Page 40 of 161 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Emma only needed the security council to allow the vote. Once it got past their veto, they knew they had the votes from their partners. That's why the Russian ambassador was key.
    Oh you're right, it was about her abstaining. So probably she just pushed her in the right direction. More of good timing/strategy than TP flexing.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Your post makes me wonder just how many people have this
    completely wrong

http://www.blastoffcomics.com/2016/0...nd-fears-them/

Annnnnd... once you read that you'll kinda at least see where my beef is coming from.

You got it backwards.

The Xmen whole thing was protecting humanity... ostensibly from evil mutants.

So really sunspots whole run on The Avengers common and his time as citizen V was perfectly align with what was supposed to happen.

A big part of the dream was to show that we are Heroes, friends, sisters, brothers, aunts, cousin's...
    They did that, and humanity still decided to build sentinels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    I'm still not buying that everything is as it has been presented. I find it hard to believe these characters aren't even second guessing Xavier.

And the whole resurrection thing I'm also not buying it, specially when Sinister was involved.

What I found odd, is they are welcoming all these villains and trusting them.... but Magneto doesn't remove his helmet at all?
    He did have his helmet off. He opened the book talking to Lorna without it.

How many times should they start over pretending to be heroes while humans kill their children?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Are they though? Xavier and his island of insanely powerful mutants could take over the world now that they're (for now) united. Instead they are offering life-saving medicine to the world. Not sure they are treating humans as enemies, at least not all of them.
    remember With great power comes great responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh you're right, it was about her abstaining. So probably she just pushed her in the right direction. More of good timing/strategy than TP flexing.
    that's always been the unfair thing about the security council having the ability to stop things from going to vote by the general assembly. A unilateral veto for 15 countries is quite unfair. Nice way to keep suspicion down too, Emma didn't make the Russian Ambassador vote in favor, she just nudged the Ambassador to abstain and not block the motion from going to the general assembly.

BANNED

Oh yeah..where is Sunspot at?

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    No, Bro... wtf... No they frikkenn didn't.

Mad scientists did that ****. Rogue members of international organizations, did that. A.I.M. Hydra... Hammer... Disgraced or Rogue Shield...

Not "HUMANITY".

And... again this is the same justification for every bs invasion since 911.

12 dudes commit extremism... letd invade and occupy that home country.

I mean seriously. Some people need to stop moralizing and admit you just want to read books about the brotherhood of evil mutants.

Honestly... it's not even that big a deal... the PUNISHER has a book. So it's fine I'd that's what you want. Really.

It's not what I want. Now what I've been rooting for all these years.

This is as close to Magnetos dreams since house if M.

XAVIER'S PLAN WOULD HAVE WORKED FINE IF NOT FOR ALL THE JERK MUTANTS STARTING WITH MAGNETO
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 12:44 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Humanity built sentinels? Aren't you painting the whole of humanity with one broad brush?

I'm surprised not more people are calling out similarities to the Inhumans and how that is seemingly not bothering anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I'm surprised not more people are calling out similarities to the Inhumans and how that is seemingly not bothering anyone.
    has every nuhuman seen medusa's coochie and blackagar's silencer
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

The democratically elected American government basically banned mutants from existing recently. #YesAllHumans

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Sticking with my theory that we're seeing a different life than the current 616.

If we aren't and this is the main MU, then Hickman has his voices all wrong for everyone, and this will likely be the way the X-Men leave the planet or whatever that old rumour was about the mutants going away from everyone else
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mad scientists did that ****. Rogue members of international organizations, did that. A.I.M. Hydra... Hammer... Disgraced or Rogue Shield...

Not "HUMANITY".
    Seriously, how did they accomplish building the astral base and get there and back without serious military funding. I wouldn't be surprised if there are tons of representatives from the American, Russian, and Chinese governments that were working together in the Orchis organization.

They weren't entirely rogue, they were disavowed in case they failed, but I am sure they had support from several world governments.

Not "HUMANITY".
    The federal government built them. The combined might of several governments along with terrorist organizations built a base near the sun to build more. After the decimation the government stationed Sentinels at the mansion. Miss me with that “it’s just a few bad apples” garbage. It’s always been systemic.