Page 18 of 161 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    The White Queen got you your nation peasants, you're welcome. Now give her a goddamn castle.
    She was glorious in this. She and Beast being the diplomatic team like during Secret Empire was cool to see. They probably went to see opera after that.

Fantastic Member

Hope Summers ruined it for me lol. I like that Marrow is back in her old costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    Okay. Bye.

I feel like this story has validated and reconciled every story, even the ones that seemed like outliers. Inferno, Hope, Muir Island Saga, Bendis Revolution, every dumb Sinister story. wow
    Interesting. My thought on this is that all those stories were fine, nothing needed validating or reconciling, and this kind of 'look how clever I can be' type of storytelling does more to damage past stories than boost them.

BANNED

Useless old Hope finally has a purpose worth allowing her to take up panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Feels like DoX is entering a bigger game now. Still, wouldn't be surprised if we find out what happens when Moira is brought back to life by this method at some point.
    DoX books will have their hands full. The monsters from Krakoa's backstory, mutant drug shipping, the resurrection thing and all the villains on the Island. Plus whatever has been happining in PoX and Nimrod stuff might still have a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Feels like DoX is entering a bigger game now. Still, wouldn't be surprised if we find out what happens when Moira is brought back to life by this method at some point.
    I was originally dead stuck on the idea that this timeline would end in a failure and another reset . Not I’m not so sure because we are entering the stretch run and the mutants appear to have the upper hand.

BANNED

Oh yeah..where's Synch?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She was glorious in this. She and Beast being the diplomatic team like during Secret Empire was cool to see. They probably went to see opera after that.
    At least somebody finally got Russia for meddling in the elections. lol.

Interesting note history of the marvel universe #3 uses the word spoilers:
    duplicate
    end of spoilers in regard to Jean/Phoenix
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Some thoughts

I'm slightly weirded out they all are just chilling their with no clothes and a bunch of random mutants are oogling them and even putting their hands on them. Maybe Mystique might not care or even Wolverine but still weird.

It's hard to make out many of the crowd of mutants here. That green kid from the first issue. A flaming fist ... probably Match. Some Hippo looking guy? Glob is there and looking like he's trying to get a feel of Jean's bare ass.

The Nations backing off aren't surprising though the USA and Canada seemingly going along is odd. Canada has some shady **** with Department H and the Alphas. Russia has their own mutants they seemingly would want to control. No mention of China.

Now onto the part I was looking forward to. THE BAD GUYZ. 20+ then more in waves. So looks like they came through a gate but wondering where and what gate? Did nobody think it weird seeing big groups of well bad guys walking through a Krakoan gate? Even with Amnesty some of these are straight murderers while others shouldn't be lumped in.

Let's see who is on the initial guest list

Random - still not really bad. mostly a victim of characterization since X-Factor.
    Wildside - of the MLF
    Sinister - is he actually counting as a mutant now? so he'll bring the Marauders and maybe my good old Nasty Boys
    Lady Mastermind
    Mesmero
    Mentallo ? - was never X-related before. does this open the door for other criminals like Whirlwind?
    Animax - apparently?
    Shaw - hard to tell if Sebastian or Shinobi
    Selene - this will go well....
    Emplate - sure M will be glad to see her brother....
    Exodus -
    Gorgon - interesting choice though I'm not that familiar with him
    Callisto
    Apocalypse - on his own? do past Horsemen and/or Ozymandias come?
    Forearm - also of the MLF
    Daken - looks like him?
    Azazel - another family reunion...
    Masque
    Black Tom
    Frenzy
    Marrow - should she really be with the bad guys?

also glad to see my boy Synch is on the returning list and apparently Mimic really is a mutant now? we need Skin too.

I'd think Emma would want the Hellions at the top of the resurrection list and Callisto would want the Morlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    At least somebody finally got Russia for meddling in the elections. lol.
    They now might use Selene to mess with Russia even more lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    I am aware of that, but she is still perceived as one, and Scout definetly is one.
    Speaking of clones, I wonder what Krakoa means for Laura’s other sisters Zelda and Bellona, especially given that the former is dead and the later possibly still locked up. Also could them bring rebirthed fix whatever about their DNA caused them not to develop Laura’s powers?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Interesting. My thought on this is that all those stories were fine, nothing needed validating or reconciling, and this kind of 'look how clever I can be' type of storytelling does more to damage past stories than boost them.
    But that is how always has been done. The best x-men writers have always been the ones to build new things using continuity. At some points in the nineties plot points were rutinely introduced without a full story in mind. The Summers brother storyline, for example. Then someone would come and try to make some sense of them.

You guys, I just read the first 6 pages and I can't breathe. This is incredible! I'll be back but I had to say this. :-D. OMG!

OK I'm back and about to read all the comments, just getting my thoughts down.

I loved this so much. The scope of the idea Hickman has here is massive. Mutants are the next step in evolution so why wouldn't they evolve beyond death? Moira and Charles' plan was fantastic, having Sinister catalog all the DNA and Charles saving all the "minds".

I gasped when I saw Lorna - so happy to see her. And The Five! I love Elixir and it's such a treat to have Goldballs and Eva Bell used in such an important way. I love that panel when they emerged and Hickman is brilliant the way he's using their powers together. This opens up endless possibilities of what mutant powers can do when combined. This may be a reason why some of the rosters for the books are what they are. And nice to see Kurt even though he hasn't been placed in a book yet, Warren too. P.S. Scott, Logan, and Warren giving nude BODY! Oof.

So they are resurrected at optimal age/health so it explains Jean being so afraid on the mission as she's likely younger than the Jean we've known. Of course there is so much exploring to happen with all of this and as hinted, upgrades and such are possible. Did he really mention SYNCH!!!!????? Please bring my boy back. Storm and Monet, amazing as always. Magneto too.

Emma and Hank at the UN - amazing. Emma is really stealing her scenes and I'm happy about it. And then the "villains" coming through the portal and joining. Oh man, this is all so much! The possibilities are endless AND of course we have a few issues to go so let's see if any SHTF.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I feel like this issue, my favorite so far because we got to see so much of OUR characters, is a wonderful gift.
    Last edited by JB; 09-18-2019 at 08:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Ooof. That could even explain why X-23 is in Fallen Angels and not in the island.
    X-23 was long ago established to have a soul. Hellverine only said otherwise to torment her, and any others who say she doesn't (in AND out of universe) are only doing it to insult her. Plus she's not a full clone, anyway. Part of her genetic code also comes from Sarah, though we don't know the actual percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Speaking of clones, I wonder what Krakoa means for Laura’s other sisters Zelda and Bellona, especially given that the former is dead and the later possibly still locked up. Also could them bring rebirthed fix whatever about their DNA caused them not to develop Laura’s powers?
    Presumably any of the Sisters who didn't develop powers in the first place are SOL because the X-gene never manifested in the first place.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 09-18-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Comic Geek in General

It only does this explain the return of recently killed Havok, Wolfsbane, probably Madrox, Strong Guy, Chamber, Mondo, Banshee, and those killed last issue, etc and we’ve seen Vulcan in solicits, this also could mean characters like Sway, Petra, Destiny, Caliban, Thunderbird, etc .......

While I don’t see this going completely sideways right now, if the pendulum shifts against the X-Men behind the scenes (doubtful now that Disney owns Fox) again the negative impact of this would kick in.......

Wait, does this work [I]only [I] for Mutants, or could it be used for family members? Like say, family that was all but wiped out Shi’ar Death Commandos? Or assimilated by the Phalanx after being abducted by anti mutant nuts years ago (do I even have to say which family?)

At least Cyclops has his eye back......