene.

I'm surprised Jamie's child sacrificing, child prostituting, cult loving ass ain't there.

Fantastic Member

You know if Xavier had given sanctuary to some bad guys before a lot of problems could have been prevented. A lot of the Acolytes just wanted a home.

Though we may need some of these unscrupulous mutants to handle the dirty **** when Sentinels and crazed governments react.