Page 67 of 161 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2404
  1. #991
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but other comics (like Invaders last week) have references the current situation. This is 616, or else a bunch of other comics are now also existing in this alternate reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    It is real alright. I think that is the whole thing they were proving with the friends hug of Ororo and Jean, as well as proving Monet is the Monet we all knew and so on. So, this is reality now.
    It maybe real but my gut still tells me something will go down and frankly i don't think it will be the villains who are teh root cause of it.

  2. #992
    Starsoul Firehair niconico00's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Earth-811
    Posts
    327

    Default

    I don't like how they made Hope's power so damn important. I never understood that she could sync powers or amplify them or whatever they are saying.

    Also: how do they explain that Marvel Girl looked like a child with no experience at all?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

  3. #993
    Fantastic Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It's not that the X-Men won't kidnap Franklin. It's that the X-Men would be stupid to try.

    Kidnapping a random mutant teen from Botswana is one thing. Kidnapping the most powerful being on Earth who lives with the Fantastic Four? A being whose genius sister can get her Uncle Doom to do almost anything for her? Even if the X-Men were to kidnap Frankie, they'd have one Hell of a time keeping him when the combined might of the FF, Avengers, Inhumans, every other non-mutant superteam, and a few cosmic beings come knocking on Krakoa's front beach... not to mention, again, that he's the most powerful being on Earth.
    Well this new mutant Alliance would put everyone down if they came after them. Keep in mind that they are all down to die if they have to since they can be brought back in a way. Throw in some villians and unique ways to combine powers and its gg.

    Only the kid would be a problem, but Cyclops seems to be on good terms with ff so they wont be kidnapping anyone i think.

  4. #994
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Followed by an all-out assault of the aforementioned groups to free him.
    Given that we already had a timeline where the heroes of Earth rose up to stop a bid of mutant supremacy, and the fact that Moira probably told Xavier about it I don't see them doing that again.
    However, given that they labeled Wakanda and Latveria adversarial nations I don't think we can discount the fact that they may have contingencies in place.
    I just hope to god we don't see AvX 3 (knocks on wood!) at any time, two were enough as is.

  5. #995
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    It's not that the X-Men won't kidnap Franklin. It's that the X-Men would be stupid to try.

    Kidnapping a random mutant teen from Botswana is one thing. Kidnapping the most powerful being on Earth who lives with the Fantastic Four? A being whose genius sister can get her Uncle Doom to do almost anything for her? Even if the X-Men were to kidnap Frankie, they'd have one Hell of a time keeping him when the combined might of the FF, Avengers, Inhumans, every other non-mutant superteam, and a few cosmic beings come knocking on Krakoa's front beach... not to mention, again, that he's the most powerful being on Earth.
    Couple notes
    -He is not most powerful being on earth,His powers have been downgraded quite a bit
    -FF just finished embarrassing Doom, Uncle Doom is not going to be any rush to help the FF for any reason
    - I am pretty sure that half the X-men waxed Avengers and company last time. This time they have every mutant available
    - All of those people aren't going to real War for a kid, Krakoa is a sovereign nation now, Attacking the X-men is an act of War. Avengers and all those people work for US governments. It is funny how legal nation makes stuff difficult
    - Mentioning it again Franklin powers have been downgraded and X-men have most of the other Omega mutants

    I mean it is cute thought, The X-men would kidnap and mindwipe the FF(and most of the world )like it was nothing. It is not a power thing the X-men are full well capable of waxing all the other heroes on earth and even easier with all of the villains on the squad. I mean the X-men don't even have to kidnap him ,He would probably come just to hang out with his friends Artie and Leech with hint of a telepathic influence to legal emancipate himself from his parents.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-19-2019 at 01:03 AM.

  6. #996
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Well this new mutant Alliance would put everyone down if they came after them. Keep in mind that they are all down to die if they have to since they can be brought back in a way. Throw in some villians and unique ways to combine powers and its gg.

    Only the kid would be a problem, but Cyclops seems to be on good terms with ff so they won't be kidnapping anyone I think.
    I feel it would be more a case of Mutually Assured Destruction then anyone coming out on top in such a conflict.

    The interaction between I saw with Cyke and the did not seem to show good terms given how creepy he came off in the end.

  7. #997
    Fantastic Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    422

    Default

    ^ I can see why you think that

    Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I don't like how they made Hope's power so damn important. I never understood that she could sync powers or amplify them or whatever they are saying.

    Also: how do they explain that Marvel Girl looked like a child with no experience at all?
    Jeez, Marvel girl did fine in her role and kept communication millions of miles away from Earth.

    Hope is finally playing a role i always wanted her to play. Her powers allow her to bring out the best in mutants around her and now she can paly a small leadership role in helping all of mutantkind. First time i cared about the character in a minute. I just hope she can still mimic other mutant powers. For balance purposes her mutant mimicry should pale in comparison to the mutants she copies.

  8. #998
    Amazing Member Su_Whist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    It’s official — Apocalypse is the X-Men’s Disney princess.
    Quote of the day. Thank you.

  9. #999
    Spectacular Member MrSinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Followed by an all-out assault of the aforementioned groups to free him.
    And all MCU heroes died trying to do that. And the X-men helped them, now they wont :P

  10. #1000
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If this is posted too soon. Moderator will take proper actions.

    Starts off with Magneto and Polaris discussing humans and Magneto states that the one good thing humans taught them was: Society. They are sitting in front of that huge tree with the pod eggs.

    I really like Polaris disdain for humans. She is a good balance of her father and the X-Men influence.

    Next page had Storm and Xavier entering the tree/egg pod area. So now all four of them are waiting for the arrival of something.

    It ends up being Tempus, Proteus, Hope, Elixer, Goldballs.

    Loved LOVED seeing lesser known characters. Wish we had this sprinkled throughout the entire series.

    For an X-Men seminal moment it really is the Xavier/Magneto show.

    Anyways finally some new faces. And people are either going to abhor, like, or tolerate what is being given to us with these five.

    Fabio Medina’s power evolved from just ‘ploink’ balls to eggs.

    Which Proteus warps into viable eggs.

    Injected with the DNA of a mutant

    With the touch of Elixir's life giving abilities

    And Tempus time abilities speeds up the process.

    And the most important is that Hope is the unifier that makes them all sync to make it possible. She gets their powers to work at their peak and in unison.

    What I loved most about this scene is we got to see characters that haven’t been given any spotlight recently.

    I hope X-editorial gets more on board with sprinkling lesser known characters in from time to time.

    Also fyi as this is happening on panel for us Magento is explaining it to Polaris. So that the readers understand what’s going on.

    And this harkens back to first issue.

    The X-Men that died on the mission are all back now.

    People that are complaining that they are just Pod People may have some leverage BUT Polaris basically calls that out. And that’s when we find out that Cerebro captured the essence, the anima, of any mutant. Which can now make them as they once were but in their prime optimal form.

    This is the part people are going to have issues with. And honestly all they have to do is get rid of one of the 5 and resurrections will not be so easy.

    There is this crazy scene where the resurrected mutants are presented to like a ton of mutants.

    Reminded me of that Matrix Morpheus speech scene in the caves and then they have a big all sexy orgy rave. You’ll know it when you see it.

    She introduces each one to show us that its the ones we know. I liked Jean and Monets part the most:

    Jean "Oh…I’m the only “me” that ever was, Ororo”

    Monet ”no touching”

    Cuts to Magneto and Xavier talking about how there is much work to do. They are content and happy for the day. But the vote is upon them.

    FYI Synch and Mimic are brought up in the wordy sections

    So resurrections are happening on a weekly basis. I hope they do something about being depowered by the pretender. Bring back my Wind Dancer Venezuelan Goddess

    The vote goes in the mutants favor. They have themselves a mutant nation.

    Professor X seems to think that Emma Frost had something to do it with it. And they kind of leave it up in the air but kind of don’t.

    So i’ll let others speak on that. But I was hoping that mutants wouldn’t need to use telepathy. But humans also suck in this universe so there’s that.

    Ends with a splash page of a the baddies coming to Krakoa. Xavier saying that all mutants are welcome.

    And Apoclypse at the head of the incoming group. Stating that yes they all will be abiding by Krakoan laws.

    And that he always wanted mutant dominance and look at what they all accomplished.

    I see Random, Lady Mastermind, Exodus, Selene, Mister Sinister, Marrow, Cargill etc….

    Love that last page…

    If you are us, then be with us…

    There are alot of little things that go on that I may not have covered but just read it.
    Cult X-Men it is.

    The display of zealotry, rampant racism toward sapiens "humans" and wholehearted acceptance of litteral mass murderers among them was shocking to read.

    Was that Hickman's purpose all along? Showing how mutants can be as flawed as sapiens at the end of the day? Because he's reaaaaaally succeeding here...

    Krakoa looks more and more like a theocracy with Xavier as its god/cult leader, the shocking religious display of Storm and the fanaticism of the crowd before the "Resurrected"... I have no words.

    Hickman is such a brilliant writer, it was still a shocking read to me.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  11. #1001
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Couple notes
    -He is not most powerful being on earth,His powers have been downgraded quite a bit
    -FF just finished embarrassing Doom, Uncle Doom is not going to be any rush to help the FF for any reason
    - I am pretty sure that half the X-men waxed Avengers and company last time. This time they have every mutant available
    - All of those people aren't going to real War for a kid, Krakoa is a sovereign nation now, Attacking the X-men is an act of War. Avengers and all those people work for US governments. It is funny how legal nation makes stuff difficult
    - Mentioning it again Franklin powers have been downgraded and X-men have most of the other Omega mutants

    I mean it is cute thought, The X-men would kidnap and mindwipe the FF(and most of the world )like it was nothing. It is not a power thing the X-men are full well capable of waxing all the other heroes on earth and even easier with all of the villains on the squad. I mean the X-men don't even have to kidnap him ,He would probably come just to hang out with his friends Artie and Leech with hint of a telepathic influence to legal emancipate himself from his parents.
    This is the kind of talk that justify the existence of Sentinels you know… "let's kidnap a kid and mindwipe his parents, because we can! no one can stop us yadi yidi yada…" Good grief. And people are supposed not to fear mutants?
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  12. #1002
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Going after Franklin would absolutely be suicide or mutually assured destruction. The mutants are not that stupid.

    What they are doing is playing the long game. Someday soon Franklin will become curious about his people. The door is open.

  13. #1003
    Fantastic Member FIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    This is the kind of talk that justify the existence of Sentinels you know… "let's kidnap a kid and mindwipe his parents, because we can! no one can stop us yadi yidi yada…" Good grief. And people are supposed not to fear mutants?


    Realistically speaking every sane person would fear mutants irl. Some of them are walking nukes, others are more dangerous than a gun, and they will use their powers, especially at a young age as they see fit.

    For example if i was a telepath the temptaion to read minds would be to strong to resist. XD

  14. #1004
    Bad Guy CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Ugly Arizona
    Posts
    2,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    This is the kind of talk that justify the existence of Sentinels you know… "let's kidnap a kid and mindwipe his parents, because we can! no one can stop us yadi yidi yada…" Good grief. And people are supposed not to fear mutants?
    "Oh look they have have powers like thousands of other non mutants on the planet and they use them?"

    Let's create a genocidal ultrabot that creates genocidal supebots with the sole purpose of creating genocidal soldierbots as a response.

    Nothing justifies the creation of Sentinels. Especially considering the fact that they always tend to you know wipe out everything on the planet.

    It's honestly the dumbest idea that humans in the MU have ever had.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-19-2019 at 01:38 AM.

  15. #1005
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    2,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    "Oh look they have have powers like thousands of other non mutants on the planet and they use them?"

    Let's create a genocidal ultrabot that creates genocidal superots with the sole purpose of creating genocidal soldierbots as a response.

    Nothing justifies the creation of Sentinels. Especially considering the fact that they always tend to you know wipe out everything on the planet.

    It's honestly the dumbest idea that humans in the MU have ever had.
    Oh right. Let's have people running around kidnapping kids, mindwipe their parents into forgetting they were there, it is SO not worthy of being policed, let alone by machines… You know, IRL, child kidnappers are among the s******t kind of human beings, I don't see why there should be lenience when it's the X-men doing the kidnapping. Fat NO.
    And given what I just read, Sentinels are more than ever necessary in 616... Krakoa is a theocracy of superpowered people convinced of their own superiority over the rest of mankind... Contingency plans are 100% a necessity, Sentinels among them.

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Realistically speaking every sane person would fear mutants irl. Some of them are walking nukes, others are more dangerous than a gun, and they will use their powers, especially at a young age as they see fit.

    For example if i was a telepath the temptaion to read minds would be to strong to resist. XD
    So true, mutants are just people, they are bound to have bad apples among them, yet you have people acting like they are all of the purest of the heart… LOL. And that's not even considering mutants experiencing the awakening of their power in the vicinity of their family, friends, or random civilians…
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 09-19-2019 at 01:46 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •