Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
Well Mutants are Mutants. What we are actually talking is the results of endless stories of mutants being smacked down by human pass the level where they should be heroic and idealistic. This is a cause and result story. Talking about "ideals" in the face real thing bad stuff happens is weird. The X-men were figuratively at the end of the firing line, And one guy say hey let's live peace he gets shot in the head, The next guy say let's live in peace he gets shot in the head, The next guy says let's live in peace and he gets shot in the head. You are asking for the X-men to do the same thing in the face of knowing the results because of "Heroism and Idealism". It is a dangerous example to bring up because so many people died from it but a lot more lives were saved by dropping an atomic bomb. Sometimes it is time for something different and the middle result(Atomic bomb) is quite horrible but the end goal of peace happened because of it.

I haven't seen the X-men give up on their ideal of peaceful coexistence yet but they are certainly fighting differently now which is sometimes required.As with the example before I can't 100% percent praise the Atom Bomb as the right decision so many people died, as a result, it but I can't say it was the wrong decision either because of the end result. This a story where you aren't going to agree with all the choices and ask sometimes if the ends justify to the means. And that is better than X-men endless getting smacked in a manner in which they should have destroyed every human on the planet and bring peace to the earth. Stop asking for the X-men to stand at the end of firing line waiting to die.
I agree, I think they are using their status as a nation to negotiate with the nations of the world from a place of strength. Most of their strength is based on the economics of the flower products they produce, but a lot of countries have done similar things to negotiate for greater status when they have a high demand product that the world wants.

Still it gives the mutants the chance to negotiate for mutant rights from a stronger position and now they have recognition by the United Nations which means that the Geneva Conventions now apply to the mutant nation of Krakoa.