Page 23 of 161 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    You argue some minor point in some other comic that people can either buy into or not depending on if they really want to read about Ben Reilly. It has not impact whatsoever to someone reading the X-Men who might be invested in these characters. Everyone is going to respond differently and no it won't have to be consistent or provable.
    Comics are comics. Jean has replaced her body more times than I can count. Secret Wars 2015 did the same thing. Wasn't everybody invested back then? Hickman want to such lengths to say its a ressurection. Ben Reily was an example. Even 616 is not 616 but Earth Prime now...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Clones are allowed on the island. We already have the Cuckoos
    Actually, I think some posters believe it's impossible for a clone to have a soul. I disagree, a clone is born with the spark of life and thus a soul. The Cuckoos, Nate Grey, Laura, Ben Reilly, Kaine, they all have souls.

The issue with Madelyne Pryor is that Sinister was trying to duplicate the essence of Jean's power and was having no luck with that. I suspect he was trying to duplicate the connection to the Phoenix force when he created Madelyne and she did get a shard of the Phoenix Force when it sent a portion of itself to cocoon Jean which split and a part went to Madelyne, and the core force then bonded with Rachel.

I think Madelyne has a soul too, it's just that Sinister wanted to accomplish more than just creating a clone, he wanted her to have Jean's connection to the cosmic Phoenix force too and that was the part he was having trouble creating.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Comics are comics. Jean has replaced her body more times than I can count. Secret Wars 2015 did the same thing. Wasn't everybody invested back then? Hickman want to such lengths to say its a ressurection. Ben Reily was an example. Even 616 is not 616 but Earth Prime now...
    No, it's 616, that Earth Prime thing was forgotten and abandoned.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Red flag everyone.
    Screenshot (34)_LI.jpg

I love the fact that Hickman made hope into a messiah figure and found a beautiful way of continuing her story

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They aren’t clones. Can we please not turn this into a 30+ page thing? Unless we’re purposefully being stubborn and ignoring what was established on panel?
    Maybe this might help: They aren’t clones. In fact they are now mutants possessing an externally-facilitated healing factor. Kind of like Wolverine who has regenerated himself from goop and bones after being blasted to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Red flag everyone.
    Screenshot (34)_LI.jpg
    Uh.... do you think that word is "temporarily" ?

Its temporally.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    How often are readers actually thinking anyone is going to die at all? If anything, this could make writers create actual stakes that matter instead of the hacky shock value deaths we've been getting.
    HoX 4 was more suspenseful and tense than any superhero book I've read in a long while, and we all knew it was heading to a point like this where they all came back.

I think that Hickman knows that shock value deaths are simply not a good way to lend weight to a story. In general, he doesn't like to kill characters off just to do so. The only times he's killed characters, it's been as part of the story.....like he did with Torch in FF, and with like maybe millions of universes in Secret Wars.

I hope that other writers and editors start to realize this and we can stop getting a "major death" in every big story.

Fantastic Member

Looking back it's still kinda weird Apocalypse and the rest sort of just put their heads down and nod. I mean some of these were X-Men or allies in the past like Marrow, Frenzy, and Random. While Selene, Emplate, and Azazel playing nice seems well wishful thinking at best. Then you have Wildside and Forearm just fodder standing around.

While I'm glad a lot of the damage seems to being fixed and we get so many characters back ..... I'm still thinking something will happen to make death and such possible and more permanent towards the end of the event.

Red flag everyone.
    Screenshot (34)_LI.jpg
    No red flag there. He wrote what he wrote

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Red flag everyone.
    Screenshot (34)_LI.jpg
    I'm calling the cops. smfh.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    I said I did not have to be consistent or prove myself, I also said I think SW did kill the old universe and this is something new but since I did not read SW I can ignore that, but for the sake of discussion a lot of these instances can be more believable because they are either so big like recreating the whole universe that anything goes, or so small that the cases that make them unbelievable do not arise, or so 'magical' that it becomes part of the reality that is the MU.

In this case, as presented, it is all just too clinical especially since it needs Xavier/Cerebro to imprint the 'soul' on to the husk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No red flag there. He wrote what he wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm calling the cops. smfh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Uh.... do you think that word is "temporarily" ?

Its temporally.
    Opps. Sorry.

Mighty Member

Why would you ever open your arms to Selene?

Apocalypse - "Depending on the circumstance... okay."

Vulcan - "Crazy, but crazy that can be convinced."

Sinister - "You're stupid for doing this, but he can be a team player until he inevitably screws you over."

But Selene? Selene cares for and helps no one but herself

Opps. Sorry.
    Its okay babe. The man has been called out pretty hard for some typos after all and this stuff is dense AF

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why would you ever open your arms to Selene?

Apocalypse - "Depending on the circumstance... okay."

Vulcan - "Crazy, but crazy that can be convinced."

Sinister - "You're stupid for doing this, but he can be a team player until he inevitably screws you over."

But Selene? Selene cares for and helps no one but herself
    Yeah. That's my biggest Oh No! Y'all can't just go inviting vampires into your Paradise!
    I mean, ya cracked the death code so maybe their next reveal is curing the parasitic mutants?
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-18-2019 at 09:38 AM.