Page 7 of 161 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Naked, flying Angel should be in every issue.
    Yes!
    10char

BANNED

My baby Evan is about to have an interesting week.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I think she was the girl that showed up during Bendis run as a baddie, she controlled red constructs. But I do not remember her name.
    That would be Animax.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I foolishly barely considered that.

The real question here is why is Proteus onboard but #1 indicates Legion/David is not yet aligned with the mutants?
    They said his powers were causing his mental destabilization so it makes sense he would align himself with a place that can replace his body and basically keep him sane. It's like he's body polar and the replacement is his meds. Also now that he's hive minding with the others of the five (now that i think about it is this hope's new five lights? Didn't they feel drawn to her and follow her around. ) he has friends.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Great issue! A few random thoughts:

--Pretty much everyone suspected the strike team would be resurrected via Sinister's mutant DNA database, but the way it was actually pulled off is infinitely more interesting than I could have imagined. Also provides a pretty easy out so that death is a real possibility again given their reliance on the 5.

--Jean's remark about there having only ever been one of her seems like a passive aggressive remark about Madelyne?

--I wonder what the implications of the resurrection process are for Moira--could they, feasibly, keep her from resetting on death if her consciousness is returned to a cloned body?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Also now that he's hive minding with the others of the five (now that i think about it is this hope's new five lights? Didn't they feel drawn to her and follow her around.
    Yep, it's what Hope does apparently. As for the old Lights, Transonic and the rest of those characters I can't be bothered to remember stay left on read.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

This issue establishes that having your mind/memories copied into a cloned body and having your soul transferred to it keeps you the exact same person as before.

The logic of this should put a certain retcon to bed for good. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Yep, it's what Hope does apparently. As for the old Lights, Transonic and the rest of those characters I can't be bothered to remember stay left on read.
    Aren't they six including hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    That would be Animax.
    Right! Thanks.

Love that Hope finally got a new costume and she has her own mini team that she leads

In regard to the resurrections i would argue those saying they are clones would mean Jean herself has always been a clone. Whether it is her hatching out of a phoenix egg or a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean healing a body that was completely destroyed. The five are doing no different than creating a phoenix egg that they are then incubating and reviving mutants. It's like embueing everyone with the phoenix force, something Hope did at one point possess as well. So i don't think they are clones, some how the mutant soul must imprint on their x-gene.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It would have been fun if the Lights were doing the resurrections. It would have given them a purpose.

But their powers are bit unrelated to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    In regard to the resurrections i would argue those saying they are clones would mean Jean herself has always been a clone. Whether it is her hatching out of a phoenix egg or a cocoon at the bottom of the ocean healing a body that was completely destroyed. The five are doing no different than creating a phoenix egg that they are then incubating and reviving mutants. It's like embueing everyone with the phoenix force, something Hope did at one point possess as well. So i don't think they are clones, some how the mutant soul must imprint on their x-gene.
    Was Maddie really a clon? Or was she a duplicate Jean?

so they not gonna give these people clothes? I didnt like how they were paraded around there naked

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Also, Magneto's line "They should have killed us when they had the chance" felt like a callback to Ian McKellen telling Stryker the same in X2. But with the obvious transition from 'killed me' to 'killed us,' fitting with the 'society' theme.