Page 32 of 161 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I guess its just me... maybe a few others...

but this issue and just this issue (not the entire narrative that hickman is weaving)

Its poison.

This issue for all its awesome appearances and some of the coolest uses of powers since... hell just SINCE!

Its the story about the subjugation of the X-mens ideology, and the adoration of 1/2 everything they've stood against for all these years... the other half being staving off endless
    and needless editorial driven extinction plots.

Metaphorically its offensive, and maybe a bit "disgusting" if I'm honest.

So... the dream of MLK was wrong, the dream of the every Separatist Fredrick Douglas to Richard Spencer was right.

If that statement starts to build rage or contempt in you after a couple of moments consideration, then for quick second realize its good be alarmed.
    A feeling of outrage at your favorite heroes and their franchise being compared to the worst of the modern facists means youre still saying sane.

See I love the X-men, always have... the struggle to do what right even when the odds were against them is what made them heroes.

And I never understood why soooo many people would come and bitch about the characterization of the Illuminati in time runs out. I get it now though.

Hickman is a genius. Powerful writing. Elicits powerful emotions.

I didn't like seeing it.
    I didn't like seeing storm give a speech with all of mutantdom responding "SIEG HEIL!" (MUTANT!!!) but I could hear it NOT in Reverend Ororo T. Jakes speech but in that full old german shout back.

I didn't like the thing that unites mutantkind being

"I know lets just give our mutant villians everything they want!"

Magneto "Separatist Supremacist Nation"
    En Sabah Nur - Mutants United for Dominance of Earth
    Sinister - All the genetic engrams of all the mutants to "play with" ...

and yeah... there's mad men and cult leaders, cannibals, and vamipres... but hey we're all the same RACE!

Not like those filthy human* cockroaches outside. *but you can insert any people who were stepped on after a vengeful regime took power.

So as of right now this story... is about the Unified Fascist Mutant State. See... historically most fascism start with the justification "We are the injured party! So whatever we do from here is just come uppance"
    Followed by "HERE IS THE SUPERIORITY OF OUR CULTURE!"
    and then... the conflicts start... but you can tell by magnetos previous speeches he's still the same old tyrant thinking of mutants as "...their new Gods"

and yeah. . . I get it...

The Xmen needed a WIN... BADLY.

But ideologically, and dare I say... Heroically...

This is probbably the worst defeat I've EVER seen Xaviers dream suffer.*

... and I owned THIS book pretty early on
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_13
    You're not the only one to pickup on this. Xavier's dream is dead. Peaceful existence with the humans is NO LONGER on the table. The idea of assimilation is not held as sane or smart. These X-Men force people to think about if the Civil Rights movement was even successful? And if it was, then what cause to the mutants have for straying from that path?

Loved the issue ...just enough creepy goodness to make me want more.

Not sure if its been asked yet but does this mean we can dozens of cloned Cyclops, Storm, Phoenixs at one time now?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-18-2019 at 11:07 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Welcome to Weirdsville. This was interesting...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Where is everyone getting this cult leader business? Sounds like classic Ororo to me. To each his own tho...
    There will always be people who'll run in the opposite direction of the wind. It makes them feel powerful.

Extraordinary Member

Very well said. I look back at those What If books and the thing that always stood out was how they pointed out that the heroes had to fight for doing the right thing and how the smallest wrong decision or twist of fate could lead to their downfall. This HoXPoX almost seems like one of those What If stories where it seems like it should be win but then we find out it is not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    except these aren't technically clones
    Then what exactly are they then? Be as specific as possible please.

BANNED

Yeah, yeah. Just repeat same old co-existence thing all over again. Bring back X-men GOLD.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Logan's ass...
    And a chastity tail...
    Still fretting on how to get egg goo out of blue fur.

House of XXX
    xmenz.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    They're Goldballs' children and you will treat them with respect

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

You're not the only one to pickup on this. Xavier's dream is dead. Peaceful existence with the humans is NO LONGER on the table. The idea of assimilation is not held as sane or smart. These X-Men force people to think about if the Civil Rights movement was even successful? And if it was, then what cause to the mutants have for straying from that path?
    Well... While I doubt any of us were old enough to know what it was like before.. I gotta say hell yes it was Successful.
    So successful in fact that we take it all for granted.

And that white supremacists get punched in the streets
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    it has to be clones its just like clone conspiracy that happen 2 years ago in Spider-man just a different method thats all
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah, the dream is dead. We have seen it die in several of Moiras lives. And in the last issues of Rosenberg Uncanny. But the X-men have never been a direct metaphore. Now they can be an allegory of the minorities in the real world, who have stoped seeking tolerance and just want the space they deserve. "We never had a chance".

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

If they end up being clones and not the actual reborn versions of themselves, that would be such a mess. Jean's continuity especially would be more of a mess than it already is. lol

I guess its just me... maybe a few others...

but this issue and just this issue (not the entire narrative that hickman is weaving)

Its poison.

This issue for all its awesome appearances and some of the coolest uses of powers since... hell just SINCE!

Its the story about the subjugation of the X-mens ideology, and the adoration of 1/2 everything they've stood against for all these years... the other half being staving off endless
    and needless editorial driven extinction plots.

Metaphorically its offensive, and maybe a bit "disgusting" if I'm honest.

So... the dream of MLK was wrong, the dream of the every Separatist Fredrick Douglas to Richard Spencer was right.

If that statement starts to build rage or contempt in you after a couple of moments consideration, then for quick second realize its good be alarmed.
    A feeling of outrage at your favorite heroes and their franchise being compared to the worst of the modern facists means youre still saying sane.

See I love the X-men, always have... the struggle to do what right even when the odds were against them is what made them heroes.

And I never understood why soooo many people would come and bitch about the characterization of the Illuminati in time runs out. I get it now though.

Hickman is a genius. Powerful writing. Elicits powerful emotions.

I didn't like seeing it.
    I didn't like seeing storm give a speech with all of mutantdom responding "SIEG HEIL!" (MUTANT!!!) but I could hear it NOT in Reverend Ororo T. Jakes speech but in that full old german shout back.

I didn't like the thing that unites mutantkind being

"I know lets just give our mutant villians everything they want!"

Magneto "Separatist Supremacist Nation"
    En Sabah Nur - Mutants United for Dominance of Earth
    Sinister - All the genetic engrams of all the mutants to "play with" ...

and yeah... there's mad men and cult leaders, cannibals, and vamipres... but hey we're all the same RACE!

Not like those filthy human* cockroaches outside. *but you can insert any people who were stepped on after a vengeful regime took power.

So as of right now this story... is about the Unified Fascist Mutant State. See... historically most fascism start with the justification "We are the injured party! So whatever we do from here is just come uppance"
    Followed by "HERE IS THE SUPERIORITY OF OUR CULTURE!"
    and then... the conflicts start... but you can tell by magnetos previous speeches he's still the same old tyrant thinking of mutants as "...their new Gods"

and yeah. . . I get it...

The Xmen needed a WIN... BADLY.

But ideologically, and dare I say... Heroically...

This is probbably the worst defeat I've EVER seen Xaviers dream suffer.*

Well... at least wakanda is unconquered.

(X)
    If Xavier's dreams have to die for the mutants to live then I'm all for it. Remember that MLK went on record saying that he regretted his push for integration.