Page 49 of 161 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Polaris has too good of a headdress to be used as little as she is.

I'm no expert on the character but I liked it when she was a grad student lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's objectively a great book.

Yes.

People wanted the big-voiced, authoritative Storm of the CC years and the X-Men: The Animated Series, and they're sure getting her!

Attachment 87244
    And i'm grateful for Hickman giving us that Storm, it was long overdue to hear and see a Storm like that Rallying the People of Krakoa.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    so oddly enough to greet all those villains they send Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine .... that's it?

I mean potentially what's to stop Selene or Apocalypse from causing some trouble?
    Xavier might've been able to read their good intentions, or maybe there was some communication good faith. Maybe they didn't expect so many people to actually take them up on their offer of peace and show. Maybe it was a leap of faith on his part, or they didn't want to create tension by waiting with an army of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Read it again. It's not Xavier's plans that make Mutants dominant. It's biological and cultural. It's a naturally occurring event.
    Right. Like, if you're human, it's not like your family would get killed by mutants; it's that your children, grand children, great-grands, etc. will be mutants until all of your descendants are mutants. This was stated during 'E is for Extinction', too.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hope is back as the mutant messiah.

Glad they used these minor characters (except Hope I guess). Though I fear one will die.

Hope this pod thing will not remain active as then death would be nothing, just create a new one....

Still missing Iceman, Rogue, Psylocke, Bishop, Vulcan, Havok, Kitty and Gambit in this event.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Xavier can grant their wishes. Apolcaypse never had to worry about another body. Sinister had all the material to study from.

Mastermind sisters get daddy back.

Emplate gets Marrow to feed off
    Selene can get as much life energy as she needs with this Ressurection process.

Exodus gets his nation

Calisto gets a home.

Frenzy gets her cult.

Of note Amelia Vought is absent. As she knows Charles Xavier too well.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

No, really, where the **** is Dazzler.

This is insane. When I posted earlier this was at like page 17. You blink at there are 49 pages of material to get through now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    No, really, where the **** is Dazzler.
    They thought the ceremony would be tackier if they allowed her to sing breathe into life by evamescence during the neked ceremony

Fantastic Member

Also I wonder how they determine resurrections. Like a request list? A priority system?

Emma requests - The Hellions, Synch, & Skin okay sounds good.

Sabretooth requests - Birdie - ehhhh she can wait

Mystique and Pyro request - Avlanche - ehhh yeah he can wait

Callisto requests - a shitload of Morlocks - oh yeah that's gonna take a while let that one sit

general request - all the Academy X kids senselessly killed - yeah we should get on that

Skids + Others Request - Rusty - yeah we can get on that

Exodus requests - a bunch of Acolytes - well ... yeah eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Also I wonder how they determine resurrections. Like a request list? A priority system?

Emma requests - The Hellions, Synch, & Skin okay sounds good.

Sabretooth requests - Birdie - ehhhh she can wait

Mystique and Pyro request - Avlanche - ehhh yeah he can wait

Callisto requests - a shitload of Morlocks - oh yeah that's gonna take a while let that one sit

general request - all the Academy X kids senselessly killed - yeah we should get on that

Skids + Others Request - Rusty - yeah we can get on that

Exodus requests - a bunch of Acolytes - well ... yeah eventually
    Exodus can ressurect people from the dead already.

Mystique would have Destiny on the list first

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh wow there's lot to unpack with this issue, which was definitely my favourite after #2 with Moira's story.

So much to love about what Hickman is setting up here. The mutant resurrection machine alone is ripe with opportunities for exploration. On the one hand it stops the neverending "revolving door" of mutant death and resurrection by creating an ACTUAL revolving door which won't necessitate any convulted explanations going forward. And at the same time, what if something goes wrong? What if someone is only presumed dead despite the investigation (I'm assuming that's what X-Force will be partly about)? What if at some stage someone takes it away and death becomes permanent again? Oh, the storytelling possibilities! Oh and by the way, way back when the pods were first shown I immediately thought of the Cylons' resurrection ship from BSG and this confirms it's going to work pretty much the same, although in a more manual way.

I also loved the character bits. Yes it does feel cultish but that's basically the whole purpose! To build one mutant nation.

"I'm the only "me" thanks ever was" - I LOVED this Inferno reference.

Oh and Pepe Larraz is just amazing. Every issue is better than the previous one. What a great artist.

I’m hoping that Powers of x can continue along with this momentum because at times the series feels a bit disconnected from
    House of x. Seems like Hickman has a lot to unpack in a short amount of time. Damn seems like just yesterday we had started his series and now we are pretty much at the finish line. Still curious to see what this timeline 6 is.

I still don't get the cult thing. People calling this a cult i would say the founders of America were probably thought to have a cult like mentality when they decided they wanted to be treated better and create a new country.

Also i would say a group of people singing the same song and then getting mad at one person for not singing that song because they don't feel their country represents them in the best way is far more cultish than what we see here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This is the kind of X-Men comic I'd write if I had the power, except Hickman turns up all the ideas to 11 and that's why he's the writer. His ability to find these unique roles for each character is especially enjoyable to me.

Relatedly: give me a comic - or at least a mini - starring The Five, please and thank you.

Oh, and the teases about the upcoming books sure makes it seem like this is the 616 after all! Well, I'm down for X-Cult. 100%

Watching the X-Men win is a blast, and I can't watch to see what new problems arise along with their success over their old problems.

Sidenote: where's Legion? I'd kill to know what, if anything, Hickman has planned for David.

Also, c'mon Hickman: use Shortpack.

-Pav, who wants Peepers resurrected...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Oh wow there's lot to unpack with this issue, which was definitely my favourite after #2 with Moira's story.

So much to love about what Hickman is setting up here. The mutant resurrection machine alone is ripe with opportunities for exploration. On the one hand it stops the neverending "revolving door" of mutant death and resurrection by creating an ACTUAL revolving door which won't necessitate any convulted explanations going forward. And at the same time, what if something goes wrong? What if someone is only presumed dead despite the investigation (I'm assuming that's what X-Force will be partly about)? What if at some stage someone takes it away and death becomes permanent again? Oh, the storytelling possibilities!
    Right. It was disheartening to see people focus on "death already doesn't matter in comic books" or "this makes death pointless" stuff, rather than see the new storytelling opportunities this provides. Fortunately, they number few.

Other ideas off the cuff: What if someone who was revived is conflicted about their authenticity?

What about the cosmic side of things? I imagine certain god(esses) (of death) will have an opinion about not receiving mutant souls. They might also have an opinion about losing souls they've had as Xavier plucks them out of the afterlife. (The language has been about backing-up essences of people like data, but we also know in the MU that there are souls and afterlives, so how might that figure into things?) Hela is quite familiar with the X-Men, and a Krakoan has served as a Valkyrie, so that call's probably coming.

I don't know. I mind reels.