Page 114 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2404
  1. #1696
    Amazing Member Bloxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Reading fiction must be a weird experience for you. =)



    The actual concerns being "I'm cool with them being mutants...only I want them to be just like me!" =)
    That's not a response.
    That's a strawman.

  2. #1697
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Oh, I don’t think this will end well, either. As much as I like it so far, there needs to be tension and things need to blow up. There are a ton of seeds for future drama. And in the end, no one at Marvel can ever really create a series from a mutant-normative POV. We already see how much fan backlash you would get.
    Except this is rebooting the XMen for MCU and for younger fans. And sets things up for future XMen versus the Avengers.

    We already had Axis, which was really AvX2.

    Then XMen versus Inhumans.

  3. #1698
    Incredible Member useridgoeshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Found an extremely good, topical thread on Twitter: https://twitter.com/excel522/status/...326071296?s=19

    Highly recommend!
    Very nice. Thanks for posting.

  4. #1699
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Except this is rebooting the XMen for MCU and for younger fans. And sets things up for future XMen versus the Avengers.

    We already had Axis, which was really AvX2.

    Then XMen versus Inhumans.
    Disney will only portray X-Men as heroes and there's nothing heroic about Hickman's story so far.

  5. #1700
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol i was actually in Boston when this was going on...Went down to check it out....It was my first day in the city and I ran outta lube

    Uhh where did you read where those 'good humans' are treated as trash??? Damn Mutants get a lil bit of agency and getting accused of what? Not patting 'good humans' on the back for being decent people....where is the line drawn indeed
    Didn't Magneto presented the Kraked as the new gods of sapiens, who were tolerating them on THEIR world? He meant every word you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaja View Post
    I am imagining a scenario where a cosmic entity appears in Krakoa and says:

    'Hey, Mutants, I can get rid of every single human on this planet just by wishing it. However, I want you to help me decide. Do you want all Homo Sapiens to disappear off the face of the Earth?'.

    Do you think that most Mutants would vote yes or no?

    We know that Marvel humans, or at least a large part of them, would not hesitate to get rid of Mutants, or at least that's what it seems, judging by the way they have acted over the years. The point is... would the Mutants do the same if they had the chance?
    How exactly are the mutants different from the sapiens in that regard? Their ambassador to the UN is a known supremacist right now, they have welcomed mass murderers and killers in their midst without any kind of visible moral backlash... Of course there would be mutants supporting genocide of the sapiens, the same way there would be some of them against. What's amusing is how people are pretending mutants are of the purest of the heart when they are just people, Human's at that, just like the sapiens are. It's telling.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  6. #1701
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    That's not a response.
    That's a strawman.
    Spoken like someone who hates and fears, so to speak.

  7. #1702
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Taking time off from 'Marvel Future Fight' on my cell
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    The theoretical Marvel vs. X-Men event years from now could end with the extinction of all other beings in the universe that are not mutants, at the hands of the X-Men, because something or other has triggered it so that the only way for mutantkind to exist is if all other non-mutant organisms are destroyed.

    Then we get another fourth-wall/cosmic reboot that unsnaps everything and everyone back...back to a setting with a more tolerable balance of human-mutant rapport and tension now that the X-Men have been demonstrated as formidable to the MCU-only audience, who will now be excited to see how they play out cinematically (for the third time) in Disney's sandbox.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

    The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    (Please return to the Academy setting before I turn 47...)

  8. #1703
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's meaningless in the sense that all those ties the X-Men had with nonmutant heroes didn't provide an impetus for those nonmutant heroes, Avengers or not, to lend a hand or raise their voices in protest of the U.S. government repeatedly attempting to violently repress, if not flat-out exterminate, all mutants, including the ones the Avengers and their ilk knew as fellow heroes. They could go to war with each other and the U.S. government over their right to not have to register with said government for the fully rational fear that the government would use them as super-soldiers, superspies, and/or super-assassins for shady causes and agendas, but they somehow couldn't connect or relate that with the government registering mutants to make it easier to repress and exterminate them all. I mean, really, the nonmutant heroes have seen time and again that it wouldn't take all that much for the government and the public to turn against them and treat them the same as mutants have been all these years, so at least for the sake of their own continued survival, maybe they should reconsider their own allegiances.

    Then again, there is a more fundamental disconnect between the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel superheroes. The rest of the Marvel superheroes labor under the delusion that the status quo, while imperfect and flawed, is nonetheless worth preserving for the sake of the public's welfare, even when that public isn't always (or often) grateful for their presence or actions. The X-Men labor under the reality that the status quo is fundamentally inimical to their right to survive, let alone thrive, that humanity as a whole is irrevocably and incorrigibly opposed to their continued existence, and that they are completely and utterly on their own. In the face of that reality, is there anything for them worth trying to defend or uphold or preserve?
    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    My concern has always been with that villainous contingent. And i don't mean the "villains because society has taught us to be villains" villains.

    I'm talking bout the jamies, the selenes, the emplates. The sociopathic ones who just went "I like being evil."


    You can talk about the others keeping them in line... but when the first mission we see from this new nation involves Sabertooth just murdering Damage Control members ( It's DAMAGE CONTROL, like come on.)... it doesn't inspire confidence.
    This is exactly my worry at this time. In fact let paint you a picture that has been rattling in my head for a while:

    Let's start of with a volunteer from teh audience hmm? Selene, because i kept seeing this person saying over and over she can be reasoned with and can reach an agreement that won't have her going on killing sprees to keep her youth and power topped off.

    Now let's say that they reach an agreement, first question how long do you think she would abide by an agreement that is really hindering her freedom to do whatever she wants? Because let's not forget that she is an immortal mutant who has for years done what ever she pleases and damn the consequences or who it hurts/maims/traumatizes/kills.

    Then while she is under that agreement and is given an alternate means to feed her power that does not harm any innocents (human, meta or mutant) she goes along with it for a while until one day she thinks " i tire of this" and uses her vast wealth of knowledge of the arcane to slip past whatever means the X-men have cooked up to keep an eye on the villains (because i sincerely doubt they would be stupid enough to trust this psychos) and preys on some innocent person (again could be human, could be meta or could be mutant but they are INNOCENT).

    After she does this once, get a thrill from being naughty and does it multiple times until of course she is caught. Now to further add to this scenario it is the local authorities or heroes who catch her (Maybe Cap, Maybe Spidey or the F4) and they go to trial for her crimes but and this is using an already established example. A member of Krakoa (X-men or not) comes along and says sorry she is a citizen of our nation and will be dealt with by us and since i didn't see Sabertooth in a cell i can only assume he was not punished for killing people she wouldn't either. Or in another version of the scenario she gets caught and pulls a card a la Lethal Weapon 2 and says "Diplomatic Immunity bitches!" and does not get punished for her crimes.

    So the end result for this scenario is the victims are denied justice, Orchis gets validated in their fears, the mutants are painted as human haters, here comes the Sentinels, Armaggedon times 1000.
    I hope we don't see that happen, that there is some form or way they can keep this psychos in line and not hurt ANYONE.

    Now I can't stress this enough, but this scenario is focused only on the villains.

    The ones we know for a fact are 100%, GRADE A, balls to the walls EVIL (Again i can't help but ask this, why in the name of god are the Morlocks lumped with that group!?)

    And because i know a lot of people here like to keep saying it over and over about humanity is evil but let's not forget:

    Sinister (who isn't really a mutant btw, but was a 18th century old mad scientist who got his genes messed up by Apocalypse) founded and unleashed the Marauders to go on a killing spree on the poor Morlocks for being the result of the experiments done by Dark Beast (also a mutant who tortured and experimented on countless innoncent during AoA)
    Stryfe (Clone of Cable, a mutant) created the Legacy Virus which was unknowingly unleashed by Sinister which killed who knows how many mutants including Magik.
    Mystique, who has killed who knows how many people (one of them being Moira) and you can't say all of them were mutant haters because there must have been innocents along the way (i mean she went out of her way to torture and kill a man that Danvers loved just to hurt her).
    Gorgon, part of HYDRA, enough said.
    Cassandra Nova (Not a mutant, not human but still Xavier's sister), 16 million dead because she stands against all he does and wanted to make him the X-men suffer.

    I don't know what Hickman plans to do with them but i can tell it will be big and it will be bloody and it will shake the current status quo in ways we won't understand until the dust settles.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 09-21-2019 at 07:00 PM.

  9. #1704
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,551

    Default

    I just noticed that Warren was blue Archangel form in Hox 3 and He was normal Angel in Hox 5. Just as note I think it is finally official to say he has recovered from Remender "killing him" in X-force.

  10. #1705
    Libre. People Of The Earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Paris.
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    You just want them to go back to being safe for your feelings.

    "Some of my best friends are mutants!"
    Oh well, you got me there! You're absolutely right. Yup. Totally spot on. Yup yup yup.

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why the eFF would they want Kavita Roa walking Krakoa all willy nilly?? She'll try to cure the whole population
    She's been an ally of the X-Men for years now, I could have chosen another sapien to make the same point: good or bad, none of them are allowed on the main island.

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The core concepts of the XMen and the Avengers are too different. The Avengers are supercops. The XMen fight for the survival of their species.

    They’ve never been and never will be friends.
    That's false.

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The XMen are the ultimate survivors. The Avengers are the popular government sponsored heroes,

    That conceptually puts them far apart.

    They cannot be friends.
    That too is patently false.

    Try and read other Marvel books, broads one's perspective and knowledge.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."


    "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

  11. #1706
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    How exactly are the mutants different from the sapiens in that regard? Their ambassador to the UN is a known supremacist right now, they have welcomed mass murderers and killers in their midst without any kind of visible moral backlash... Of course there would be mutants supporting genocide of the sapiens, the same way there would be some of them against. What's amusing is how people are pretending mutants are of the purest of the heart when they are just people, Human's at that, just like the sapiens are. It's telling.
    I do think that's the issue, is it not?

    Question: is granting a pardon to a known killer, cannibal, and rapist (Sabretooth) just because he is a Mutant really that great of an idea? Shouldn't they just, I don't know, judge him for his past crimes? Then again, maybe they will, maybe they won't. We shall have to wait and see.

  12. #1707
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Except this is rebooting the XMen for MCU and for younger fans. And sets things up for future XMen versus the Avengers.

    We already had Axis, which was really AvX2.

    Then XMen versus Inhumans.
    I know no one agrees with me, but I loved AXIS. It is a genuinely good event and I had a ton of fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Disney will only portray X-Men as heroes and there's nothing heroic about Hickman's story so far.
    Actually, I don't think Disney would use it exactly, but if they adapted a lighter version of it, you could get some interesting movies out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I just noticed that Warren was blue Archangel form in Hox 3 and He was normal Angel in Hox 5. Just as note I think it is finally official to say he has recovered from Remender "killing him" in X-force.
    He probably might not even be able to turn into Archangel depending on how the genetics work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaja View Post
    I do think that's the issue, is it not?

    Question: is granting a pardon to a known killer, cannibal, and rapist (Sabretooth) just because he is a Mutant really that great of an idea? Shouldn't they just, I don't know, judge him for his past crimes? Then again, maybe they will, maybe they won't. We shall have to wait and see.
    None of those villains would have come to the island if they thought that they would just be thrown in prison when they did.

  13. #1708
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    196

    Default

    That Twitter thread is arguing that people don't want mutants to have their own unique culture and that the X-Men only ever stopped the antics of the likes of Sabretooth etc because they were just wanting to be Uncle Toms. Silly nonsense.

  14. #1709
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I just noticed that Warren was blue Archangel form in Hox 3 and He was normal Angel in Hox 5. Just as note I think it is finally official to say he has recovered from Remender "killing him" in X-force.
    I think that’s been the case with him (completely unexplained mind you) since Astonishing X-Men and the Iceman solo considering he not only acted like himself rather than NuAngel but remembered his Champions days, something NuAngel wouldn’t since he had none of Warren’s memories.

  15. #1710
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That Twitter thread is arguing that people don't want mutants to have their own unique culture and that the X-Men only ever stopped the antics of the likes of Sabretooth etc because they were just wanting to be Uncle Toms. Silly nonsense.
    I don't mind mutants doing their own thing, it's just that this thing their doing is creepy and wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •