Page 33 of 161 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yeah, the dream is dead. We have seen it die in several of Moiras lives. And in the last issues of Rosenberg Uncanny. But the X-men have never been a direct metaphore. Now they can be an allegory of the minorities in the real world, who have stoped seeking tolerance and just want the space they deserve. "We never had a chance".
    That Doesn't sound like real life to me. I'm black in the South… right now...
    When there is no significant separatist movement except from white supremacists
    If Xavier's dreams have to die for the mutants to live then I'm all for it.
    That's kind of in line with my point....

This just ONE ending... one path...

Xavier was right.

Nihilism and surrender to the evil forces around us...
    However tempting is always wrong.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    There are several places namely colleges where black students are protesting and advocating for black spaces.

Sounds like real life to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Daken was unkilled in Return of Wolverine, another really weird story about bringing everyone back from dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He was zombified but Persephone’s powers meant they are dead after she’s done with them IIRC.
    The people that were used by Persephone were all still dead, the only one who really came back to life was Logan, thanks to his healing factor supposedly. The last time we saw Daken he was under Persephone's control and he was dead, but maybe he came back the same way as Logan later off panel? Or as you said maybe he was resurrected on Krakoa, left, then dramatically came in with Poccy to be a dramatic little ****.
    But it wouldn't be the first time for him to come back without explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Loved the issue ...just enough creepy goodness to make me want more.

Not sure if its been asked yet but does this mean we can dozens of cloned Cyclops, Storm, Phoenixs at one time now?
    According to the issue not for ethical reasons. The only exception is during a time of war

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Had a dream where somebody used Frederick Douglass in the same breath as Richard Spencer.
    Got a nosebleed when I opened this thread just now. What strange timing!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    White supremacists want others to be driven away in addition to their own space. We should be long past the point where mutants want to make peace with people who want to “cure” them or enslave them or build giant robots to kill them.

Also Synch lives guys

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    There are several places namely colleges where black students are protesting and advocating for black spaces.

Sounds like real life to me.
    Yeah. College separatist moments Do Not represent significant portion of the "black" population.

Sophisticate young people in rebellion during college isn't real life.
    Its supremely minuscule... however loud.

And its stupid.
    White supremacists want others to be driven away in addition to their own space. We should be long past the point where mutants want to make peace with people who want to “cure” them or enslave them or build giant robots to kill them
    It's literally the same ****. This place is now ours you can be here. If you come here well yada yada... wait we've got a wall that just wont let you in.
    Trump would give a whole wig for a krokoa-like boderwall
    ... and as always Magneto is gonna mag. "We're gods"
    And... No. Mad scientist are gonna mad. *sentinels get everybody/Ultron Gets everybody/super adaptions leave this reality join the Sidera Maris come BACK and get everybody.

Synch lives!
    That IS good news
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    The people that were used by Persephone were all still dead, the only one who really came back to life was Logan, thanks to his healing factor supposedly. The last time we saw Daken he was under Persephone's control and he was dead, but maybe he came back the same way as Logan later off panel? Or as you said maybe he was resurrected on Krakoa, left, then dramatically came in with Poccy to be a dramatic little ****.
    But it wouldn't be the first time for him to come back without explanation.
    Daken did have a Death Seed and he could have could have come back sort of the same way Logan did.

Of course, I can also see him being brought back, noping out of there, and then coming in with the villains just because he's Daken.

My only issue with the mutant allegory is the downplaying of human allies. All human are treated as enemies and I'm not a fan of that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    You're not the only one to pickup on this. Xavier's dream is dead. Peaceful existence with the humans is NO LONGER on the table. The idea of assimilation is not held as sane or smart. These X-Men force people to think about if the Civil Rights movement was even successful? And if it was, then what cause to the mutants have for straying from that path?

but if they can't learn to coexist, then how will they do it with the other species in the universe? they cannot judge an entire species by the acts of a few, that seems hypocritical, illogical and primitive

It is hard to accept that these "re-birthed" versions are the real deal when the concept of a soul has already been a pretty significant factor in some of the X-Men's history...Illyana & Kurt spring to mind.

Hell, Magik created a weapon out of her soul! The first half of New Mutants Vol 3 revolves around Illyana trying to get the lost pieces of her soul back.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My only issue with the mutant allegory is the downplaying of human allies. All human are treated as enemies and I'm not a fan of that.
    yeah, what about wakanda, the avengers, the fantastic four, shogo lee, mariko yashida, corsair

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    It is hard to accept that these "re-birthed" versions are the real deal when the concept of a soul has already been a pretty significant factor in some of the X-Men's history...Illyana & Kurt spring to mind.

Hell, Magik created a weapon out of her soul! The first half of New Mutants Vol 3 revolves around Illyana trying to get the lost pieces of her soul back.
    Proteus is a reality warper

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Proteus is a reality warper
    So this is the go-to for all tough questions?