Page 37 of 161 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I've seen some folks wonder why mutant villains would stay in check.

Right now the X-Men have leverage. They can resurrect mutants and offer safe harbor from the rest of the world. There isn't much reason to go against that because it is a pretty sweet deal.

All the mutant terror groups like MLF, Acolytes and Brotherhood are probably love the idea of a Mutant state anyway.
    It looked like right when Apocalypse conceded to this notion everyone else was like: Well if Apoc does I will too. Just from the scene at least. Everyones head we hanging low a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    Attachment 87233

So, at the start of the book, if this a shot of Scott’s team being reincarnated, who’s the guy to the left of him in that picture?
    Not Warren, no wings. Not Logan and clearly not Kurt.

Enquiring minds want to know.
    That's Mystique.

I love this issue so much. The inferno call back. The resurrection process details. Hope's new costume! Xavier's vest! Aaaah.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I sense that you are really into this, but the fact is you are just not accepting the nonsense of the shared universe. Captain America never ignored mutant problems because he did not care for mutants, he ignored them because Captain America is not an X-Men book. When writers started having Cyclops scream that like a whiny child it was a failure as writers, it was breaking the trust of how the Marvel U works, and it shows here how writers still ignore all the hard work that the generations of writers did before them to get their cheap shock stories in before they move on.
    lolllllll, what?

In the fiction, Captain America wasn't around. That's all that matters. The characters aren't, like, aware they're in a comic book.

You really expect them to be like "ah, crap, they couldn't help us during 'E is for Extinction' because Marvel has these different editorial houses, and those characters had other stories in other books, but, it's cool."

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    No hands adds to his character. Too late.
    not really. They're done nothing with it other than make him look like Ray Man
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I love this issue so much. The inferno call back. The resurrection process details. Hope's new costume! Xavier's vest! Aaaah.
    Isn't Hope's costume a palette swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    lolllllll, what?

In the fiction, Captain America wasn't around. That's all that matters. The characters aren't, like, aware they're in a comic book.

You really expect them to be like "ah, crap, they couldn't help us during 'E is for Extinction' because Marvel has these different editorial houses, and those characters had other stories in other books, but, it's cool."
    So you really think all those heroes simply just don't care at all?

There are tons of times where major things happen and heroes from other teams aren't there, are we to assume it's because they don't care?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Hope is a pallet swap. Not as green and not as red.

Aren't the "Five" basically just creating clones? I mean no matter how you slice it the one's they resurrect still died their souls are gone even if you replicate their brains..

Also this issue really just solidifies that Jean is subpar without the cosmic fire Chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My only issue with the mutant allegory is the downplaying of human allies. All human are treated as enemies and I'm not a fan of that.
    I agree with your sentiment.

I have to wonder/expect that a significant number of the mutant populace has given in to the idea that if you're not actively using your platform (speaking specifically of other super humans and/or governments etc) to eliminate/criminalize/vilify threats to mutantkind, then you're consider complicit by not standing against it. Its extreme Us vs. Them mentality, and I'm not thrilled about it, but as others have pointed out (and Hickman himself with the murder tolls info graphic page etc) -- I'm not surprised/blaming them either.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I agree. The really can give him some hands.
    Elixir... wth, man!
    Also... Masque exists!?

Handsome Glob Herman can exist like handsome squidward.

Somebody help this kid
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    They just haven't done anything with him period

Besides looking like Ray Man makes him more recognizable in a crowd shot, and that white boy needs all the help he can get in that regard

You do realize that we're talking in-universe, right? Also, "cheap shock stories"? Those have been around since the Golden Age. Try to keep up, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    All of them are. Even Elixir.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Aren't the "Five" basically just creating clones? I mean no matter how you slice it the one's they resurrect still died their souls are gone even if you replicate their brains..
    Yep. Though Hickman seems to be going with the view that "personality + memories = soul" so, while the clones aren't technically the originals, they are truly identical copies with identical souls. So, they'll think, feel, and act exactly as the originals would have.