Page 48 of 161 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah I am not defending them. I did not find them sympathetic, but the one who shot Scott just experienced her husband being killed by the X-Men and was prodded by that Omega sentinel.
    Technically, he killed himself to keep the Mother Mold from being destroyed. The X-Men had just landed and he went BOOM. But yeah, Karima was wrong for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Polaris?? Hate humans?? I can’t imagine why....
    She hadn’t been drinking from as much anger in awhile, but there are solid in story reasons for it with her old sort of friends being wiped out stopping a new generation of genocidal robots. Were the comments within the range of Lorna views? When kind of pissed off? Sure.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    And yet they were still driven to the brink of extinction by a bunch of flatscans. Miss me with that "the fear is justified" bs.

Xavier isn't trying to "take over the world" he's just trying to carve out a tiny slice of the pie for Mutantkind (like he did in a previous life before Humans sent Sentinels to murder them. Again.)

I find much more incriminating that there's a secret organization who's sole purpose is to kill mutants when they start getting "uppity".
    I am talking about interpreting the story. The story says Orchis knows Xavier has a plan, Xavier knows Xavier has a plan, Emma knows Xavier has a plan, Cypher might know, not sure about Magneto. We therefor know Xavier has a plan too, but we do not know what it is, but we do know it means the mutant race will be dominant in a short time, and it also involves more than just a slice of land as Xavier reminds Emma.

Using things like Mother Mold are obviously meant to make it seem like the X-Men must be right, because machines are bad, but that is a trick, and all these other things are being dropped that we should be picking up that the X-Men and a bunch of super villains and an island that pumps out mutant clones is really sketchy.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

That villainous Xavier trying to resurrect all those mutants killed my human-made murder machines, terrorist groups, psychotic and pretenders!

How dare he try to dominate the, uh, info-graphs showing millions of mutant deaths at the hands of human-made murder machines, terrorist groups, and psychotic pretenders?

Quick question could they have used Ariel to enter Orchis from one of the doors?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Given that part of that deal included recognizing Krakoa as a sovereign nation, that's completely reason. When one nation refuses to recognize the other as legitimate, that is a naturally adversarial relationship.
    I am not sure what you are referencing, but the info says if the Trade Deal was not accepted it was a sign of a naturally adversarial nation, it had nothing to do with recognition and I'm not even sure that is as simple as you make it.

Using things like Mother Mold are obviously meant to make it seem like the X-Men must be right, because machines are bad, but that is a trick, and all these other things are being dropped that we should be picking up that the X-Men and a bunch of super villains and an island that pumps out mutant clones is really sketchy.
    I do agree that this could go south very quickly. But as mentioned earlier, the villains are now off the streets so to speak. That's a nice bonus for humanity, for now. Perhaps they'll cease terrorizing the rest of the planet in exchange for sanctuary. If the super villains are on the island, they're not hiding in the bushes trying to kill me when I get home with my pizza.

48 pages already. This issue deserves all the chatter.

It might have been covered but I wanted to say that using Storm in this ceremonial role when it comes to revered figures and practices makes complete sense to me. And those moments might have been the best character moments between X-men in all of HoX/PoX so far.

I am not sure what you are referencing, but the info says if the Trade Deal was not accepted it was a sign of a naturally adversarial nation, it had nothing to do with recognition and I'm not even sure that is as simple as you make it.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 1.58.48 PM.jpg

"Xavier is only offering these miracle drugs to nations that recognize his."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    idk how they would explain Destiny, but it makes sense to me that they'd be keeping Moira's abilities and past lives as a secret to everyone else. Specially since if word got out, Moira could be a target. If she wasn't already... the fact she hasn't been shown makes me think Xavier/Magneto stashed her somewhere cause she might had different views than them at this point.

Or this "life" is the one leading to her getting the database from Nimrod in the far future, and she is just in hibernation.
    Imagine Sinister created a Moira. First thing he does when it awakens is have it's thoughts read. Now, all he has to do is kill this Moira, or have some contingency to have it killed, and then each time he goes to read its thoughts for the first time, he is getting all this info. Imagine a Sinister gave itself Moira DNA.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    48 pages already. This issue deserves all the chatter.
    It's objectively a great book.

It might have been covered but I wanted to say that using Storm in this ceremonial role when it comes to revered figures and practices makes complete sense to me. And those moments might have been the best character moments between X-men in all of HoX/PoX so far.
    Yes.

People wanted the big-voiced, authoritative Storm of the CC years and the X-Men: The Animated Series, and they're sure getting her!

StormLeader.jpg

48 pages of actual chatter and not bickering. Hickman did great

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    She hadn’t been drinking from as much anger in awhile, but there are solid in story reasons for it with her old sort of friends being wiped out stopping a new generation of genocidal robots. Were the comments within the range of Lorna views? When kind of pissed off? Sure.

Yeah, Lorna’s hate comes from a place of seeing a mutant haven blown up right in front of her. But from the way ppl on this board are talking, if Polaris even has an ”anti-human” shirt on, that means a thumbs up for Sentinels to go and blow up Krakoa.

Fantastic Member

so oddly enough to greet all those villains they send Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine .... that's it?

I mean potentially what's to stop Selene or Apocalypse from causing some trouble?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I am talking about interpreting the story. The story says Orchis knows Xavier has a plan, Xavier knows Xavier has a plan, Emma knows Xavier has a plan, Cypher might know, not sure about Magneto. We therefor know Xavier has a plan too, but we do not know what it is, but we do know it means the mutant race will be dominant in a short time, and it also involves more than just a slice of land as Xavier reminds Emma.
    Read HOX 1 again. It's not Xavier's plans that make Mutants dominant. It's biological and cultural. It's a naturally occurring event.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 09-18-2019 at 02:12 PM.