Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
Imo it does. She did what every other politician does when they have access to dirt on someone. Is it right? No do I personally feel it's for the greater good? Yes.

Slave owners would say it was wrong to steal their property and whisknthem up North but people against slavery would say owning other people is wrong.
Sure, I get it. You believe that if the end goal is virtuous, then non-virtuous actions in support of that goal are acceptable. I would never say that's wrong. But I don't know if it's always so clear cut. The example you gave is of course one most people would agree with. But in a less extreme example....who decides if the end goal is virtuous?

I know, we were already told.....Magneto decides.

There's going to be differing views about what is a virtuous goal or not, and that's where this all gets muddled.

Hickman has really created an interesting angle here....much like he did with his New Avengers run, where there are compelling views on both sides. It makes for good reading, and good discussion, and I'm glad he's brought this level of thought to the book.