Page 36 of 161 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

They should let Nekra conduct the next Ressurection ceremony

BANNED

Nice issue, but someone should say it: "Crimea is not part of Russia".
    (If you look at the map in the comics you will notice that it is marked in red)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Thing is, Chuck's dream was just that: a dream

In reality, mutants, namely the X-Men, fought for and protected the ungrateful flatscans countless times; but when mutantkind's backs were against the wall, no one came to help. Not the Avengers, not the Fantastic Four, not the Inhumans, Thunderbolts, etc. NOBODY. Instead, the "heroes" continued to protect the status quo, the same status quo proving fatal to mutants just for the crime of existing. So miss me with the human "allies" nonsense, because said "allies" weren't there during mutantkind's darkest hour(s).

Xavier's dream was never attainable to begin with. If sacrificing a dream to create and sustain the reality of survival and independence, then the dream was meant to be an acceptable sacrifice for Krakoa. Honestly, I would be down to see other characters in the MU that are non mutants (Spider-Man, Hulk, etc.) get storylines where they are confronted with this truth. I would love for the likes of Peter Parker to stand up to the Avengers and tell Rogers/Stark/Danvers to shove it while making moves to help mutates and mutants alike.
    Kitty's father died on Genosha.

Guys, don't worry about mutant souls. They never had them.

Sure the Scott/Ro scene was cute, sure Xavier is hot, sure Pooky telling everyone how proud he is was weird, sure Fabio is now daddy, and sure WAKANDA DOES NOT NEED MUTANT DRUGS, but...

I got Larraz/Gracia Gorgon.

I win.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I sense that you are really into this, but the fact is you are just not accepting the nonsense of the shared universe. Captain America never ignored mutant problems because he did not care for mutants, he ignored them because Captain America is not an X-Men book. When writers started having Cyclops scream that like a whiny child it was a failure as writers, it was breaking the trust of how the Marvel U works, and it shows here how writers still ignore all the hard work that the generations of writers did before them to get their cheap shock stories in before they move on.
    This.

And lets be real here. There are so many mutants that there would be complaints if characters from these other franchises appeared too often. These characters not appearing during these moments are the faults of writers not the characters.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    yeah, what about wakanda, the avengers, the fantastic four, shogo lee, mariko yashida, corsair
    Mariko said she wants nothing to do with the X-Men in DML.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

It exists. Period. That's not even mentioning the Panther movements
    Its irrelevant. Period.
    We live in a time and a place when you can actually just leave.
    A personally attended an HBCU for a semester... So let me tell you the college safe space movement goes against everything my Mom and dad and grandad fought for.
    ... But as far as real life goes I don't care what you think about it anymore. So I'm gonna drop u off right there and get back to buisness.

My conversation is about about this issue of the Xmen.

In this issue of the X-Men...
    It was tough.

I really don't want the X-Men to be the book about a nation of Self righteous fascists, Chalking up everything they do to vindication...

I wanna read about the Xmen winning by being the world's greatest heroes.

People loving Sunspot, Illyana Rasputin, and Madrox... the same way they do Superman, Wonder woman, and Batman.

Which is totally possible... We saw a Cabal in time runs out of Fight An alternate Universe where the X-Men were its greatest heroes...
    And another where Magneto was on the Illuminati. and the city of Tian Tian existed but they were implied heroes.

I guess... there are a lot of moral arguments and justifications for the mutants to embrace fascism. And a lot of people can say "this is good because morally... blah blah blah"

But then "You just made the most compelling moral argument for fascism in the history of man... Congratulations?"
    ...Hock Spit...

I'm ****... the way magneto talks... I'm mean what? You think the sentinels are gonna NOT come?

You think you're going to stop the singularity forever?

Only if there are no more humans...
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

F1FCC8CE-EFB1-426C-AA74-0EC92A0D2FE6.jpg

So, at the start of the book, if this a shot of Scott’s team being reincarnated, who’s the guy to the left of him in that picture?
    Not Warren, no wings. Not Logan and clearly not Kurt.

Enquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post

So, at the start of the book, if this a shot of Scott’s team being reincarnated, who’s the guy to the left of him in that picture?

A lapsed X-Reader.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I've seen some folks wonder why mutant villains would stay in check.

Right now the X-Men have leverage. They can resurrect mutants and offer safe harbor from the rest of the world. There isn't much reason to go against that because it is a pretty sweet deal.

All the mutant terror groups like MLF, Acolytes and Brotherhood are probably love the idea of a Mutant state anyway.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    . Scott visor- they probably have a closet full of them by now.
    . Adamantium- Beast, Forge Magneto, Dr Nemesis, pick one, anyone could have made another.
    . Next point, X-Men dont have criminal on the team? Sabertooth, Wolverine, Gambit, Storm, Marrow, Dominio, Mystique, Juggernaut, and Rogue. So i think they do.
    But I think Xavier won't let them continue if they did.
    - Random, Exodus, Shaw, Lady Mastermind and a couple of other did join the X-Men when these events went down. You should good back and re read some.
    Your wrong, Cable is still Cable. He is just not from this time line because it was changed or mean it cable history might change. But cable will be in two books so we jsut have to wait and see.
    -ok i see the problem here, who think Xavier is turning away from his dream. And he is because he saw it die. He saw his failure and watch everyone die because of it. Moria showed it all, and he changed his vision with Magneto. This is not the old X-Men.
    For Scott it's his eyes/control of his powers I pointed.
    WHERE in the issue did you see adamantium implanted on Logan's skeleton?
    Criminals: Wolvie was used by Weapon X to commit crimes. I'm not for Creed, Raven or Cain being X-Men, it's writers' BS for so long. Rogue is a different case. For Marrow she's not a big deal.
    Kid Cable is the teen version of the old Cable. So not a alternate version. He is fighting Apoc's ideology in the future and his OK with this event?
    I'm Ok with Xavier wanted to change things but accepting Apoc or Selene?
    They act like the new Inhumans no more the X-Men in the Marvel universe and they look and act like super-vilains!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Its irrelevant. Period.
    We live in a time and a place when you can actually just leave.
    A personally attended an HBCU for a semester... So let me tell you the college safe space movement goes against everything my Mom and dad and grandad fought for.
    ... But as far as real life goes I don't care what you think about it anymore. So I'm gonna drop u off right there and get back to buisness.

My conversation is about about this issue of the Xmen.

In this issue of the X-Men...
    It was tough.

I really don't want the X-Men to be the book about a nation of Self righteous fascists, Chalking up everything they do to vindication...

I wanna read about the Xmen winning by being the world's greatest heroes.

People loving Sunspot, Illyana Rasputin, and Madrox... the same way they do Superman, Wonder woman, and Batman.

Which is totally possible... We saw a Cabal in time runs out of Fight An alternate Universe where the X-Men were its greatest heroes...
    And another where Magneto was on the Illuminati. and the city of Tian Tian existed but they were implied heroes.

I guess... there are a lot of moral arguments and justifications for the mutants to embrace fascism. And a lot of people can say "this is good because morally... blah blah blah"

But then "You just made the most compelling moral argument for fascism in the history of man... Congratulations?"
    ...Hock Spit...

I'm ****... the way magneto talks... I'm mean what? You think the sentinels are gonna NOT come?

You think you're going to stop the singularity forever?

Only if there are no more humans...
    And there's nothing else to talk about. Your opinion is yours. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post

What I see in that panel is that Scott can actually open his eyes withoout destroying everything in front of him and the visor is actually a fashion statement.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

All that being said. It was a very powerful issue.
    All things considered... I can't wait to see how this ends up.

And there's nothing else to talk about. Your opinion is yours. Peace
    mutual. Nothing but peace to you brethen.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

This is Astra, right?