Page 120 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2404
  1. #1786
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,094

    Default

    You know, a thought just occurred to me with how the resurrections work. Given that Xavier uploads their mind from Cerebro, what would happen if he took their mind from and earlier point in time, for example Sabretooth circa the latest Weapon X book?

  2. #1787
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, a thought just occurred to me with how the resurrections work. Given that Xavier uploads their mind from Cerebro, what would happen if he took their mind from and earlier point in time, for example Sabretooth circa the latest Weapon X book?

    Have several backup copies of a person?

    I don't know what storage system Cerebro is using but having all the mutants already seems like a lot of information.

  3. #1788
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, a thought just occurred to me with how the resurrections work. Given that Xavier uploads their mind from Cerebro, what would happen if he took their mind from and earlier point in time, for example Sabretooth circa the latest Weapon X book?
    Hickman's writing for Creed is as bad as Pak's imo. lol But I doubt it there's any specifics. Whatever the person was up until their death, Xavier has all their memories ready upon revival.

    I don't think Xavier would half-do it & only give her memories up to Storm's X-Woman. Because it really limits stories that could be told with the characters if they don't have all their memories. The memory wipes & implants are things that ruin Wolverine & Deadpool imo.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-22-2019 at 07:54 AM.

  4. #1789
    Amazing Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I hope so! Those characters have a lot of potential and I'd love to see them interact with our classic X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Darwin is alive. Just not used at all
    I’d love to see them especially since Krakoa was responsible for killing them...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, a thought just occurred to me with how the resurrections work. Given that Xavier uploads their mind from Cerebro, what would happen if he took their mind from and earlier point in time, for example Sabretooth circa the latest Weapon X book?
    I’d much rather have the inverted Sabretooth....

  5. #1790
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’d much rather have the inverted Sabretooth....
    Pak Sabretooth wasn't inverted until it was convenient. Remender said Invert Creed was Angelus to Angel. After the ResurrXion re-branding, he became Spike where there is no difference between the good & evil version.

    The only version we'l get is Hickman's who's modeled after the Bendis' version from the looks of it, and with Hickman declaring his love for Bendis, that was an omen for a good few characters right there.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-22-2019 at 07:54 AM.

  6. #1791
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Yes, I do know that already, thanks.
    And those actions were just as despicable.
    I'm gonna repeat myself but you need to stop displaying such a binary views on things.
    Pointing out the flaws and limits on one side, doesn't mean a blind eye is turned on the other. It's childish to act as if it's the case.



    My point to the other poster was if mutankind is willing to use mutant criminals with such an history of massacres as super weapons, and if people around here are advocating for that kind of dirty pragmatism and find it acceptable, then the sapiens applying that same kind of pragmatism when it comes to using Sentinels as weapons for their protection is just as understandable.
    Again sentinels came before any large scale mutant attack sooo
    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post



    Again with the binary view on things. Gonna have to repeat this to you again: "Pointing out the flaws and limits on one side, doesn't mean a blind eye is turned on the other. It's childish to act as if it's the case"
    .
    Your pragmatic view on a day's old nation is on the same line of telling a person their privilege won't get them everything they want Humans have noo right to judge Krakoa as most countries are founded by unscrupulous people and the bloodshed of others. Hers a Bible quote for ya "how can you remove ta speck of dust from your friends eye when there's a wooden plank in yours"
    Or something like that

  7. #1792
    DRUNK! scouse mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I was holding out hope for choice. I was suggesting that Moira can fix her, or at least set in motion a means of bringing her into the fold.

    Hickman seems to like the classic archetypes, and she is less interesting ‘healed of sentinel technology’.
    I think that with Moira's knowledge of the future they would more likely kill her then try to save her. If the sentinel programming is irreversible then she is too dangerous to both mutants and humans seeing as Moira has seen what Karima will eventually do.

  8. #1793
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Here's a thought, what if during Hickman's run Moira appears, sees all that is happening and goes "This isn't what I wanted to happen"? I'm not saying that will happen but what if that does happen? What would be the reaction to that I wonder? I mean if anyone else did it i would be pissed but this is Hickman who knows how to tell a story well and so far has proven to be VERY good at that. Because let's face it, Xavier? Lensherr? Apocalypse? X-men? They don't matter, they don't control the fate of the world here, that's Moira if she doesn't like the direction they are taking at any point in time all she has to do is literally bit the bullet one more time and all that we are seeing right now goes away. She is the lynchpin to this suceeding or failing and probably teh reason she faked her death and is in hiding, so she can observe from afar and take action if and when she chooses to do so.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 09-22-2019 at 08:53 AM.

  9. #1794
    Incredible Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I could definitely see this happening. Creed has not been shown to have gotten a free pass for his antics. He's not a villain sue. And I certainly think something unpleasant is waiting for him, and letting the other villains see his punishment & making an example of him fits something the character would be used for. lol

    Plenty of people are jumping the gun just because he was not permitted to be judged BY HUMANS, and take it out of context that he won't be judged at all. There's a HUGE difference.

    He didn't get to witness the rebirth of Cyclops' team because he's stashed somewhere else evidently. Again last we saw him, Emma & the Cuckoos left his chains and shackles on as they took him from the humans. So didn't sound like he was gonna be freed anytime soon.
    I would kinda love them publicly punishing Creed and making an example of him. He would love it too and ham it up of course.

    And I also think forcing the villains to do some kind of community service or contribution to Krakoa would be appropriate. Perhaps that's why we see guys like Black Tom and Pyro on the rosters, it's their way of contributing to the cause and attempting to redeem themselves. And if say someone like Pyro decides to act up, Storm or Bishop or Iceman or Emma alone could handle him, not to mention the squad as a whole. Kitty could phase through his flames and bitchslap him a few times.

    I just had a vision of Emplate bashfully delivering their medicine to human hospitals. Nurses and doctors looking scared to death but Monet is behind him and ready to punch him through a few walls if he even sneezes. :-)

  10. #1795
    Incredible Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Here's a thought, what if during Hickman's run Moira appears, sees all that is happening and goes "This isn't what I wanted to happen"? I'm not saying that will happen but what if that does happen? What would be the reaction to that I wonder? I mean if anyone else did it i would be pissed but this is Hickman who knows how to tell a story well and so far has proven to be VERY good at that.
    I could see this happening for sure. The reaction from half the fandom feeling things are too extreme may be exactly what Hickman wanted. He knew how we would react after reading that Creed trial scene. Like wtf, he kills people and is set free?? He knows what he's doing.

    Maybe a final reset will be the middle ground our combined arguments are aiming for.

  11. #1796
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I would kinda love them publicly punishing Creed and making an example of him. He would love it too and ham it up of course.

    And I also think forcing the villains to do some kind of community service or contribution to Krakoa would be appropriate. Perhaps that's why we see guys like Black Tom and Pyro on the rosters, it's their way of contributing to the cause and attempting to redeem themselves. And if say someone like Pyro decides to act up, Storm or Bishop or Iceman or Emma alone could handle him, not to mention the squad as a whole. Kitty could phase through his flames and bitchslap him a few times.

    I just had a vision of Emplate bashfully delivering their medicine to human hospitals. Nurses and doctors looking scared to death but Monet is behind him and ready to punch him through a few walls if he even sneezes. :-)
    What about Apocalypse? He's on a roster too, and given who is on it can one realistically say they can punish him if he acts out?
    BTW is Brian Braddock dead?

  12. #1797
    Incredible Member Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    What about Apocalypse? He's on a roster too, and given who is on it can one realistically say they can punish him if he acts out?
    BTW is Brian Braddock dead?
    Brian's alive and was shown in preview art. Not sure how Betsy gets the mantle yet but it will be interesting as she defends Britain while being a citizen of Krakoa.

    It seems Apocalypse and Rictor will be working together regarding the earth and its elements. Perhaps to find his old horsemen? But you're right, if he decides to act out, that will be a big problem. And it likely will happen down the line once he gets his original band back together.

    spoilers:
    Excalibur #3 solit - "Captain Britain must face the truth about her brother and choose her path forward as MI-13 and the agents of the crown become aware of her ascension. As the lighthouse grows, Apocalypse and Rictor must master the earth beneath their feet".
    And looking at the cover of issue #3, perhaps the drama won't be in Poccy acting out, but more about his coming out. :-)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jbenito; 09-22-2019 at 09:09 AM.

  13. #1798
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,617

    Default

    Selene can punish Apocalypse fairly easily. Leech can also be used as a weapon against anyone

  14. #1799
    Incredible Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Brian's alive and was shown in preview art. Not sure how Betsy gets the mantle yet but it will be interesting as she defends Britain while being a citizen of Krakoa.

    It seems Apocalypse and Rictor will be working together regarding the earth and its elements. Perhaps to find his old horsemen? But you're right, if he decides to act out, that will be a big problem. And it likely will happen down the line once he gets his original band back together.

    spoilers:
    Excalibur #3 solit - "Captain Britain must face the truth about her brother and choose her path forward as MI-13 and the agents of the crown become aware of her ascension. As the lighthouse grows, Apocalypse and Rictor must master the earth beneath their feet".
    And looking at the cover of issue #3, perhaps the drama won't be in Poccy acting out, but more about his coming out. :-)
    end of spoilers
    Nice catch, maybe Apoc is using Rictor without him understanding his true intentions. I think Apocalypse will be on board with Krakoa at the beginning, but he will eventually start to go against Charles and Erik when their views will be more human friendly than his.

    Btw, I'm so excited that they'll be exploring Rictor's connection to the Earth! I always liked that part of his powers other than just making tremors, plus it might have a mystical side to it.

  15. #1800
    Ultimate Member JKtheMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bedford UK
    Posts
    10,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if next issue shows Xavier making an example of Sabertooth to the other villains. Some kind of hearing along the lines of “This mutant endangered the sovereignty of Krakoa by killing several humans while on an important mission. He who breaks the law must be punished! Back to the house of pain!”

    It’ll be a message to the others. Stay here and be good, and I’ll give you eternal life in paradise. Disobey and this is what you get.

    Then maybe we find out what the hidden spot on Krakoa is. Maybe Xavier will even cast Creed out into Limbo or something similar...very much in line with the biblical angle.

    Pretty sure though that Krakoa’s safety would be what’s cited as the reason and not the loss of human life.
    Ok. Friendly bet.

    My bet is that he is either not in the rest of Hox Pox at all, or it is revealed that he was asked to get himself arrested by any means possible because they wanted to get a message to a mutant in the prison facility.

    Either way there will be no Krakoan trial, and no example made.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •