Page 93 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2405
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Of course the establishment of Krakoa: Mutant Nation is not the goal.
    Mutant survival throughout the coming centuries is.
    Krakoa is just one new plan (of many, past failed attempts) in the first steps of trying (hoping) to attain that goal.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Of course the establishment of Krakoa: Mutant Nation is not the goal.
    Mutant survival throughout the coming centuries is.
    Krakoa is just one new plan (of many, past failed attempts) in the first steps of trying (hoping) to attain that goal.
    The question is whether you think that goal includes co-existence? By this I mean Xavier and/or Moira's goal, obviously most everyone else is oblivious to the truths. Myself, I don't think Moira is wasting her 'last' life repeating the same tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think Hickman is showing us the birth of a Nation just on an accelerated timeline what we saw in this issue was "Society" the birth of Nationalism and mutant pride is it cult like? Yes. But no more than people standing up in their seats and putting their right hand across their heart to sing about how great their nation is.
    You say "cult" I say "patriotic unity" My heart swelled when they all shouted "MUTANT!"

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The question is whether you think that goal includes co-existence? By this I mean Xavier and/or Moira's goal, obviously most everyone else is oblivious to the truths. Myself, I don't think Moira is wasting her 'last' life repeating the same tactics.
    I personally don't think it includes 'co-existence'. At least not as defined/dreamt of in past X-Lore.
    Xavier offering 'gifts' and possible 'terms and conditions' indicates/implies something more that just co-existence.
    When you think of it in real world terms...countries aren't actually just co-existing with each other...and certainly not in a peaceful manner. But that's just the nature of governments and nations...Peaceful co-existence is Old Testament 'Garden of Eden' ideology...not impossible but highly improbable.

Amazing Member

This may sound morbid, but if / when Mutants become the dominant species on the planet, wouldn't be amusing if they suddenly began drifting apart and forming subcultures around their powers. Shapeshifters, Telepaths, Speedsters, Telekinetics, Regenerators... Different clans, each with its own rules and traditions. In time, we could have a full circle revolution. My clan is better than yours. A mutant civil war, if you wish. Then again, by that logic, all wars in history are civil wars. Homo Sapiens civil wars, technically.

Well, that's the point.

Life 4: Moira and Xavier tried co-existence. And failed.
    Life 5: They tried isolation. But humans come to them.
    Life 8: Moira and Magneto tried direct violence. But were stopped by super-heroes, including the X-men.
    Life 9: Moira joined the Apocalypse in the survival of the fittest. And it was the life that lasted the longest.

The plan now I think is combine isolation (Krakoa), survival of the fittest (Resurrection), indirect violence (Diplomatic and commercial approach).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaja View Post
    This may sound morbid, but if / when Mutants become the dominant species on the planet, wouldn't be amusing if they suddenly began drifting apart and forming subcultures around their powers. Shapeshifters, Telepaths, Speedsters, Telekinetics, Regenerators... Different clans,
    nice try, Chuck Austen!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Ooooooooooooooh yeah! Eva is back baby!!

Another amazing issue! Hickman is rocking this! Couldn't have asked for a better writer to elevate the X-Men franchise back to it's relevant height again.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    A clone is a clone.
    But they are not clones. They have had their thoughts and everything up to one week prior to dying imprinted into their new body. An actual clone doesn't have the thoughts of the original.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    But they are not clones. They have had their thoughts and everything up to one week prior to dying imprinted into their new body. An actual clone doesn't have the thoughts of the original.
    Ben Reilly: Am I a joke to you?

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Calvin Rankin from the Exiles was the best version of the Mimic.
    Preach on brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaja View Post
    This may sound morbid, but if / when Mutants become the dominant species on the planet, wouldn't be amusing if they suddenly began drifting apart and forming subcultures around their powers. Shapeshifters, Telepaths, Speedsters, Telekinetics, Regenerators... Different clans, each with its own rules and traditions. In time, we could have a full circle revolution. My clan is better than yours. A mutant civil war, if you wish. Then again, by that logic, all wars in history are civil wars. Homo Sapiens civil wars, technically.
    I was hoping to see such things in the futures shown in this, we've had the fear the machines ludditetry in pop culture and sci-fi for decades now, nothing revolutionary or ground breaking or inspiring, a large global and even galactic civil war between mutants would've been something different to explore.

Coexistence is easy. Don't mess with us and we won't mess you up.

The humans just have to play their part for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Well, that's the point.

Life 4: Moira and Xavier tried co-existence. And failed.
    Life 5: They tried isolation. But humans come to them.
    Life 8: Moira and Magneto tried direct violence. But were stopped by super-heroes, including the X-men.
    Life 9: Moira joined the Apocalypse in the survival of the fittest. And it was the life that lasted the longest.

The plan now I think is combine isolation (Krakoa), survival of the fittest (Resurrection), indirect violence (Diplomatic and commercial approach).
    Considering that we still don't know if it's going to work, we can at least say it's the best they can do under the circumstances.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Coexistence is easy. Don't mess with us and we won't mess you up.

The humans just have to play their part for once.
    I am asking a very specific question here as it pertains to this specific story: So what is going to convince the humans to play their part this time? The only difference pointed out is getting all the tribes to unite, but that would seem to only make the humans-machines more worried.